Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition Debuts; Order Books Open in May | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in General

image2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition Debuts; Order Books Open in May | Edmunds.com

The 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition coupe and convertible, a road-legal homage to Corvette Racing C7.R racecars, debuted on Friday, as Chevrolet announced details about the 2016 Chevrolet Corvette lineup.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mittzombiemittzombie Member Posts: 162
    I have not seen a corvette being driven fast in a long time. Its always old men driving the speed limit.
  • zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    ^^^ What he said. LOL!

Actually a guy at my work has a C6 and he drives the piss out of it!!! He's definitely in a minority from what I've seen, though.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    So are you saying the daily commute is a good time to blast through traffic at triple digit speeds? Just speaking from the realities of my every day driving, if I had one there's not a lot of time or places that I really could drive it hard without endangering myself or others. I think if I did have one I'd try to stretch it out when there wasn't much of an audience, if we're talking about public roads. I've driven a few fast cars, and my fun time with them was at around 2am on an empty highway. Maybe the "slow Vette owners" are getting their enthusiast rides in when nobody's looking? The z06 and 7 seem like track day specials though. Awesome, but I'd probably take a "regular" C7 if I wasn't going to track it. Still a hella fast car.