Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

johnnyjuicejohnnyjuice Member Posts: 24
edited April 2015 in Volkswagen
Hi there,

Whats the MF and Residual for the 2015 Tiguan SEL 4 Matic and SE wAppearance 4 Matic @ 36/7.5k?

Thanks!!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Hi there,

Whats the MF and Residual for the 2015 Tiguan SEL 4 Matic and SE wAppearance 4 Matic @ 36/7.5k?

Thanks!!

MF of .00015 for both

SE - 57%

SEL - 55%

$3250 lease cash for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sko2sko2 Member Posts: 4
    What about the MF and Residual for the 2015 Tiguan SEL 4Motion and SE w/Appearance 4Motion @ 48/12k in Virginia?
    sko2 said:

What about the MF and Residual for the 2015 Tiguan SEL 4Motion and SE w/Appearance 4Motion @ 48/12k in Virginia?

.00065 and 46% for SEL 48/12. $3250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    Hello once again,

2015 Tiguan SE/with Appearance. 3/yr 36k.

Need, MF, RV and any incentives. Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    apdspider said:

Hello once again,

2015 Tiguan SE/with Appearance. 3/yr 36k.

Need, MF, RV and any incentives. Thanks

.00015 MF and 55% residual. $3250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you.

They offered the following:

2015 Tiguan SE/Appearance

MSRP $32125

$0 at signing

$315/mo + 6%/mo tax = $333/mo

36/mo 12k/yr. - No Trades

My math says its a good deal. Your opinion?
    apdspider said:

Thank you.

They offered the following:

2015 Tiguan SE/Appearance

MSRP $32125

$0 at signing

$315/mo + 6%/mo tax = $333/mo

36/mo 12k/yr. - No Trades

My math says its a good deal. Your opinion?

Really good deal.. Tiguan leases are cheap. A couple of years ago, you couldn't have touched that car for under $400/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I love this forum. Thank you.
  • gunsmithxgunsmithx Member Posts: 4
    Did the lease numbers change in April? Looking for a SE/ w Appearance in Florida 36/12k
    gunsmithx said:

Did the lease numbers change in April? Looking for a SE/ w Appearance in Florida 36/12k

.00015 and 54%. $3500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mittencuhmittencuh Member Posts: 50
    Hey there, what's the residual on the S 4Motion? Thanks!
    mittencuh said:

Hey there, what's the residual on the S 4Motion? Thanks!

53% for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jrm1985jrm1985 Member Posts: 16
    just got quoted for a Tiguan S at 361 a month 1k down with a 55% residual, this is in Texas so I need to pay sales tax on the MSRP, however I'm part of the VW Purchase Program 500 Less than dealer, I think this is a terrible deal, am I crazy?
    jrm1985 said:

just got quoted for a Tiguan S at 361 a month 1k down with a 55% residual, this is in Texas so I need to pay sales tax on the MSRP, however I'm part of the VW Purchase Program 500 Less than dealer, I think this is a terrible deal, am I crazy?

Hard to say - we need to know the MSRP and selling price before we can comment.

Also, what lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hc2139hc2139 Member Posts: 8
    Hello- I just got quoted $219/month for a Tiguan S 4Motion. $2,000 out of pocket on a 36 month/12K year lease in NJ. Numbers are as follows:

MSRP: $29,835
    Selling price: $23,946
    Bank Fee: $625
    Taxes: $611.89
    DMV Fee: $299
    Doc Fee: $359
    Temp Fee: $22.50

Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance!
    hc2139 said:

Hello- I just got quoted $219/month for a Tiguan S 4Motion. $2,000 out of pocket on a 36 month/12K year lease in NJ. Numbers are as follows:

MSRP: $29,835
    Selling price: $23,946
    Bank Fee: $625
    Taxes: $611.89
    DMV Fee: $299
    Doc Fee: $359
    Temp Fee: $22.50

Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance!

.00015 and 55% for 36/12. I get $215/mo with your numbers, so pretty close to your dealer quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jbariljbaril Member Posts: 43
    Just leased a Tiguan S 4Motion w/heated seats/nozzles and Monster Mats; white gold/black, as follows:

$29,660.00 MSRP
    $24,113.25 price as sold (-$5546.75)
    $625 acq fee
    $499.50 doc fee
    $149.00 VW Care (covering year 2 and 3 of the lease)
    $25,386.75 gross capitalized cost
    due at signing - first month's $268.74 (somehow the title fee of $7.20 got rolled into this...?)

