Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hood Glare - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Nissan
imageHood Glare - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

The hood of our 2015 Nissan Murano reflects the midday sun right into the driver's eyes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    Similar to the hood glare... why do some car companies make lighter color and/or shiny dashes? There is dash glare off the dash in the above picture.

It reflects light off the windshield and kills visibility. Dashes should be a dark matte color.
  • muranoaddictmuranoaddict Member Posts: 1
    After less than 2 months of owning my 2015 Murano Platinum I mentioned this problem to a Nissan Representative who was at the dealership where I purchased the car to 'view' the bubbly/orange peel pearl white paint job. He did say he had hear of the glare problem before but I'm not holding my breath waiting for Nissan to correct the problem--will take the vehicle to a body shop and will have this part of the hood painted with a matt finish of some sort for safety reasons.
    Another issue needs to be mentioned--the collision avoidance system seems to be poorly thought out. After driving thru my 1st whiteout last month I discovered that the "intelligent cruise" ceases to function in snow. This was not a major storm--less than 10 minutes of snow. After reading the owner's manual, I discovered this feature may not work in fog, rain, snow, dust or dirty situations. Essentially it works on a clear/sunny/warm day. Checked with a friend who bought a Volvo a couple of years ago with the same feature--seems it functioned perfectly during a major snow storm that occurred between Ottawa and Toronto. He has never had a problem with this feature ceasing to function due to weather conditions.
    This is my 5th Murano--every 2+ years since purchasing the 2003 SE I have looked at most of the competition before buying another Murano--the 2015 may just be the last. Has most of the latest 'safety' features and the new interior is very nice but over all the quality I have come to expect in a Japanese car is no longer there.