Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Sonata: Earns "A" and "B" Ratings From Edmunds

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Hyundai
imageEarns

This update to Edmunds' long-term 2015 Hyundai Sonata discusses the car's varied ratings and why different powertrains earn different scores.

Read the full story here

Comments

• prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    What is the true day-to-day shift quality of that 7 speed automated manual like? If it lurches and surges and generally annoys than it would negate any performance benefit of the Eco version in my book.
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    prndlol said:

What is the true day-to-day shift quality of that 7 speed automated manual like? If it lurches and surges and generally annoys than it would negate any performance benefit of the Eco version in my book.

I think the review's comments of "The automatic transmission gives crisp-yet-smooth shifts, with seamless low-speed operation in stop-and-go traffic and from stoplights." pretty well answers that question.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Yet Edmunds chose the 2.4 for this long-term test, and did so after seeing this drivetrain previously. We told you so. Selecting the Eco would have given us a good answer to prndlol's question.
  • noflash1noflash1 Member Posts: 13
    Consumer Reports says the 1.6 is jerky.