$268.74 x 36 months/10K per year. ($250.09 + $18.65 tax)

Metro Denver area. I did almost as well as hc2139 in NJ, above (he got more miles and slightly more equipment) but I used those numbers as my comparison.
    jbaril said:

Just leased a Tiguan S 4Motion w/heated seats/nozzles and Monster Mats; white gold/black, as follows:

$29,660.00 MSRP
    $24,113.25 price as sold (-$5546.75)
    $625 acq fee
    $499.50 doc fee
    $149.00 VW Care (covering year 2 and 3 of the lease)
    $25,386.75 gross capitalized cost
    due at signing - first month's $268.74 (somehow the title fee of $7.20 got rolled into this...?)

$268.74 x 36 months/10K per year. ($250.09 + $18.65 tax)

Metro Denver area. I did almost as well as hc2139 in NJ, above (he got more miles and slightly more equipment) but I used those numbers as my comparison.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• murrr77murrr77 Member Posts: 30
    Hi, any lease cash for S and SE? Also, 10k, 36mo money factor and residual for S and SE (does 2wd or 4wd matter?) How much is acquisition fee?

Thank you!
    murrr77 said:

Hi, any lease cash for S and SE? Also, 10k, 36mo money factor and residual for S and SE (does 2wd or 4wd matter?) How much is acquisition fee?

Thank you!

S: .00015 MF and 56% residual. $3750 lease cash
    SE: .00015 MF and 55% residual. $3500 lease cash.

AWD/FWD doesn't matter.

VW acquisition fee is $625

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! Just leased a 2015 Tiguan S w/cold weather (MSRP 27370) for $189/mo + tax, 36 mo/10k only first month payment due at signing.
    murrr77 said:

Thanks! Just leased a 2015 Tiguan S w/cold weather (MSRP 27370) for $189/mo + tax, 36 mo/10k only first month payment due at signing.

Wow, that is a great deal! AWD or FWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

murrr77 said:

Just fwd with cold weather package ($250). I used your incentive number, mf, residual and estimated price paid from a couple sites...they got me to $5 a month ($180 over the course of the lease) above that number so I said ok!
    murrr77 said:

Michaell said:

murrr77 said:

Just fwd with cold weather package ($250). I used your incentive number, mf, residual and estimated price paid from a couple sites...they got me to $5 a month ($180 over the course of the lease) above that number so I said ok!
    Still a great deal - enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• danimal1126danimal1126 Member Posts: 11
    wanting to get an opinion on a lease quote -- SE w/ Appearance FWD in Kansas City, MO
    MSRP 32360
    sale price 28833
    trade in equity 600
    acq fee 625
    36/10K
    was quoted $404 w/ no money down
    my math says $339 using 55% RV and MF .00015
    can the lease cash be used to discount the price more or does that go to the dealer?
    Thanks
    wanting to get an opinion on a lease quote -- SE w/ Appearance FWD in Kansas City, MO MSRP 32360 sale price 28833 trade in equity 600 acq fee 625 36/10K was quoted $404 w/ no money down my math says $339 using 55% RV and MF .00015 can the lease cash be used to discount the price more or does that go to the dealer? Thanks
    .00015 and 55% are the numbers. With your MSRP and sale price I get a pre-tax payment of $313.52. Dealer may be tacking on fees and/or marking up the MF. 

Ask for for the net cap cost and make them explain how they get there from the sale price. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• james_vjames_v Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I got a quote from the dealer, want to know if it is a good deal, thanks in advance.

2015 Tiguan S 4 Motion

$213 per month, $2500 out of the pocket due on the signing, 10k mile per year, no trade in

james_v said:

Hi, I got a quote from the dealer, want to know if it is a good deal, thanks in advance.

