Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• skyline411skyline411 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, would appreciate any suggestion whether this is a good deal.

2015 RDX FWD w/tech, From So. Cal.
    MSRP $39,715, sales price $34,707
    $0 due at signing, 12,000 miles/year, the payment is $431.61/month, including tax.
    Residual value /buyout price is $23,034.70
    net cap cost is $36,202 (includes the driveoffs and $595 acquisition fee).

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Hi, would appreciate any suggestion whether this is a good deal.

2015 RDX FWD w/tech, From So. Cal.
    MSRP $39,715, sales price $34,707
    $0 due at signing, 12,000 miles/year, the payment is $431.61/month, including tax.
    Residual value /buyout price is $23,034.70
    net cap cost is $36,202 (includes the driveoffs and $595 acquisition fee).

Thanks

At .00051 MF and 58% residual, I get a payment of $396/mo.+tax.

So.. looks pretty close. If you are happy with the selling price, then it looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rkom1rkom1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - quick question:

I like the current lease deal on the 2015 RDX, but my current lease (non-Acura) doesn't expire for 3 more months. My dealer is trying to convince me that all the 2015 RDXs will be gone in a month along with the lease deal, so we should buy now and make double-payments for a couple months. I can't see how that makes sense financially -- but I was curious for your thoughts on how long the 2015 RDXs will be around now that the 2016 is coming out, and whether you think the current lease deal will go up in June / July?

Thank you!
    rkom1 said:

Hi - quick question:

I like the current lease deal on the 2015 RDX, but my current lease (non-Acura) doesn't expire for 3 more months. My dealer is trying to convince me that all the 2015 RDXs will be gone in a month along with the lease deal, so we should buy now and make double-payments for a couple months. I can't see how that makes sense financially -- but I was curious for your thoughts on how long the 2015 RDXs will be around now that the 2016 is coming out, and whether you think the current lease deal will go up in June / July?

Thank you!

Sorry..no crystal ball, here.

I agree with you... no point in wasting a couple thousand to save a couple thousand.. I'd take my chances.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• danielclpdanielclp Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Current deal

2015 Acura RDX FWD w/Technology package

MSRP $39,715
    AUP $35,862
    Doc Fee: 180
    Tags & Title: 131
    Acq Fee: 595.00
    Nitro: $ 0
    OTD: 36,786
    $0 due at signing - only 1st payment due
    36 mo, 12K
    Cap Cost  $.01
    RV: $23,034.70

Texas Taxes: WAIVED/CREDITED

$412.00 mo (incl tax)

What do you think? Thanks!

danielclp said:

Current deal

2015 Acura RDX FWD w/Technology package

MSRP $39,715
    AUP $35,862
    Doc Fee: 180
    Tags & Title: 131
    Acq Fee: 595.00
    Nitro: $ 0
    OTD: 36,786
    $0 due at signing - only 1st payment due
    36 mo, 12K
    Cap Cost  $.01
    RV: $23,034.70

Texas Taxes: WAIVED/CREDITED

$412.00 mo (incl tax)

What do you think? Thanks!

Calculations match... sales tax credit in Texas is a huge bonus.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• solepolesolepole Member Posts: 15
    Just leased a 2015 RDX AWD (NO tech)
    36 months
    12K miles
    MSRP $37,415

$1,000 total due at signing (includes $595 acquisition fee, doc fee, reg fee and $172.59 cap cost reduction (aka down payment))

$329.09 month + 6.25% MA tax = $349.66

Looks like I got a pretty aggressive deal compared to what I am seeing posted here. And no, I do not have military credit or college grad credit.

Hope this helps
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    solepole said:

Just leased a 2015 RDX AWD (NO tech)
    36 months
    12K miles
    MSRP $37,415

$1,000 total due at signing (includes $595 acquisition fee, doc fee, reg fee and $172.59 cap cost reduction (aka down payment))

$329.09 month + 6.25% MA tax = $349.66

Looks like I got a pretty aggressive deal compared to what I am seeing posted here. And no, I do not have military credit or college grad credit.

