Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Only driver could consume $220 worth of coffee and donuts. No wonder Tim Horton's is so popular up there.

That might explain this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiAhmX3gGVc&ab_channel=skumm60

Up and back from NYC. The Mazda is a ball up and back but a bit of a pain in the city but not enough of one to think about an automatic.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    edited April 2015
    Oh, and someone here wants this car - www.yahoo.com/autos/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-with-just-81-original-117197056932.html
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Well it's official - my son is a member of the class of 2019 at Tufts University.

Today was the last of their Jumbo Days where admitted students and their families visit campus. My son had already decided but while we were there, we submitted the deposit. He is so excited about becoming a Jumbo and we are excited for him.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    The "2016" Mercedes-Benz E Class has arrived on dealers' lots!  Now we know why they've been selling 2015's well under original invoice.

Talk about "rushing" the years, many manufacturers have 2016 models out already.  As for Mercedes's "rush" to get the 2016 E out, the answer is simple - the totally redesigned 2017 is expected to arrive at dealerships early next Spring.  Only VIN numbers had to be changed because there is no difference between the 2015 and 2016 models.

So there are 2 reasons manufacturers will rush the model year:

-to introduce a newly redesigned model or new model

-to get the older style models in a new model year out early to provide sufficient up-front time to retool assembly lines for the next model year redesign.

They did the same thing at BMW with the 2005 "5" series and Mercedes did it before with the E Class bringing out the 2009 model in April of 2008.

So, in reality, my 2015 E400 was only on the market for sale for 7 months (October through April)!  They also raised the price almost $1000.

I guess these manufacturers know what they are doing - rushing the model years.

2021 Genesis G90

robr2 said:
    Well it's official - my son is a member of the class of 2019 at Tufts University. Today was the last of their Jumbo Days where admitted students and their families visit campus. My son had already decided but while we were there, we submitted the deposit. He is so excited about becoming a Jumbo and we are excited for him.
    Congrats, Rob, to both your son and your family.  You should be very proud!

2021 Genesis G90

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Renewed our XM/Sirius in our vehicles a day apart and the lowest they'd go was $89/year so we both said o k...was on the fence and was waiting to see what the other half planned on doing. Both happy as we like different stations...I stick with 6,7,8,25,26 and 32. I also have the Sinatra station but prefer 6 and 32 90% of the time. We each have a drive of 1/2 hour each way so we enjoy listening to all music with no commercials. But honestly, I wasn't going to keep it if it was above $100/year...one has to draw a line in the sand at some point.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

But honestly, I wasn't going to keep it if it was above $100/year...one has to draw a line in the sand at some point.

Especially when you're the Sandman.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

fezo said:

Only driver could consume $220 worth of coffee and donuts. No wonder Tim Horton's is so popular up there.

That might explain this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiAhmX3gGVc&ab_channel=skumm60

Up and back from NYC. The Mazda is a ball up and back but a bit of a pain in the city but not enough of one to think about an automatic.

Cute song.....but, since I started my diet 2 years ago I haven't had a donut in about 3 or 4 years. But, I did miss Tim Horton's coffee while in Florida....they should build an XL pipeline to carry Tim Horton's coffee down to Florida for Canadians.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    robr2,
    Congrats on your son's acceptance at Tufts. It's a great school. I'm assuming engineering or finance?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    edited April 2015
    abacomike said:

The "2016" Mercedes-Benz E Class has arrived on dealers' lots!  Now we know why they've been selling 2015's well under original invoice.

Talk about "rushing" the years, many manufacturers have 2016 models out already.  As for Mercedes's "rush" to get the 2016 E out, the answer is simple - the totally redesigned 2017 is expected to arrive at dealerships early next Spring. They also raised the price almost $1000.

I guess these manufacturers know what they are doing - rushing the model years.

I don't like how the next years cars come out earlier and earlier. However, if the 2016 E is the same I guess it won't matter too much to me....people will think I am driving a 2016 car.

I am so glad we got our 2015 GLK350, because they have ruined the 2016 model if the pictures I am seeing are accurate. We` liked the 2015 because of the large windows and high seating position/over a low squared off hood, and MB made the 2016 model longer, wider, and with a crunched down roof with narrow windows. If MB ruins the E Class and makes it round with narrow windows we'll have to hold onto our cars for many years.

