Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Driver, they sell down here for $2000 under invoice.  There is a bunch of trunk money available - $2500.  You should pay no more than $2000 under invoice.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    abacomike said:

abacomike said:

Michaell said:

Mike, they came out great on my laptop and that is a beautiful car.

I also like the palm trees in the background.

Michael, can you delete that small picture at the bottom of the post that shows my plate number. I tried to delete it, but it won't delete.
    Forget it Michael, I deleted it myself. I didn't realize it until I posted it and then I got nervous about it showing my plate number. Thanks anyway.
    I can never figure out why people worry about that. I mean, you drive around in public with your plate.

Anyway, great looking car!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozen said:
    Mike, they came out great on my laptop and that is a beautiful car. I also like the palm trees in the background.
    Michael, can you delete that small picture at the bottom of the post that shows my plate number. I tried to delete it, but it won't delete.
    Forget it Michael, I deleted it myself. I didn't realize it until I posted it and then I got nervous about it showing my plate number. Thanks anyway.
    I can never figure out why people worry about that. I mean, you drive around in public with your plate. Anyway, great looking car!
    Thanks! 

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    Can you name this car?

I'm watching the Barrett-Jackson auction in Palm Springs and this beauty was on the block. Never heard of it but it's so beautiful that I didn't catch what it sold for.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    OF, it looks like a cross of a Buick Roadmaster Convertible and a Studebaker President.  I wonder if this was one of the Studebaker/Packards last built in the 1950's.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    I that yellow car is a Darrin - just looked it up - yup Kaiser Darrin.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    OF, after further inspection, my opinion is that it is Italian in design.  The front end looks Italian with that tiny grille.  I just can't place the manufacturer.  Fiat?  Fiat Dino?

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    I that yellow car is a Darrin - just looked it up - yup Kaiser Darrin.
    Just found it myself - Kaiser Darrin, 1954.  American made.  Found it online.  It won the best in show - saw the plaque in the picture above - d'elegance winner.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    The Barrett-Jackson Auction is taking place right now about 45 miles north of where I live in Palm Beach.  Will be on Velocity Channel this afternoon and evening - live.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    mako1amako1a Member Posts: 1,855
    That yellow car had unique doors that slide forward behind the fender rather than swing open. I saw one as a kid in 1960 or so and was impressed as well. They are rare and go for big bucks.
    This is the one that made me turn up the volume> http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-CHEVROLET-CAMARO-Z/28-183884

2013 Mustang GT, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• Options
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

abacomike said:

That orangie-cantelopie-pumpkinie Orange I saw on the BMW 435 yesterday in the mall is a "special order" color per the MSRP sticker on the car.  

As for upsetting Mike, Farmer, nothing YOU could do or say would upset me because you are not a self-absorbed, insincere kind of guy.  You are the "real" thing - unassuming and honest.  So have a go at me (or two) - and get off your duff and buy that Mustang you yearn for!

Good grief, I actually posted a picture - even I'm amazed! I took a picture of the "orangie" BMW 435 on display in the Boca Town Center Mall. This is the pumpkinie, orangie, cantelopie OPTIONAL:SPECIAL ORDER color I was talking about in my original post.

What do you guys think of the color?
    Yuck!

I see many white BMWs around here and even though I not a white car guy I think they look sharp.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348 said:

I need the group to cheer me up. Just did my income taxes. Govts of Canada and Nova Scotia get a total of nearly $56,000 from me, by far the most I ever paid and likely the most I will ever pay in the future. I know that tells me I had a very good year but still and all it stinks.

Sorry, I would love to make enough to have a $56k tax bill. Just think of all the poor folks whose lifestyle you are improving with your high taxes......

......nah, doesn't help me either. :'(

• Options
    edited April 2015
    OF, I have to agree with you and many of the posters here.  If you saw it "live" at the shopping mall (like I do every day when I take my Dad walking) it would look even worse.  The picture actually adds dimension to the color - but up close, it's a stomach ache in the making!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

abacomike said:

Michaell said:

Mike, they came out great on my laptop and that is a beautiful car.

I also like the palm trees in the background.

Why? Are you wanted by someone?

I posted my plate in pictures on a Craigslist ad recently and so far no murderers have crawled through my window.

I do understand your caution though. Too many nut jobs running loose these days.

Nice car.