Hope this helps

Excellent deal! Enjoy your new RDX.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kit185kit185 Member Posts: 3
    Solepole, would you be willing to share the dealer's name where you negotiated your deal? I'm new to leasing and would very much appreciate any/all the numbers that I should bring in with me. Thanks!
  • mpinkstonmpinkston Member Posts: 28
    Do you have the May MF and residual for a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech, 36 or 39 month, 12k
    edited May 2015
    mpinkston said:

Do you have the May MF and residual for a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech, 36 or 39 month, 12k

57% or 55%.

No MF for 2015 RDX, which leads me to believe the standard MF is being used (.00160 or so).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jigar293jigar293 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    I am in MA. One of my friend got this deal on RDX AWD w/Tech. He also added Remote start worth $530. i am also interested in RDX. please confirm if it's a good deal or i can negotiate:

Gross Cap cost: 39003
    Residual Value: 22613

Down payment: $2000 (includes)
    Cap cost reduction: 930
    sales tax: 59
    1ST month payment:482
    Tital fee: 530

He is paying monthly ($482- including tax.) He leased it for 36 months/15K miles. In Mass, tax is 6.25%.
    jigar293 said:

Hi there,
    I am in MA. One of my friend got this deal on RDX AWD w/Tech. He also added Remote start worth $530. i am also interested in RDX. please confirm if it's a good deal or i can negotiate:

Gross Cap cost: 39003
    Residual Value: 22613

Down payment: $2000 (includes)
    Cap cost reduction: 930
    sales tax: 59
    1ST month payment:482
    Tital fee: 530

He is paying monthly ($482- including tax.) He leased it for 36 months/15K miles. In Mass, tax is 6.25%.

You left out the MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jigar293jigar293 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry. MSRP is $41,115.

Thank you.
    jigar293 said:

Sorry. MSRP is $41,115.

Thank you.

With the CAP reduction, I get $447/mo.+tax.. so, pretty close.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174

Thanks for the clarification! You're right, I was assuming I was paying interest on the depreciation only. I know a lot of people lease but I wonder if people were told they would be paying 30% interest if they would still consider it. A tight wad like me would wait a little longer to save up more money and buy it out right. We plan on buying the car if it's as reliable as our past Honda products and would have saved some money just buying it now. Of course, we would need to come up with $17,000 down to get to $399/month, so I see the benefit of leasing just shocking at first. Live and learn.

• toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Bingo!! Why would you put 17K down on a product that depreciates when you take it off the lot. I ONLY lease, never buy.
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Does anyone have the current rates for the '15 RDX base for 12k mi 36 mo?
    kapkanimd said:

Does anyone have the current rates for the '15 RDX base for 12k mi 36 mo?

.00040 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    did numbers get any better for July? they took the previous offer off of the website. looking at base for 36mo 12k mi. Thanks yet again
    kapkanimd said:

did numbers get any better for July? they took the previous offer off of the website. looking at base for 36mo 12k mi. Thanks yet again

.00021 MF and 59% residual. $1000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• champs9900champs9900 Member Posts: 34
    May I have the numbers (MF and RV) for a 2015 RDX AWD with tech in NJ for 24/12 and 36/12?  Any lease cash or incentives?  Thanks. 

May I have the numbers (MF and RV) for a 2015 RDX AWD with tech in NJ for 24/12 and 36/12?  Any lease cash or incentives?  Thanks. 

.00021 and $1500 lease cash.

63% (24/12) or 56% (36/12)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eyemd2010eyemd2010 Member Posts: 28
    Hi all,

Looking for a 2016 RDX with Acurawatch lease in SoCal. 12k/36mo lease. What is the MF and the Residual on this model? Thanks!!!

Hi all,

Looking for a 2016 RDX with Acurawatch lease in SoCal. 12k/36mo lease. What is the MF and the Residual on this model? Thanks!!!

.00112 and 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bags323bags323 Member Posts: 7
    Anyone have the numbers (MF and Residual) for a 2015 FWD RDX w/Technology 36/10 lease?
    Thank you.
    bags323 said:

Anyone have the numbers (MF and Residual) for a 2015 FWD RDX w/Technology 36/10 lease?
    Thank you.

