Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ceiling car seat tether

amanda23170amanda23170 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Honda
I'm considering a 2015 crv, but I'm troubled by the tether in the ceiling obstructing my view of the rear window. Does anyone have this issue with their car or a crv specifically and if so does it really bother you? I'm a really paranoid driver and afraid this is a deal breaker for me, even tho people say I will get used to it.

Comments

• jimbo65jimbo65 Member Posts: 65
    Are you referring to the middle seat belt? That should be rolled up and tucked into the ceiling receiver when not in use. Easy peasey!
    2015 CR-V EX-L 2WD = One Sweet Ride :p
  • amanda23170amanda23170 Member Posts: 3
    No my sons car seat has a tether at the top that hooks to an anchor. In most cars it's behind the seat, but in smaller suvs (I'm finding out recently), that anchor is in the ceiling..so the strap is hanging from the ceiling to the car seat at all times.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,841

No my sons car seat has a tether at the top that hooks to an anchor. In most cars it's behind the seat, but in smaller suvs (I'm finding out recently), that anchor is in the ceiling..so the strap is hanging from the ceiling to the car seat at all times.

I don't think it would bother me, but that isn't going to help you very much. A single strap attached to the LATCH anchor isn't much of an obstruction.

But, before I'd pay $25K-$30K for a new car, I'd tote my car seat to the dealership, install it, and take it for a good long test drive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amanda23170amanda23170 Member Posts: 3
    Yea I've already been on 2 but I didn't have the seat installed. I'm also considering a hyundai santa fe sport, which instead has the tether behind the seat, I'm just getting bullied by everyone to get a honda lol
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Drive what you like. B)
  • davejetdavejet Member Posts: 3
    There is a tether connection point on the back of the seat. You don't have to use the ceiling connection point.