• Options
    OF, how do we know your're the "real" OldFarmer?  Maybe you assaulted the original OF and this is just a disguise to perpetuate your crime?  Nah - never happen - you are just the same, honest and unassuming OldFarmer we all know and love!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Just saw a Kaiser Darrin last month. Owned by the Darrin family, along with a Packard Darrin. Interesting cars. Vastly underpowered compared to the Alfa Romeo, TR2 or Corvette, the car didn't sell well. It was expensive too--more than a Cadillac. If you run into one, chances are it has a different engine or a supercharger added.
  • Options
    The Orange BMW looks like it could be the same color as the Limited Edition Lime Rock M3.
  • Options
    The Orange BMW looks like it could be the same color as the Limited Edition Lime Rock M3.
    Could be.  I know the option was like $2000 for the orange paint.  If you saw it up close, it is more of a cantaloupe color - not as bright an orange as I would like to see on a sport coupe.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    I sure hope driver read our posts before he left for the dealership to buy the GLK.  He said that it had the same engine as his E400, so it must be a GLK400.  They don't make one for sale here in the U.S.  

But it they are changing the model for 2016 which means there are some big incentives available.  Here in the U.S. they are selling well under invoice.

I am surprised that he jumped into buying this one so quickly without the usual research he undertakes when buying a car.  I sure hope he negotiates a better deal so he won't be disappointed.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    jayrider said:

driver100 said:

Mike, car looks great!

We spent an interesting morning talking to our salesman at the Mercedes Palace this morning....3 hours!

I think I convinced my wife she won't be happy with a used car. The salesman showed us a C300 and adjusted my wife's driver seat to maximum height. It really makes for a narrow opning for her to view the road. If I get down to her eye level the dash is high, the hood bulges up.

Then, I had a brain wave....we'll try the GLK. For those who don't know what a GLK is it is a small MB SUV.

She sat in it and the seating is extra high, you are looking down at the whole hood. The instruments are way down low....the best vision you could ever have, I can't see how it could be better. We took it out for a drive and it is built like a tank......solid ride and just absorbs the bumps. It is nimble, great steering. Very comfortable. Lots of power too, the same engine as my E400......330 hp.

We love it. The 2015 models will be very different, probably round and curvy and it just won't have the same great sight lines.

The Audi will have a warranty until October 2015....but here is our dilemma....

I looked up the trade in value of the 2012 A4 and it is worth $21300 to $24250. They said it is immaculate and offered $26000! It has 16k miles on it.

The GLK comes in 2 models...we'll take the better model and it comes out to $53k. Normally they discount 2% but since we are loyal good customers we get a 4% discount.

This gets a bit silly, we prefer to use a line of credit and pay cash, but we actually pay less if we do the payment plan. We would have payments of $700 a month, but the 1st 3 months they pay. Actually the dealer pays for the first month, but Mercedes Corp pays for 2 months. We could do the payment plan and we can pay it off after 3 months, and save $1100 if we buy it using a payment plan.

It means the new car would cost about $32000 difference. On one hand, it is hard to justify trading in the Audi while it is still under warranty, and paying $33k.

But, using the Driver method of Financing, The alternative is to wait a year, but then the Audi will be worth $21k at most, and the GLK will be a different vehicle and will probably cost more.

The only way to come out ahead is to keep the Audi for 7 or 8 years to make it pay off.

They aren't building new ones, and there is only one around in the color we want, white with a beige interior. We have to decide soon.

I like this quote from the Edmunds Review of the GLK
    The GLK is utterly composed at high cruising speeds, and it rides and handles as well as most luxury sedans. And being a Mercedes-Benz, the sharply chiseled GLK feels like it's built out of a single block of granite

I just told my wife we should go back and buy it today before we lose it.

True car has your GLK at $51700 $100 under invoice. $3300 off MSRP.
    Jay and Mike. First, a GLK at $51700 doesn't mean a lot. What model of GLK, and is that U.S. $$$$s?

Here is a rough breakdown GLK350 (that model may not be available in the US, there are more MB models available in Canada than there are in the USA for some reason). It has 2 packages available $4700 and $3100 and that loads it up.....TOTAL $53800. 4% discount and since we are a civilized country there is very little under invoice selling, especially on cars like MBs...that makes it $50952. They will pay the first 3 months worth of payments which knocks off 3X$700 = $2100, but they charge 700 interest for that 3 month period (what an idiotic way of doing business) so that means a savings of $1400 making it $49500.

I think it is a tremendous value because if I remember correctly $45k for the Audi and this is so much more car, and I am pretty sure we paid $50k for the 2008 BMW 335. This car has so much more...lane change warnings, GPS, 330 hp instead of 300.....so to me it is a tremendously good car for the price.