57% and .00021. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited July 2015
    Michaell,

Thank you for the prompt response. How does the lease cash work? Does it come off of the capitalized cost? Does a dealer have to offer it to you? Or can they somehow pocket it? Is it available in all states? I'm in TX. The reason why I ask is because I saw that $1500 lease cash on a previous post and called into an Acura dealer and asked about it. I talked to the finance guy and he said he was unaware of any such offer.

One other question; do you include destination into the MSRP for determining the residual value?

Thank you,
    Binu Agrawal
    bags323 said:

Michaell,

Thank you for the prompt response. How does the lease cash work? Does it come off of the capitalized cost? Does a dealer have to offer it to you? Or can they somehow pocket it? Is it available in all states? I'm in TX. The reason why I ask is because I saw that $1500 lease cash on a previous post and called into an Acura dealer and asked about it. I talked to the finance guy and he said he was unaware of any such offer.

One other question; do you include destination into the MSRP for determining the residual value?

Thank you,
    Binu Agrawal

The lease cash is a dealer incentive.. Use your knowledge of it to negotiate an aggressive price.

Yes, residual percentage is applied to the full factory MSRP, including destination. The bottom line on the official government window sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cardude69cardude69 Member Posts: 19
    Hi pls can I get monthly  payment residual and mf for 2015 rdx awd tech package.   Msrp 41090 sales price 33874. taxes n tags paid separately. 36 month 15k.

Thanks 
    cardude69 said:

Hi pls can I get monthly  payment residual and mf for 2015 rdx awd tech package.   Msrp 41090 sales price 33874. taxes n tags paid separately. 36 month 15k.

Thanks 

.00021 MF and 54% residual. $1500 lease cash.

$337/mo. if the CAP cost is the same as the sales price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thanks 
    .00021 MF and 54% residual. $1500 lease cash. $337/mo. if the CAP cost is the same as the sales price.

edited July 2015
    Hi the dealer is saying these numbers are not accurate?  How can I verify rv and mf.  Also is the 1750 lease cash applied to the cap cost therfor reducing sales price? Abd did you include lease cash in your calculation?

Greatly appreciate it. ..

:) 
    cardude69 said:

Hi the dealer is saying these numbers are not accurate?  How can I verify rv and mf.  Also is the 1750 lease cash applied to the cap cost therfor reducing sales price? Abd did you include lease cash in your calculation?

Greatly appreciate it. ..

:) 

Dealer cannot modify the residual, so I'd ask him what lease term and miles per year he's quoting.

Lease cash can be used to reduce the cap cost, or to cover the up front costs of the lease (bank fee, dealer fee, etc.).

We assumed the lease cash was in the selling price you gave us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• truman_rtruman_r Member Posts: 28
    I also get ~$337/month plus tax using the Leasify iPhone app. If I plug in the $1,500 dealer cash and indicate that it further reduces your selling price (applied as cap cost reduction) down to $32,374 then I get $294/month plus tax.

Shoot me a note with your zip and more information about the fees (registration/license, documentation, and bank/acquisition fee) for a more accurate Leasify Deal Score and recommendations. I use the zip code to see what other people in your zip code paid for the same car.

While negotiating price I never was aware of lease cash. So when we got to a price I mentioned I want to lease and wanted to apply lease cash. They gave me push back saying the lowest price is already there. Can I still push on lease cash? I don't see lease cash on Acura Web site. Is this an Acura incentive.

I'm pushing to remove fees. Is that realistic of me to get rid of them? They have 3 destination acquisition and processing.  Seems like nonsense to me.
    cardude69 said:

While negotiating price I never was aware of lease cash. So when we got to a price I mentioned I want to lease and wanted to apply lease cash. They gave me push back saying the lowest price is already there. Can I still push on lease cash? I don't see lease cash on Acura Web site. Is this an Acura incentive.

I'm pushing to remove fees. Is that realistic of me to get rid of them? They have 3 destination acquisition and processing.  Seems like nonsense to me.

Lease cash is factory to dealer, so you won't see it anywhere. Dealer can choose to pass it along to you, in whole or in part. It's possible their 'best price' already includes the lease cash. Only way to know is to walk and see if they chase you. Can also contact another dealer and see how low they'll go on price.

