Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694
    fintail said:

2.96 (cash price) for Chevron PUG today

As a side note, have you ever done any cylinder head work to accommodate unleaded in the fintail? I would think hardened valve seats would be required...
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    Nope, old MBs can take unleaded without any work needed. A nice detail, they were thinking ahead or got lucky or something.
    slorenzen said:

As a side note, have you ever done any cylinder head work to accommodate unleaded in the fintail? I would think hardened valve seats would be required...

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Filled up today - cheapest I could find was $2.10 for regular. Cheapest diesel spotted was $2.63.

Most regular was $2.22 or $2.25 though.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    As usual the prices in CA are all over the map. The spot I am at on I5 has a low of $3.28 for diesel. And RUG is $3.63. 40 miles South on the 5 Diesel is $2.64 and RUG $2.99 at Shell. The ARCO next door sells diesel even cheaper. But they only have truck nozzles.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Still at $2.53 for RUG, $3.09 for diesel
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    PF_Flyer said:

Still at $2.53 for RUG, $3.09 for diesel

Prices have crept up a few cents at the local Kroger ... now $2.219 for RUG.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,705
    $2.26 for RUG at the nearby Quick Trip, but surprisingly cheaper ($2.10) at several stations between DFW and Austin.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    In central CT...
    Decided to splurge on some PUG for the Fusion. $2.859. RUG was 2.399.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Spent the night about 40 miles North of my go to diesel stop in Coalinga CA. When I went to bed it was $2.64 per gallon. When we got there this morning it jumped to $2.79. The other stations where we spent the night were $3.28 for diesel and $3.65 for RUG.
    I was pleasantly surprised this morning when my local Shell had diesel for $2.76 on credit. Not sure why most of the state is higher than San Diego. That station has RUG for $2.98 well below the average in my area of $3.25.
    Paid $3.02 cash for Chevron PUG today
    Jumped 12 cents to $2.65 a couple of days ago.

Are we having fun yet?
    Up a dime here too to $2.22.
    stever said:
    Up a dime here too to $2.22.
    About the same increase in CO - RUG is now $2.299 at Kroger

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Must be getting expensive storing that big glut of gasoline out there. :p
    stever said:

Must be getting expensive storing that big glut of gasoline out there. :p

Yep, just cut out ONE trip. We all do that, and the plumbing start to back up B)
    I think the low gas prices are designed to stimulate the Domestic auto industry. They are selling trucks and big SUVs like gangbusters. EVs and hybrids are all but dead. The Chevy Volt was down 56% in March and 48% for the year. Leaf and other EVs along with them. Cheap gas and people chose comfort over MPG.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2015/04/20/electric-vehicles-lose-buzz/26050135/
    :@ We bumped up another dime to $2.75
    The cheap gas place in the middle of the Main Street construction bumped to $2.42, higher than most other stations. They didn't look open either - maybe putting the high price on the sign was their equivalent of a closed sign.

But the way prices are going, that's going to be a good price in a couple of weeks. :'(

$2.22 was still available at one station yesterday, but the cheap Circle K I've used occasionally is up to $2.33.
    Not sure if this was a typo or if I should be genuinely worried ... the sign at the local Kroger showed RUG at $3.339; midgrade was marked at $2.459.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

RUG is Up and diesel holding. Costco RUG $3.09
    Several stations selling diesel at $2.79
    Filled my PU just in time first of the week at $2.91.
    gagrice said:

RUG is Up and diesel holding. Costco RUG $3.09
    Several stations selling diesel at $2.79
    Filled my PU just in time first of the week at $2.91.

RUG is going for $2.319 at the local Kroger. Got a gallon yesterday for my lawn mower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Off 2 cents to $2.73
    Chevron PUG today 3.06 cash price. Slow upward trend, not as sharp as the useless media seems to imply.
    One station has dropped to $2.70,but the rest are at $2.73 in the area. $3.09 for diesel
    Filled up go out of town for a night. $2.27 for regular at the "cheap" station. Diesel is $2.75 along the Interstate.
    edited April 2015
    In central CT...
    Filled up with RUG for $2.759, up 42 cents in the last 3 weeks.
    Good news is, I got my best mileage since I bought the Escape, 24.5 mpg.
    Overall mileage is 22.6 since I bought it in January.
    edited May 2015
    Boy did I get sooooooo lucky yesterday. Drove past the station in the morning and it was $2.73. Wife get home and tells me she's gonna take MY car today because she forgot to fill up on the way home. So, being the ideal spouse, I offer to run out and fill up her car since I need to run an errand.Of course, up to $2.75 :o