The dealers in Canada don't do horse trading, there are no screamer ads that offer cars below invoice, and there is very little of that going on..........we are polite, considerate, conservative type of people.

There is one vehicle available equipped right and the right colors in Ontario. The dealer will have to see if they can get it, so the deal is contingent on that. This car could be at a dealer, in storage, or in transit.

I have absolutely no regrets about the car or the price. It is the only car my wife found suited her, and all the new cars have tiny windows and bubble look hoods and fenders.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    I think Driver feels bad karma with the Audi and wants it gone ASAP. I can understand that. I did a similar thing with my '09 Buick Lacrosse (called the Allure in Canada) which had a bad transmission that 2 dealers could never get right. I dumped it after 2 years when I saw a car I liked, the 2011 Regal Turbo, without a second thought and no regrets.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    Driver, you are the one buying the car and you are the one who knows best if you got a good deal.  I hope it works out for you and especially the wife.

Yes, they deal down here in the U.S. and it is obvious the deals in Canada are not as lucrative.

Just enjoy it.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    ab348 said:
    I think Driver feels bad karma with the Audi and wants it gone ASAP. I can understand that. I did a similar thing with my '09 Buick Lacrosse (called the Allure in Canada) which had a bad transmission that 2 dealers could never get right. I dumped it after 2 years when I saw a car I liked, the 2011 Regal Turbo, without a second thought and no regrets.
    I agree.  I had the same thing with that Lexus GS 350.  I couldn't wait to get out of that awful car and away from all the aggravation I had with the dealer and Lexus consumer affairs.  Sometimes you do what you have to do and that is driver's right and prerogative.

Pricing and models are very different in Canada.  It's not a fair comparison - certainly not like comparing apples with apples but more like comparing apples with oranges.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    Driver, congrats on the new MB ... as others have noted, I think the clutch issue with the Audi soured you on the brand and when the opportunity came along to trade out of it at a value much higher than you expected, you jumped on the deal.

On another note, for those BMW and Audi experts, I've got a guy looking at a used 328i vs a used A4 and wants some feedback:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/33720/audi/x/used-bmw-or-audi#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    ab348 said:

Right on ab! The logical thing would be to keep the Audi until October 2016, when the Warranty expires.

But, it will be worth $5000 less by then, maybe even $6k. A new car will probably cost more at that time.

I think it will cost less to trade now, get the car my wife wants to drive and she likes it...while it is available, and the GLK is a strong car that could last 8 or 10 years if it has to. I wouldn't trust the Audi once the warranty runs out.

But, the biggest factor is I don't trust the Audi any more, and my wife is totally insulted that she was blamed for their defective clutch.

• Options
    Driver, your wife is so sweet and charming (from my experience speaking with her on the phone) that there is no way anyone should/could accuse her of abusing anything, let alone a clutch in a car!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

ab348 said:

I agree.  I had the same thing with that Lexus GS 350.  I couldn't wait to get out of that awful car and away from all the aggravation I had with the dealer and Lexus consumer affairs.  Sometimes you do what you have to do and that is driver's right and prerogative.

Pricing and models are very different in Canada.  It's not a fair comparison - certainly not like comparing apples with apples but more like comparing apples with oranges.
    I remember, you were excited when you got the Lexus but the honeymoon was over quickly. Life is too short unless it just can't work out financially. I still love driving the Audi, and if it was just me I would just ride it out....at least until the warranty expired. But, it won't cost too much more to drive a new GLK, especially if we keep it for about 6 years...may even be less. I think this is a car that will hold up for a long time.

My wife has also been upset that the Audi has 260 hp and her 335 had 300 hp. She likes the horses for getting into traffic. She'll have 330 horses now, and the GLK can really move out.

We had lots of problems with our 95 Volvo all under warranty. But, it still took time and frustration to try to get it fixed all the time. We like Volvo's, but it would be hard for us to buy another one.

• Options
    Michaell said:

Driver, congrats on the new MB ... as others have noted, I think the clutch issue with the Audi soured you on the brand and when the opportunity came along to trade out of it at a value much higher than you expected, you jumped on the deal.

On another note, for those BMW and Audi experts, I've got a guy looking at a used 328i vs a used A4 and wants some feedback:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/33720/audi/x/used-bmw-or-audi#latest

Exactly! No confidence in the Audi, but the numbers surprised me when I really analyzed it. We are getting a much better car but I think we will pay more if we wait another year to trade.

Plus, I am so relieved my wife found a car she really likes. I can't think of any other car that would have worked.

