Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Do I need an e brake controller to tow my 19 foot travel trailer with e brakes?

jacktismejacktisme Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Honda
I have a towing package and had a harness installed by Honda. There was a wire included in the kit that was labeled "e brake controller wiring" which was not installed by Honda dealer. Now I have purchased a travel trailer with e brakes so I went to my local Honda dealer who said I did not need the e brake controller wiring or a controller for my new trailer. The tech said it will work as is, but my trailer dealer says I need an e brake controller. I am confused. Help!

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    jacktisme said:

I have a towing package and had a harness installed by Honda. There was a wire included in the kit that was labeled "e brake controller wiring" which was not installed by Honda dealer. Now I have purchased a travel trailer with e brakes so I went to my local Honda dealer who said I did not need the e brake controller wiring or a controller for my new trailer. The tech said it will work as is, but my trailer dealer says I need an e brake controller. I am confused. Help!

What kind of Honda and how heavy is the trailer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jacktismejacktisme Member Posts: 2
    2013 Honda Pilot six cylinder with a towing package. The trailers GVWR of 3700 lbs.