Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Re-Installing the Cargo Cover - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Jeep
imageRe-Installing the Cargo Cover - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

The cargo cover in our 2014 Jeep Cherokee test car works great, as long as it's not installed backwards.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Was about to comment that those fasteners look pretty bad but then I saw the picture with the cover properly installed and I'm thinking it looks even worse with that giant instruction sticker showing.
    This might also be the place to gripe about the size of the tail piece of the cover that doesn't retract. I understand that it's there to accommodate the shape of the tailgate and sloping D pillar but this is not an elegant solution. Jeep is not alone here. Other cars are similar including my 05 Legacy GT Wagon. But the length of this one is pretty ridiculous. It looks like it might even be longer that portion that retracts.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    It's amazing how the quality varies in these cargo covers. Some are so flimsy dealers should pay you to take them (scion) while others are pretty well made Lexus. By the way, when is the edmunds.com hoodie giveaway?
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    I second the hoodie giveaway.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Geeze, next y'all will be wanting a chair....

There's probably one waiting at the end of the rainbow.

• Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Good accessory troubleshooting, Kelly! :)
  • Options
    sviseksvisek Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    Kelly, if you look at the "giant instruction sticker" you will discover there is one more step that will deal with lagacygt's "gripe about the size of the tail piece of the cover that doesn't retract." From the position shown in the final pic you posted, pull out the cover slightly and then loop it over the cargo cover bar and down between the bar and the seatbacks. It tucks out of the way quite nicely. I can send a pic if needed; I couldn't figure out how to post one.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Pretty good catch on the upside-down cover.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    stever said:

Geeze, next y'all will be wanting a chair....

There's probably one waiting at the end of the rainbow.

Why yes, one of those would be nice too. We like free stuff!

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Whoever installed the cover most likely installs the toilet paper so it comes under rather than over. Clueless.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dog owners put it over. Cat owners put it under. If you had a cat, you'd understand why. :)
  • Options
    sviseksvisek Member Posts: 35
    Following up on my previous post, here are pics of the cover installed both correctly and with the looped back and tucked out of the way. From the position in the original post with the tail piece hanging down, pull out the cover slightly and then loop it over the cargo cover bar and down between the bar and the seat backs.
    Thank you to stever for directing me to the Forum side so I can actually include pics.