2016 GLK supposedly:

I know it is personal preference, but I like the boxier2015 with larger windows:

This 30 second video is supposed to show the 2016 E400. If it is I prefer the 2015. It looks more rounded with smaller windows if i am making it out correctly.
    SUPPOSED TO BE 2016 E400

Not sure if this is real or not:

driver100 said:
    This 30 second video is supposed to show the 2016 E400. If it is I prefer the 2015. It looks more rounded with smaller windows if i am making it out correctly. SUPPOSED TO BE 2016 E400 Not sure if this is real or not:
    Driver, go to MBUSA.COM and you will see the 2016 E Sedan.  There is no difference between 2015 and 2016.  You posted a photo of a C Class Sedan.  The photos on MBUSA are correct.  Check it out.

2021 Genesis G90

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,092
    abacomike said:

Driver, go to MBUSA.COM and you will see the 2016 E Sedan.  There is no difference between 2015 and 2016.  You posted a photo of a C Class Sedan.  The photos on MBUSA are correct.  Check it out.

Mike, what driver posted are supposed to be pics of the new E class as introduced in China as a 2016. It says it looks like a larger C class but the pics at his link are definitely not a C class. I'm guessing they will bring it here as a 2017.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

ab348 said:
    Mike, what driver posted are supposed to be pics of the new E class as introduced in China as a 2016. It says it looks like a larger C class but the pics at his link are definitely not a C class. I'm guessing they will bring it here as a 2017.
    That could be a European or Asian E Class.  But the North American 2016 E Class did not change one iota from the 2015.

The pictures I have seen of the 2017 E Class resemble a smaller version of the S Class, but it will have a longer wheel base and larger chassis than the current E Class.

I am not sure I will like it that much and will consider the redesigned 5 series or perhaps a Jaguar or Infiniti in 2017.

2021 Genesis G90

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    driver100 said:

since I started my diet 2 years ago I haven't had a donut in about 3 or 4 years.

Great quote Driver. Yogi Berra would be proud. B)
    Verdugo, that was funny!!!

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

This 30 second video is supposed to show the 2016 E400. If it is I prefer the 2015. It looks more rounded with smaller windows if i am making it out correctly.
    SUPPOSED TO BE 2016 E400

Not sure if this is real or not:

I checked mbusa.com and the 2016 does look exactly like a 2015, except maybe the headlights. Even the instrument panel is the same. I think the pictures I found were Euro mdels or artists renderings.

That 2016 model doesn't make me want to trade in my current car at all. Usually there is some excitement when they introduce a new model...not this time.

verdugo said:

driver100 said:

since I started my diet 2 years ago I haven't had a donut in about 3 or 4 years.
    Great quote Driver. Yogi Berra would be proud. B)

I fell out of my chair at that one.....I didn't realize I was so funny.

I guess I should have said....I haven't had a donut in about 4 years, and, I started my diet 2 years ago. The facts were right...just the way I said it was a Yogi.

driver and verdugo - you guys almost cost me a keyboard!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,430
    @robr2 - Mazel-Tov on your son's acceptance to TUFTS!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    robr2 said:
    Well it's official - my son is a member of the class of 2019 at Tufts University. Today was the last of their Jumbo Days where admitted students and their families visit campus. My son had already decided but while we were there, we submitted the deposit. He is so excited about becoming a Jumbo and we are excited for him.
    Congrats!  My sister went to Tufts and I spent a lot of time visiting her there. Wasn't right for me, but she loved it. She's currently completing her PhD at Berkeley, so Tufts served her well!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    robr2 said:

Well it's official - my son is a member of the class of 2019 at Tufts University.

Today was the last of their Jumbo Days where admitted students and their families visit campus. My son had already decided but while we were there, we submitted the deposit. He is so excited about becoming a Jumbo and we are excited for him.

Congrats Rob....glad there are some good chromosomes around B&S Cars!

robr2,
    Congrats on your son's acceptance at Tufts. It's a great school. I'm assuming engineering or finance?

Thanks. His plan is to major in biology and double major or minor in history. He'd like to either go into environmental toxicology research or environmental law. The former will require a PhD and the latter a JD. Knowing him, he'll do both. I have no idea where that Type A personality came from.

The engineering school at Tufts is fantastic and since they are mostly a liberal arts school, the engineering nerds have to take classes in philosophy, art, history, et al. Tufts will start offering business minors next year as they have not offered business options in the past. Offering some business classes gives students a foundation that employers can build upon if they decide to go into business after graduation.
    nyccarguy said:

@robr2 - Mazel-Tov on your son's acceptance to TUFTS!

Thank you.

If I were you, I'd stop getting a new car every 3 years and start putting that money aside for your 3 little ones. As a business owner, you'll get put through the wringer when it comes time for college.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    robr2.....congratz to your son. I'm sure you are very proud, as you should be.

