Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Front Collision Warning System - 2015 Rogue

alg5alg5 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Nissan
Trying to determine if the FCW system actually works. Asked dealer for parameters and they said there are none and called the Nissan Consumer Affairs (which has no value) they just refer you back to the dealer. The light is on but regardless how reckless I drive cannot get FCW to actually activate. Travel too close to vehicle at highway speed (ie: 65 MPH with 2 car lengths should be close enough to activate) but nothing.

Is there a technical link back to the factory for the public. Service at dealer says there is no way to test functionality.

the commercial for Rogue seems to show it activates on road with animal chasing and moving to close to truck in front.

Anyone have ideas for ways to test or link back to factory in Japan where they would definitely have answer to this question?

Comments

• eieretereiereter Member Posts: 12
    According to a vudeo on youtube from nissanusa, it should activate above 10 mph. I was wandering the same, i got all other systems activated and confirmed working but this one i did not see. Maybe there is a much more dangerous threshold needed? Hmm. What's the use then, it supposed to be warning you in advance, not when its too late :0
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    The system on our Lincoln MKS only works when the cruise control is activated. There are three gap adjustments you can make: Very Safe, Close, & Too Close. The gaps vary with your speed.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    FCW only works (on mine) when car in front is slowing down and you are getting close. Does not work if car is actually stopped.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Did you buy your most recent car at least in part because you were drawn to the car's automated safety features (such as adaptive cruise control, parking assist, automatic braking, lane departure warnings, etc.)? If so, a reporter would like to hear your story. Please contact PR@edmunds.com by no later than Monday, April 20, 2015.
    Around view monitor was THE reason, and I would not even look at cars without blind spot etc. 
    but front collision alert is not working on rouge 2015. The other day I looked down and when I looked up there was a car breaking feet away and not even a single beep from the system! It's broken.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Check the manual, but it only works above a certain speed. This is so it won't contantly be going off in stop and go traffic.
    Was the car ahead "breaking" or braking?
    I think i heard something beeping briefly when I was driving 50 and the car in front was turning, and I deliberately did not brAke expecting the car to be gone when I get there. The beep was very brief and faint, and I cannot say if it was really maybe a lane departure warn.
    can I bump up the warning sound volumes?
    Noticed it activating a couple times. It's 3 short beeps, as opposed to 4 rapid pings of lane departure. So it works.