This morning, I run by the same station and it's back to $2.73

"Saw me coming" comes to mind!
    Paid 3.16 and 3.22 for PUG today, different stations, one a Shell that used to be a Chevron and I didn't catch on until I was out of the car, the other a Chevron.
    Bumped a dime to $2.85 this morning...sigh
    We're up to $2.439 for RUG at Kroger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Skittish... another day, another price... down 2 to $2.83
    Cheapest RUG spotted running errands this morning was $2.37. Most regular is $2.46 (or worse). Cheapest diesel is $2.63.
    In central CT...
    Mid April I filled up with PUG for $2.759. Today, $3.279.
    Was in Deming again this morning (more houseguests getting the tour) and filled for $2.33. Stations closer to the Interstate exits were getting $2.79.
    Man RUG is going crazy here in San Diego. Filled up my PU on 4/20 @ $2.91 per gallon. Filled this morning and the price is $3.77. Same Costco store showed $3.57 last night on gas buddy.
    Diesel has slipped back a few cents to $2.95 a gallon.
    USA Gas is $3.89 and 7/11 is $3.99. All the stations in my neighborhood are $4.05 and above for RUG.
    We're up to $2.54 to $2.59 most places for RUG. Diesel was $2.63 at the $2.54 station where I filled yesterday.

May have missed my chance to score a cheap Prius. :D

What was most notable about yesterday's fill is that it came in around $48. Won't be long before the $50 fill-ups return.
    Must be boat shopping time
    Ping pong time... about a week age dad gone up to $2.85, down to $2.83, back to $2.85, down to $2.79 yesterday into this morning,and at 2PM up to $2.89

Some form of economics I am unfamiliar with
    Local Kroger is stuck at $2.499 for RUG the past week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Costco has been $2.39 for better than a week - closer to two.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    The cheap place is bouncing around in the low $2.40s. Most spots are $2.59 or a nickel higher.
    "The cheap place is bouncing around in the low $2.40s. Most spots are $2.59 or a nickel higher. "

Let me help you to feel better: Just drove to Sonora, Ca. from my house in Cottage Grove Oregon, where we are paying 2.97 for RUG

Stopped to top it up in Ashland, just inside the Oregon border before hitting Cal. Paid 3.05 cash discount.

Stopped in Lodi to fill up, 3.49 for RUG.

You people have it EASY...

:@
    Oh, and my son drove into Yosemite valley with his wife, and didn't plan his range very well.

Paid 4.50 for RUG.

ouch...

I think I paid ~$3.20 for Chevron PUG yesterday
    Tell me again why hybrid sales are in the dumpster? :p
    slorenzen said:

Oh, and my son drove into Yosemite valley with his wife, and didn't plan his range very well.

Paid 4.50 for RUG.

ouch...

Costco here has gone all over the map in the last 7 days. From a low of $3.57 to a high of $3.79
    Diesel has not moved. I expect to pay under $3 per gallon when time comes to fill up.
    stever said:

Tell me again why hybrid sales are in the dumpster? :p

They are lousy in head-on collisions with PU trucks???

http://www.10news.com/news/2-people-killed-4-injured-in-wrong-way-crash-on-the-nb-sr-163
    Oregon is at it again with Tax by Mile. Not sure who would volunteer if their vehicle gets over 15 MPG? Oregon charges about 31 cents gas tax. You still pay the Feds 18.4 cents per gallon. They should get plenty of volunteers with big ole trucks.

Starting July 1, up to 5,000 volunteers in Oregon can sign up to drive with devices that collect data on how much they have driven and where. The volunteers will agree to pay 1.5 cents for each mile traveled on public roads within Oregon, instead of the tax now added when filling up at the pump.

Some electric and hybrid car owners, however, say the new tax would be unfair to them and would discourage purchasing of green vehicles.

"This program targets hybrid and electric vehicles, so it's discriminatory," said Patrick Connor, a Beaverton resident who has been driving an electric car since 2007.

State officials say it is only fair for owners of green vehicles to be charged for maintaining roads, just as owners of gasoline-powered vehicles do.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oregon-test-pay-mile-idea-replacement-gas-tax-31167037
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,705
    I've always considered these 'tax by the mile' plans as just stupid, no better word for them. We have in place a tax system (per gallon) that directly does everything one could want: Simple, efficient, difficult to cheat, directly taxes the users, encourages purchase of efficient (thereby low CO2 emitting) vehicles, and it minimizes government intrusion. Better on EVERY count!