2015 Tiguan S 4 Motion

$213 per month, $2500 out of the pocket due on the signing, 10k mile per year, no trade in

We need MSRP, selling price, state and tax rate, and length of lease... to form any sort of educated opinion.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• james_vjames_v Member Posts: 5
    james_v said:

2015 Tiguan S 4 Motion

I am in NYC,36 month lease, 8.875% sales tax, $29,095 MSRP, dealer didnt give me the selling price
    james_v said:

james_v said:

2015 Tiguan S 4 Motion

I am in NYC,36 month lease, 8.875% sales tax, $29,095 MSRP, dealer didnt give me the selling price
    Looks cheap...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thenew3thenew3 Member Posts: 3
    Need some expert advice here. We just had a baby and we're looking to lease a tiguan for the wife. She doesn't need anything fancy. Just something to get her to and from work. She puts about 4k to 5k a year on her current car.

What is the lowest mileage lease VW offers? (we don't need 10k/12k/15k a year, 5k is enough).
    How much should we expect to pay for a base Tiguan S on a 3 year lease with $0 down? Do you think it's possible to get $200/month with $0 down on 5k miles a year?

We are located in Central CA, about an hour south of San Jose. We have a small VW dealer in town that just opened up a few months ago. But we are willing to travel to San Jose or San Francisco area to the bigger dealers if its more likely to get us the lowest price.

We have not leased before so this is new to us. What should we expect for money factor, residual etc.

Looking to go to the local dealer this Saturday to see what kind of deal we can get. Hope to get some good advice here so we go in prepared!
    Thanks in advance!
    thenew3 said:

Need some expert advice here. We just had a baby and we're looking to lease a tiguan for the wife. She doesn't need anything fancy. Just something to get her to and from work. She puts about 4k to 5k a year on her current car.

What is the lowest mileage lease VW offers? (we don't need 10k/12k/15k a year, 5k is enough).
    How much should we expect to pay for a base Tiguan S on a 3 year lease with $0 down? Do you think it's possible to get $200/month with $0 down on 5k miles a year?

We are located in Central CA, about an hour south of San Jose. We have a small VW dealer in town that just opened up a few months ago. But we are willing to travel to San Jose or San Francisco area to the bigger dealers if its more likely to get us the lowest price.

We have not leased before so this is new to us. What should we expect for money factor, residual etc.

Looking to go to the local dealer this Saturday to see what kind of deal we can get. Hope to get some good advice here so we go in prepared!
    Thanks in advance!

10K/yr is the lowest that VW goes.

Frankly, if she is only driving 4K-5K mi/year, then leasing is probably not for you.. Leasing affordability goes up, the closer you are to the standard mileage of 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

thenew3 said:

Thanks in advance!

10K/yr is the lowest that VW goes.

Frankly, if she is only driving 4K-5K mi/year, then leasing is probably not for you.. Leasing affordability goes up, the closer you are to the standard mileage of 15K/yr.
    Thanks for the input. The way we were thinking about it is this. If we can get a lease for about $200 /month with $0 down, then in 3 years we would've paid about $7200 + aquisition fees, ttl etc so roughly $8500 for 3 years. If we do that over a 10 year period we would've paid about $27k to $28k. Plus oil changes and brake fluid flushes etc. There would be no repair costs as all would be under warranty

If we bought a car that's about $25k. Over the 10 year period we would have to pay for maintenance in addition to simple oil and brake fluid. Such as at least one set of new tires, possibly brakes, plugs. And any repairs from years 3-10. Making the over all cost likely more than the 27k to 28k we estimate if we leased.

Plus with a new car every 3 years, we would have a less likely chance to have to visit a repair shop, thus saving us time.

We live in a small town so between the two of us, our annual mileage combined is about 12k miles between the two cars (she puts about 4-5k I do about 7-8k). We always use my car when we go out, thus the higher mileage on my car. She only uses her car to drive to/from work and drop off/pickup baby from day care on her way to work.

The question is, is it possible to get a tiguan at $200/month with $0 down?

Probably not..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Probably not..

Well after a weekend of contacting dealers, the best so far is $7k off MSRP, and $199/month with $1k drive off (TTL + 1st month payment).

• sebastian10sebastian10 Member Posts: 72
    thenew3 said:

kyfdx said:

Probably not..

Well after a weekend of contacting dealers, the best so far is $7k off MSRP, and $199/month with $1k drive off (TTL + 1st month payment).