Since it's slow around here, had a rental car for the week as I was traveling around Chicago and Milwaukee most of the week. I try to get bigger cars, especially if I'm driving a lot, and certainly for a long week, like I had. But, corporate only lets me go through Hertz. As such, the ony thing they had for me was a Spark or a Cruze. Nixed the Spark (although I have to say I was at least mildly interested in driving it, just to see what you can get for so little). I ended up with the Cruze.

Admittedly, I haven't been in a car of this class in a long time, but I was pleasantly surprised. I had pelnty of room. It came well equipped....mine even came with leather, heated seats (which I actually used, as it was snowing in Milwaekee Wednesday), and "MyLink".

Not sure what these cars sell for, but I'll assume low/mid $20s? Maybe negotiate into the high teens? Not fast by any means, but the trans was ready to shift down and get the motor in the power band readily with just a hint of my pressing the go peddle.

Steering was too light, and too numb, but there was no bucking or harsh transmission that came up through the steering column.

The ride was surprisignly cushy. No harshness came up through the body over anything except the harshest pot holes.

I burned up a tank of gas. Got right at 35 MPG. Not bad.

Most impressive wasthe build quality. While the car only had just under 10K miles on the odo, it was tight as a drum. No sign of wear, anywhere....in a rental....impressive. Yes, the doors sounded tinny. And, yes there was some road noise that filtered into the cabin. But, it was a comfortable, relatively good handling, frugal driving companion for a week.

I think thie repalced the Cavalier. THe Cruze is a whole universe better than my last Cavalier rental.

This would be a good 2nd car, or a good first car for a family with a couple of small children. Not bad....not bad at all.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    The Cruze replaced the Cobalt which replaced the Cavalier.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    @graphicguy - you had the 2LT trim level if it had leather. I had one in California a few years ago and my experiences mirror yours. Not fast, but competent.

If only they made a hatchback version ... oh, wait, they do! Just not here ....

https://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/cruze-hatchback/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358
    Belated congrats, robr2!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Hey, Bradd. Were you at the stadium last night? You must be a happy camper. That was ugly!
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Michaell said:

@graphicguy - you had the 2LT trim level if it had leather. I had one in California a few years ago and my experiences mirror yours. Not fast, but competent.

If only they made a hatchback version ... oh, wait, they do! Just not here ....

https://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/cruze-hatchback/

Michaell.....Thinking of what's out there for the price of a Cruze (saw an ad last night that stated all Chevies are 15% off MSRP), I can't think of anything that would be head and shoulders better for the high teens than a Cruze. Maybe a Mazda 3? Hyundai Accent?

Cruze would seem to be highly competitive with them for that kind of money.....pretty nice car.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Go Jumbo! (Tufts mascot, right?)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    @graphicguy - you had the 2LT trim level if it had leather. I had one in California a few years ago and my experiences mirror yours. Not fast, but competent. If only they made a hatchback version ... oh, wait, they do! Just not here .... https://www.chevrolet.co.uk/cars/cruze-hatchback/
    Michaell.....Thinking of what's out there for the price of a Cruze (saw an ad last night that stated all Chevies are 15% off MSRP), I can't think of anything that would be head and shoulders better for the high teens than a Cruze. Maybe a Mazda 3? Hyundai Accent? Cruze would seem to be highly competitive with them for that kind of money.....pretty nice car.
    Well I voted with my wallet and got an Elantra GT

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited April 2015
    jayrider said:

I just mark my calendar one year forward from the date the X-M service was renewed and call a day before to cancel. I have always gotten the promotion rate without any hassle.

I do this on my Google and/or iPad calendars right after my phone calls. With the $25 per 5 mos. promotional plan it comes out to about $60/year. To me it is worth the 5 min. phone call every 5 mos. to have satellite radio. Cell phone options for music streaming through an app. like Pandora are hardly free as there are costs for using data for such apps. or for WiFi tethering.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    robr2 said:

Congrats---Tufts is a great school for science, but alas their tuition is steep unless you are fortunate to land a full ride scholarship. Nevertheless, with tuition discounting the cost is in line with future expected benefits.

Renewed our XM/Sirius in our vehicles a day apart and the lowest they'd go was $89/year so we both said o k...was on the fence and was waiting to see what the other half planned on doing. Both happy as we like different stations...I stick with 6,7,8,25,26 and 32. I also have the Sinatra station but prefer 6 and 32 90% of the time. We each have a drive of 1/2 hour each way so we enjoy listening to all music with no commercials. But honestly, I wasn't going to keep it if it was above $100/year...one has to draw a line in the sand at some point.

I cancelled my XM/Serius about three months ago and frankly I haven't missed it. If anything I rediscovered local FM radio, with a little chatter, news, sports, jokes, and a little music. Besides, the quality of XM fidelity nowhere close to FM, Pandora or my new favorite, Milk (a Samsung app)

Go Jumbo! (Tufts mascot, right?)

