Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder GPS Navigation System

2»

Comments

• belterbelter Posts: 1
    Have a 2014 Pathfinder with DVD Nav system. recently purchased map updates from Nissan for $130 (that's $50 off). Opted to do the upload myself because the dealer wanted another $135 to do the upload. While doing the upload the car shut off due to the Battery saving feature. Bad news. very bad to interrupt the upload. Nissan said I had to go to dealer to get the system rebooted because it was locked up. went to dealer and they were not able to reboot. System was still locked up. Their recommendation was to replace the GPS system module. That's a $500 part plus labor, and they said it was out of warranty since I was doing the update.
    Why is it out of warranty if the module is faulty and cannot be reprogrammed or rebooted? beyond my comprehension. I would think either faulty module or faulty software.
    Went directly to Nissan and they did not want to budge on picking up part of the cost.
    Anyone else have issues uploading updates to the point of having to replace expensive electronic parts?
  • I have a 2006 pathfinder. My navi, radio, dvd player and cd player wont go on. Anyone can tell me what to check or do to get it working again?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Easy thing to rule out first is the fuse. Or fuses.
  • Checked both inside and outside fuse boxes
  • Hep! I have a 2010 pathfinder and the nav display turns on and off when car is off and doors are closed. It keeps killing my battery.  Any idea what's wrong with it? He car has 44k miles 
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,018

Are you having trouble figuring out how to use all of the technology in your car? If you're overwhelmed with how to operate your navigation system, bluetooth, park assist or other advanced technology feature, a reporter would love to talk to you about your experience.

Please send an email to PR@Edmunds.com by Friday, March 17, 2017.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Share your vehicle reviews

PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog

2»