Sounds good to me.
  • spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182
    thenew3 said:

Would you mind to share your negotiation strategy ? Did you start to negotiate on sale price first or lease monthly payment ?

• ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    If she only puts 4k miles a year, you won't need new tires, much repair costs in 10 years.
    Would you please post he MF and RV for 36/12K lease terms ? Not sure if numbers are nation wide but I am in Minnesota. Is there any lease cash incentive for this vehicle ?
    spidpooy said:

Would you please post he MF and RV for 36/12K lease terms ? Not sure if numbers are nation wide but I am in Minnesota. Is there any lease cash incentive for this vehicle ?

Which model Tiguan?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• marcopmarcop Member Posts: 2
    Hi kyfdx, any help would be appreciated. I am looking for RV, MF and any possible lease cash on a 2015 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion, 36/12, Chicago market. Thank you in advance!
    marcop said:

Hi kyfdx, any help would be appreciated. I am looking for RV, MF and any possible lease cash on a 2015 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion, 36/12, Chicago market. Thank you in advance!

.00001 and 53%. $3250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• marcopmarcop Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:

marcop said:

.00001 and 53%. $3250 lease cash.
    Thank you, Michael!
    kyfdx said:

spidpooy said:

Which model Tiguan?

Sorry, Looking for S and SE models. Also would appreciate if you can tell us about the lease cash.
    spidpooy said:

Sorry, Looking for S and SE models. Also would appreciate if you can tell us about the lease cash.

.00001 MF and 57% / $3000 lease cash (S) or 56% / $3500 lease cash (SE)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jrottenjrotten Member Posts: 18
    I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Tiguan (in Texas) and have a few "newbie" questions. I see several posts about lease cash--$3000 to 3500 based on model. However that does not show up as available under Edmunds Incentives section. Why not? Does it work the same as rebates/incentives/dealer cash?

Also, there appears to be a national lease offer on Tiguan S lease. $179 mo w/$2499 down for 36/12K. That seems like a good deal with no haggle. Could they restructure deal to be $0 down?

Also where does the lease cash come into play? Could I expect to get a similar deal on an SE or SEL? This would be my first lease. I have been reading all the many resources and article available. Any suggestions on approach are appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    jrotten said:

Also, there appears to be a national lease offer on Tiguan S lease. $179 mo w/$2499 down for 36/12K. That seems like a good deal with no haggle. Could they restructure deal to be $0 down?

I run the lease with $0 down payment and $249 per month. Of course all fees and taxes plus first month payment are due at the first day.
    jrotten said:

I'm looking at leasing a 2015 Tiguan (in Texas) and have a few "newbie" questions. I see several posts about lease cash--$3000 to 3500 based on model. However that does not show up as available under Edmunds Incentives section. Why not? Does it work the same as rebates/incentives/dealer cash?

Also where does the lease cash come into play? Could I expect to get a similar deal on an SE or SEL? This would be my first lease. I have been reading all the many resources and article available. Any suggestions on approach are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive - the dealer can choose to pass it along to the customer, in whole or in part. Yes, it does work the same as a customer rebate - it's used to reduce the selling price.

Yes, any advertised deal can be restructured. By going from $2499 down to $0 down your payment would increase by about $69/mo (2499 / 36), thus making your pre-tax payment $248/mo.

Not sure what you mean by "similar deal on SE or SEL" - if you negotiate your lowest selling price, then apply the lease cash, you should get a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I run the lease with $0 down payment and $249 per month. Of course all fees and taxes plus first month payment are due at the first day.

Thank you spidpooy!
    Michaell said:

jrotten said:

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive - the dealer can choose to pass it along to the customer, in whole or in part. Yes, it does work the same as a customer rebate - it's used to reduce the selling price.

Yes, any advertised deal can be restructured. By going from $2499 down to $0 down your payment would increase by about $69/mo (2499 / 36), thus making your pre-tax payment $248/mo.

Not sure what you mean by "similar deal on SE or SEL" - if you negotiate your lowest selling price, then apply the lease cash, you should get a pretty good deal.

Thank you Michaell very much, can you plesae confirm that for Texas 36/12K what the MF, residual and dealer cash is. Thank you again!