That's right. Tufts' mascot is Jumbo the Elephant. Phineas T. Barnum was a benefactor of the school in the 1800's. When Jumbo was killed by a locomotive, Barnum had him mounted and he went on a 4 year tour before coming to his permanent home at Tufts. Jumbo was there until a fire in 1975 destroyed him and Barnum hall. But the spirit of Jumbo lives on - some of his ashes were collected and placed in a peanut butter jar that is kept in the athletic department. Athletes rub the jar for luck.

A new full size bronze Jumbo was put into place and dedicated a couple of weeks ago. It's 11' tall and 18' long and was paid for by a couple of alumni.
    bwia said:

robr2 said:

Congrats---Tufts is a great school for science, but alas their tuition is steep unless you are fortunate to land a full ride scholarship. Nevertheless, with tuition discounting the cost is in line with future expected benefits.
    We discovered that all the schools are expensive. $50K-65K annually is the norm. The grant that Tufts gave him makes going there attainable. One important statistic is that it alumni have one of the highest mid career salaries.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2015
    Here's a Tuff one. B)

Opinion on These Three Cars?

(I was thinking Steven Wright was a Tuffs grad for some reason; maybe I confused him with Bill Richardson, our former governor, a different kind of joker)
    $120,000 for a police cruiser? Apparently so, as this is the amount my town has budgeted for one police cruiser and $7,000 for tasers. Spring is here and all over Massachusetts towns are preparing for their annual town and budget meetings.

As we all know the school system takes a big chunk of any city's budget but this year in my town almost every department has put in requests for new vehicles and equipment. This is not surprising as real estate values have increased---read: more property taxes, and the unemployment rate in Massachusetts is at 4.8%. We are blessed and are grateful for being a leader in biomedical, power and robotic sciences creating the jobs that drive the Massachusetts economy.

Oh, how nice it is live in New England, can Olympics 2024 be far behind?
    bwia said:

$120,000 for a police cruiser? Apparently so, as this is the amount my town has budgeted for one police cruiser and $7,000 for tasers. Spring is here and all over Massachusetts towns are preparing for their annual town and budget meetings.

As we all know the school system takes a big chunk of any city's budget but this year in my town almost every department has put in requests for new vehicles and equipment. This is not surprising as real estate values have increased---read: more property taxes, and the unemployment rate in Massachusetts is at 4.8%. We are blessed and are grateful for being a leader in biomedical, power and robotic sciences creating the jobs that drive the Massachusetts economy.

Oh, how nice it is live in New England, can Olympics 2024 be far behind?

It has to be more than 1 cruiser for $120K. My town bought 4 new Explorers last year for about that same amount.

Since it's slow around here, had a rental car for the week as I was traveling around Chicago and Milwaukee

I burned up a tank of gas. Got right at 35 MPG. Not bad.

Most impressive wasthe build quality. While the car only had just under 10K miles on the odo, it was tight as a drum. No sign of wear, anywhere....in a rental....impressive. Yes, the doors sounded tinny. And, yes there was some road noise that filtered into the cabin. But, it was a comfortable, relatively good handling, frugal driving companion for a week.

I see a lot of Cruze's and a lot of them pass me on the highway. I think the owners of Cruzes have an inferiority complex and find that they have to make up for it by passing everyone.

I will say, they look pretty nice for the money...at least they have a real trunk and a hood, unlike some economy cars.

carnaught said:

jayrider said:

I just mark my calendar one year forward from the date the X-M service was renewed and call a day before to cancel. I have always gotten the promotion rate without any hassle.

I do this on my Google and/or iPad calendars right after my phone calls. With the $25 per 5 mos. promotional plan it comes out to about $60/year. To me it is worth the 5 min. phone call every 5 mos. to have satellite radio. Cell phone options for music streaming through an app. like Pandora are hardly free as there are costs for using data for such apps. or for WiFi tethering.
    If Sirius won't give me the $90 a year deal then I will see if U.S. Sirius will sign me up. I'd make a note to call them every 5 months....how do you get out of the automatic renewal?

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited April 2015
    "...how do you get out of the automatic renewal?"