• Options
    Driver, those GLK's are very popular down here, but they do not offer a 330 hp version in the U.S.   I drove the 302 hp version and found it quiet, powerful and smooth riding.  I like riding higher up and the visibility is excellent.

As long as the one you are getting has the blind spot monitor, you can't go wrong.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    Beautiful car, Mike! Love the color. 

Congrats, Driver, on the new ride!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    Beautiful car, Mike! Love the color. 

Congrats, Driver, on the new ride!
    Thanks FF!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats! Happy wife...life is short... it's only money...yada yada. :)
  • Options
    I could use some guidance from you experienced homeowners.

My wife and I bought our home last year putting 20% down and financed at 4.5 percent for 30 years. We only did that because the 7/1 ARM was at 4.2 percent at that time - we are not intending for this to be our forever home. 

I have been watching rates lately and interest rates on a 30 year fixed rate is now around 3.5% and a 7/1 ARM is now down around 2.8%.

What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to refinance after just a year?  The monthly savings would not be insignificant - on the order of $500 a month.  However, it's a hassle and we don't need to do it. 

Thoughts?
  • Options

My wife and I bought our home last year putting 20% down and financed at 4.5 percent for 30 years. We only did that because the 7/1 ARM was at 4.2 percent at that time - we are not intending for this to be our forever home. 

I have been watching rates lately and interest rates on a 30 year fixed rate is now around 3.5% and a 7/1 ARM is now down around 2.8%.

What I'm wondering is if it makes sense to refinance after just a year?  The monthly savings would not be insignificant - on the order of $500 a month.  However, it's a hassle and we don't need to do it. 

Thoughts?
    It all depends on how long you plan to remain in your current home.  An ARM is not the best alternative with rates expected to rise in the next 10-12 months.  A 3.5% 30 year fixed would be great if you remain in the house for another 4-5 years.  I predict mortgage rates will rise at least a full percent in the next 10-12 months and will continue to rise over the next 2-3 years at least.

Either way, you save money - but you have to decide on the risk with an ARM.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

Thoughts?

It all depends on how long you plan to remain in your current home.  An ARM is not the best alternative with rates expected to rise in the next 10-12 months.  A 3.5% 30 year fixed would be great if you remain in the house for another 4-5 years.  I predict mortgage rates will rise at least a full percent in the next 10-12 months and will continue to rise over the next 2-3 years at least.

Either way, you save money - but you have to decide on the risk with an ARM.

I am not an economist, but I do pay some attention to that area. And I think abacomike is most likely correct in his prediction that mortgage rates will be rising. I recently saw 15 year fixed rates at a little under 3%, I think that would be the direction that I would lean.

On Edit: There are definitely bugs in this software. I just made 4 attempts at editing this post before I got the last

/ blockquote

in the right place.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

ab348 said:

I need the group to cheer me up. Just did my income taxes. Govts of Canada and Nova Scotia get a total of nearly $56,000 from me, by far the most I ever paid and likely the most I will ever pay in the future. I know that tells me I had a very good year but still and all it stinks.

Sorry, I would love to make enough to have a $56k tax bill. Just think of all the poor folks whose lifestyle you are improving with your high taxes......

......nah, doesn't help me either. :'(

I paid around 22k last year in taxes. I guesstimate my ex-wife paid around 33k, so if we were still together that would be ... too d____ much!

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

Thoughts?

I agree with Mike, if you are going to live in the house a while go with the fixed rate. What are the closing costs? Divide the closing costs by $500 and that will tell you how long you have to stay to break even. For example,if the closing costs are $6000 you will be ahead of the game after one year. In the current market I'd want to get out of an ARM anyway.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Well, not getting into what's been appending in here but my wife and I went up to Red Bank, NJ (a seriously nice town) to see John Mellencamp. Great show in ways I wasn't expecting. He knows what people want to hear and does that but lots if interaction within the band.

Add to that just down the street from the theater is a wonderful Italian restaurant that serves huge portions and will refrigerate you doggy bag until after the show, so I have a nice piece of veal tomorrow.

Washed the Prius today. Maybe tomorrow I'll wax it. Depends on the time I can put in. Harvey's pitching.

Driver, I'd have paid $18,000 for the Audi....
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    So I don't think we could swing the monthly nut for a 15 year mortgage refi. We don't anticipate being in this house for the long haul since it isn't big enough for kids (which we want in the future). 

I really appreciate the feedback. I definitely need to run the numbers again for a fixed rate refi and go from there.