Acquisition fee is set by the bank; nothing you can do about it. Destination fee is there from the manufacturer; also nothing you can do. Processing fee is set by the dealer - they will tell you 'they have to charge it to everyone', but you can try to mitigate that cost by negotiating a lower selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• htxdriverhtxdriver Member Posts: 10
    Just wanted to share my experience with dealer I had this weekend-

Was looking at 2015 base - ~36k msrp.
    36 mo 15k miles
    Got bargained down to 400/mo 0 down

Also looked at 2015 tech package - ~39 msrp
    36 mo 15k miles
    Got price down to 430/mo 0 down

Thought about it over the weekend and now I want the 2016 tech package.

But just so I can compare- what is the numbers for 2015 tech package 36 mo 15k miles 0 down in TX?

htxdriver said:

Just wanted to share my experience with dealer I had this weekend-

Was looking at 2015 base - ~36k msrp.
    36 mo 15k miles
    Got bargained down to 400/mo 0 down

Also looked at 2015 tech package - ~39 msrp
    36 mo 15k miles
    Got price down to 430/mo 0 down

Thought about it over the weekend and now I want the 2016 tech package.

But just so I can compare- what is the numbers for 2015 tech package 36 mo 15k miles 0 down in TX?

54% and .00021. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm working on a 36/10 2015 RDX FWD w/Tech lease. I have one of the dealers telling me that the tax, title, license, and fees have to be included into the cap costs to determine payments. Is this true? What if I pay the tax, title, and license upfront? Do those numbers still get included into the cap costs to determine monthly payments? Also, does the acquisition fee get included into the taxable amount? I live in Texas so we have to pay full tax on the vehicle.

Thank you,
    Binu Agrawal
    bags323 said:

I'm working on a 36/10 2015 RDX FWD w/Tech lease. I have one of the dealers telling me that the tax, title, license, and fees have to be included into the cap costs to determine payments. Is this true? What if I pay the tax, title, and license upfront? Do those numbers still get included into the cap costs to determine monthly payments? Also, does the acquisition fee get included into the taxable amount? I live in Texas so we have to pay full tax on the vehicle.

Thank you,
    Binu Agrawal

You can certainly pay tax, title and license upfront. If so, then those amounts would not be in the monthly payment. The acquisition fee is taxable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

First of all, I want to thank everyone on this discussion group. This is a great resource and is helping me tremendously. I also want to thank those that respond for their quick and detailed response. Now on to my question. I think I may have found a good deal on a 2015 RDX, but I don't fully understand the numbers just yet. Will someone please help? It will likely require a reverse calculation. I am shopping a 2015 RDX w/Tech (FWD). The MSRP is $39,715. This is for a 36/10 lease so the residual should be 57% and the money factor is .00021. I live in Texas so I have to full taxes on the vehicle. The tax rate is 6.25%. I am being told that the TT&L (and any other fees) is $2518 and then 36 payments of $320. I will be paying the 2518+320 at the time of signing, plus 35 subsequent payments of $320/monthly. What is the sale price (and/or capitalized cost) on this deal? I'm guessing there is also a $595 acquisition fee thrown into the mix here.

Another question I have is the following. On the Acura website, there are two lease deals for the RDX. The first says put $2999 down and then pay $339/month for 36 months (excluding ttl and dealer fees). The others says no money down and pay $420 for 35 months (excluding ttl and dealer fees). The first option totals $15203 and the second totals $14700. Why is there a difference? Would I get a slightly better deal if I put nothing down and pay the balance over 35 months?

Thank you. I am excited about acquiring a new RDX!!!!
    bags323 said:

First of all, I want to thank everyone on this discussion group. This is a great resource and is helping me tremendously. I also want to thank those that respond for their quick and detailed response. Now on to my question. I think I may have found a good deal on a 2015 RDX, but I don't fully understand the numbers just yet. Will someone please help? It will likely require a reverse calculation. I am shopping a 2015 RDX w/Tech (FWD). The MSRP is $39,715. This is for a 36/10 lease so the residual should be 57% and the money factor is .00021. I live in Texas so I have to full taxes on the vehicle. The tax rate is 6.25%. I am being told that the TT&L (and any other fees) is $2518 and then 36 payments of $320. I will be paying the 2518+320 at the time of signing, plus 35 subsequent payments of $320/monthly. What is the sale price (and/or capitalized cost) on this deal? I'm guessing there is also a $595 acquisition fee thrown into the mix here.