By simply calling them a few days BEFORE the date your subscription ends and going through the cancellation dept. telling them you want to cancel unless you get the promotional rate. If they don't give it, cancel right on the spot.. That is precisely why I set the reminder. Once the subscription has ended, it's too late, and you're already auto-renewed.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    robr2 said:
    $120,000 for a police cruiser? Apparently so, as this is the amount my town has budgeted for one police cruiser and $7,000 for tasers. Spring is here and all over Massachusetts towns are preparing for their annual town and budget meetings. As we all know the school system takes a big chunk of any city's budget but this year in my town almost every department has put in requests for new vehicles and equipment. This is not surprising as real estate values have increased---read: more property taxes, and the unemployment rate in Massachusetts is at 4.8%. We are blessed and are grateful for being a leader in biomedical, power and robotic sciences creating the jobs that drive the Massachusetts economy. Oh, how nice it is live in New England, can Olympics 2024 be far behind?
    It has to be more than 1 cruiser for $120K. My town bought 4 new Explorers last year for about that same amount.
    I agree I find it hard to believe 1 cruiser was that much, unless it was specially equipped (e.g. K9 Unit). That said, even if the base vehicles are 30k, the new digital radios and LED lighting required by law these days can add 10-15k alone. 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Municipalities in suburban areas of Ft. Lauderdale run mainly Dodge Cargers with HO 6 cylinder engines.  Since municipalities do not patrol Interstates or the Turnpike/Toll Roads, there is no necessity for V8 powerhouses.  I don't know what a completed cruiser costs, but it is certainly at least twice the price of a model available to the public (standard Charger).

The costly patrol units are the State Highway Patrol units and County units because they are purchased with the big, powerful engines (usually super-charged) since they patrol the Interstates and Turnpike and other Toll Roads.  Those I would think could approach three times the price of a standard vehicle.

Our State Troopers run Ford Mustangs and Dodge Chargers - both models are with big engines.

2021 Genesis G90

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,092
    I was shocked to see our city receive bids on a recent tender for police vehicles that were ridiculously cheap. They ended up getting AWD Tauruses with the police interceptor package for a bit over $27K Cdn apiece. The other contender was the AWD Charger with police package at just a little bit more.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

carnaught said:

"...how do you get out of the automatic renewal?"

By simply calling them a few days BEFORE the date your subscription ends and going through the cancellation dept. telling them you want to cancel unless you get the promotional rate. If they don't give it, cancel right on the spot.. That is precisely why I set the reminder. Once the subscription has ended, it's too late, and you're already auto-renewed.

Thanks....I'll keep that in mind. My renewal date is May 10th.....first I'll see if they call to try an offer I can't refuse!

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    abacomike said:

Municipalities in suburban areas of Ft. Lauderdale run mainly Dodge Cargers with HO 6 cylinder engines.  Since municipalities do not patrol Interstates or the Turnpike/Toll Roads, there is no necessity for V8 powerhouses.  I don't know what a completed cruiser costs, but it is certainly at least twice the price of a model available to the public (standard Charger).

The costly patrol units are the State Highway Patrol units and County units because they are purchased with the big, powerful engines (usually super-charged) since they patrol the Interstates and Turnpike and other Toll Roads.  Those I would think could approach three times the price of a standard vehicle.

Our State Troopers run Ford Mustangs and Dodge Chargers - both models are with big engines.

Super-charged? I think not. How many production automobiles are available with a supercharger these days? The only one that pops into my mind is Jaguar. The highway patrol here in Texas runs Dodge Chargers, and a few Mustangs. Neither of which is available with a supercharger. The police units are very bare bones, no amenities, and tend to be fairly cheap.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    henryn said:

abacomike said:

Super-charged? I think not. How many production automobiles are available with a supercharger these days? The only one that pops into my mind is Jaguar. The highway patrol here in Texas runs Dodge Chargers, and a few Mustangs. Neither of which is available with a supercharger. The police units are very bare bones, no amenities, and tend to be fairly cheap.

Just googled how much police cars cost. Seems most bare bones models cost about $20k, and with extras, lights, paint etc may come to about $30k
    POLICE TALKING ABOUT THEIR CARS

Then, there are comments such as:

Our totally outfitted sh**palas were $30k. This includes the car and all new equipment (LED bar, push bar, smartsiren system, radios, etc).

driver100 said:

henryn said:

abacomike said:

Just googled how much police cars cost. Seems most bare bones models cost about $20k, and with extras, lights, paint etc may come to about $30k
    POLICE TALKING ABOUT THEIR CARS

Then, there are comments such as:

Our totally outfitted sh**palas were $30k. This includes the car and all new equipment (LED bar, push bar, smartsiren system, radios, etc).

Oops, my bad. I went back and read the Finance Committee's detailed report and the $120,000 is for the replacement of 4 police cruisers, not one as was reported elsewhere. Even at $30K a piece that is still expensive. What about the trade-in on the old and the group discount on the new? The $30K would suggest that they are paying full MRSP.