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    When we bought our first house, the best fixed rate we could get on a 15 year mortgage was14%. Next year we refinanced @11.25. The next year @9 5/8ths, and the year after that 7%!
  • Options
    stever said:

Congrats! Happy wife...life is short... it's only money...yada yada. :)

Well said, and thanks to all for good wishes.

.life is short... it's only money...yada yada. AND, I can only add, if I don't spend it the SIL will!

• Options
    fezo said:

Well, not getting into what's been appending in here but my wife and I went up to Red Bank, NJ (a seriously nice town) to see John Mellencamp.

Driver, I'd have paid $18,000 for the Audi....

Sounds like a great concert....I still like Frankie Valli concerts though.

About the $18k for the A4.........thanks for the offer, .and I would give Mike $30k for his E400.

You have a really good imagination.

• Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    @28firefighter look for a mortgage place that has zero closing costs. We have a few in my area that I have used. Usually the rates are slightly higher but if you won't be there forever you can save money.
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options

@28firefighter look for a mortgage place that has zero closing costs. We have a few in my area that I have used. Usually the rates are slightly higher but if you won't be there forever you can save money.

tommister2 "Mechanicsville, VA" Is that a good town to get my car fixed? How did they come up with that name?

• Options
    Beautiful MB, Mike. It was fun to see the Flordia condo complex you've told us so much about, too.

My GTI dream may be delayed a bit. Friday I met with a new orthopedic surgeon and we reviewed some images of my left knee. The lateral compartment, in his words, is "toast." It's totally collapsed and I have no seperation in the joint, so an artificial implant is my only hope to reduce pain and minimize further degradation of the bone. The good news, and shocking news as well, is my ACL appears to be in good shape despite all the injuries over the years.

Recovery is expected to include one day in the hospital, two to six weeks out of my work place, three months of swelling and discomfort, one year until complete results are known. After chatting about the situation with my wife we've decided to target early fall for the procedure and enjoy our summer, but I'll need to be gentle on the joint until then. Not knowing how successful the procedure will be I'm thinking a manual transmission may be a risky move right now. An auto GTI is an obvious option, but that half defeats the purpose of getting the GTI :)
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    What's scary....I just found out my new company has an agreement with Mercedes to buy at substantial discounts off their vehicles AFTER you negotiate with the dealer.

Not in the market, but good to know for the future.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    See what kind of deals they'll offer. I ma let you keep my half of the Miata...
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    fezo said:

See what kind of deals they'll offer. I ma let you keep my half of the Miata...

fezo....you're generosity overwhelms me...:)

I didn't look too closely, but the cursory look was for an E Class. Invoice minus some sort of dealer incentive minus $3,500 for my employee discount. Doesn't sound too shabby.

Not in the market for an E Class (nor any car for that matter). Might be tempted in a couple of years on some sort of AMG model, though.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    driver100 said:
    Well, not getting into what's been appending in here but my wife and I went up to Red Bank, NJ (a seriously nice town) to see John Mellencamp. Driver, I'd have paid $18,000 for the Audi....
    Sounds like a great concert....I still like Frankie Valli concerts though. About the $18k for the A4.........thanks for the offer, .and I would give Mike $30k for his E400. You have a really good imagination.
    Driver, your offer of $30,000 for my E400 ($72,000+ MSRP) is most generous and much appreciated!  When do the psychiatrists plan on releasing you from the loony bin?  Not soon, I hope!!! :angry::worried: 

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2015
    We just got home from our regular pit stop at the Sunday Brunch at NYY Steak House.  We always have a great time Sunday mornings there.  We only eat one meal on Sunday's because they offer so much and we always "accept", if you know what I mean.

Today they had fresh Alaskan King Crab Legs, Jumbo Cocktail Shrimp, fresh Oysters, smoked salmon with cream cheese and bagels, lobster bisque, carved beef tenderloin, sautéed deep sea scallops, eggs Benedict over bacon and cream sauce, omelets made to order, fresh rhaspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, unlimited champagne and mimosas, pancakes, waffles, ice cream and gelato, and a dessert array that would cause apoplexy.  And always all you can eat.  They charge $75.00 per person, but we get comped every Sunday.

We usually go there on Tuesdays for their steaks for dinner.  I look at it this way - I need to get my Dad out of the house several evenings a week and I detest cooking.  So it it well worth the trip over there a few times a week.

Dad seems to eat well when I take him out for brunch or dinner - I wonder if it has anything to do with my cooking?  Nah, couldn't be! :worried: 

2021 Genesis G90