Another question I have is the following. On the Acura website, there are two lease deals for the RDX. The first says put $2999 down and then pay $339/month for 36 months (excluding ttl and dealer fees). The others says no money down and pay $420 for 35 months (excluding ttl and dealer fees). The first option totals $15203 and the second totals $14700. Why is there a difference? Would I get a slightly better deal if I put nothing down and pay the balance over 35 months?

Thank you. I am excited about acquiring a new RDX!!!!

I don't really know what's in the ad, but if the $2999 includes the first payment, then the two deals are within $100 of each other..

Assuming the $2518 covers all taxes, charges and fees.. and, nothing else, then the CAP cost to get to $320/mo. is $33,730

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

bags323 said:

Thank you.

I'm not sure who to believe but I just signed a 36/10 lease for a 2015 FWD RDX w/Tech. While the money factor was stated correctly, the residual on my vehicle is 60%, and not 57% as stated by Michaell. I don't know if residuals vary from state to state, but it was higher than stated here a week ago. It almost cost me some money as the dealer thought I was thinking 57%. Luckily at the time of contract I asked the finance guy and he told me the residual of 60%. I was able to get the correct price and ended up getting lower payments than I had originally agreed to. Basically the dealer was trying to charge me more on the sale price because the payments fit into what I thought they should be. Read the contract thoroughly before signing and ask the rates they are using. If a dealer can screw you, he will.

• htxdriverhtxdriver Member Posts: 10
    Bags,

What was your final deal? I just private messaged you.

I am in TX and looking for same type of deal.

bags323 said:

Michaell said:

bags323 said:

Thank you.

I'm not sure who to believe but I just signed a 36/10 lease for a 2015 FWD RDX w/Tech. While the money factor was stated correctly, the residual on my vehicle is 60%, and not 57% as stated by Michaell. I don't know if residuals vary from state to state, but it was higher than stated here a week ago. It almost cost me some money as the dealer thought I was thinking 57%. Luckily at the time of contract I asked the finance guy and he told me the residual of 60%. I was able to get the correct price and ended up getting lower payments than I had originally agreed to. Basically the dealer was trying to charge me more on the sale price because the payments fit into what I thought they should be. Read the contract thoroughly before signing and ask the rates they are using. If a dealer can screw you, he will.

I'm happy you got a better deal, but looking at the residual chart from Acura, the base RDX is 60%, the Tech is 57% for 36mo, 10K/yr..

Here is hoping that deal doesn't get kicked back.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm not sure what happened then. I definitely got a 2015 FWD RDX w/Tech, and is written as such on the contract. What happens if it gets kicked back? The dealer would have to deal with it, not the consumer, right? They claim to be the second largest volume dealer in the nation. Maybe they get better deals because they move more cars?

Is there a disposition or turn-in fee associated with Acura leases? I just read on my contract they tacked on a $350 charge for that. Is that per dealer or set by Acura financial?
    bags323 said:
    I'm not sure what happened then. I definitely got a 2015 FWD RDX w/Tech, and is written as such on the contract. What happens if it gets kicked back? The dealer would have to deal with it, not the consumer, right? They claim to be the second largest volume dealer in the nation. Maybe they get better deals because they move more cars? Is there a disposition or turn-in fee associated with Acura leases? I just read on my contract they tacked on a $350 charge for that. Is that per dealer or set by Acura financial?
    If it gets kicked back you have to start over with a new contract that has the correct numbers. Meaning your payment will go up. 

The disposition fee is set by the bank - nothing you can do about it. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

A really warm sincere thank you for the great knowledge you all have shared. My final purchase parameters are below. Awd with tech 36 m 15 k
    Msrp 4115
    Sales price 36111
    Cap cost 37681 I rolled tax and tite in.

cardude69 said:

A really warm sincere thank you for the great knowledge you all have shared. My final purchase parameters are below. Awd with tech 36 m 15 k
    Msrp 4115
    Sales price 36111
    Cap cost 37681 I rolled tax and tite in.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Acura. Hope you come back to report on your ownership experience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator