Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions

Comments

• magnum003magnum003 Member Posts: 4
    Is there a trend on current models year over year regarding residuals and MF when leasing. The reason I ask is I'm wondering if there is a better time of year to purchase a lease. Are residuals lower towards the end of the model year? Does the MF change based on the time of year, or is that set by other variables?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    magnum003 said:

Is there a trend on current models year over year regarding residuals and MF when leasing. The reason I ask is I'm wondering if there is a better time of year to purchase a lease. Are residuals lower towards the end of the model year? Does the MF change based on the time of year, or is that set by other variables?

Residuals are usually best at the beginning of a model year, but banks can adjust the residual any time they like to help promote sales.

MF is also determined by the bank and can fluctuate based on market demands.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bp1001bp1001 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I was at a Boston area dealer today and was offered a Santa Fe GLS AWD Ultimate package lease for 3 year / 36K miles for $411/ month including taxes. Our taxes are 6.25%.
    The MSRP was 40,805, money factor was 0.00102, 61% residual and cap cost was 36,500. The money factor seems different compared to what i have seen in the forum which is 0.00069. Does this look like a reasonable deal? Thanks,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    bp1001 said:

Hello, I was at a Boston area dealer today and was offered a Santa Fe GLS AWD Ultimate package lease for 3 year / 36K miles for $411/ month including taxes. Our taxes are 6.25%.
    The MSRP was 40,805, money factor was 0.00102, 61% residual and cap cost was 36,500. The money factor seems different compared to what i have seen in the forum which is 0.00069. Does this look like a reasonable deal? Thanks,

Money factor is marked up from the base .00069.

Unless it's a Limited? Base MF for the Limited is .00102

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chinghalechinghale Member Posts: 20
    Hi is this a good deal guys any help would be very appreciated
    We have been offered a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2015 2.4 L 4 Cylinder in Mineral grey with TECH package for $2500 down and payments of $315.00 per month inclusive of all taxes for a 48 month lease which we will probably buy at the end of…. we also got the 15,000 mile allowance per year option and no fee for returning our 3 year Leased Elantra limited 2013 which is in excellent condition with 36,000 miles

MSRP $34,645 -Mineral grey

chinghale said:
    Hi is this a good deal guys any help would be very appreciated We have been offered a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2015 2.4 L 4 Cylinder in Mineral grey with TECH package for $2500 down and payments of $315.00 per month inclusive of all taxes for a 48 month lease which we will probably buy at the end of…. we also got the 15,000 mile allowance per year option and no fee for returning our 3 year Leased Elantra limited 2013 which is in excellent condition with 36,000 miles MSRP $34,645 -Mineral grey
    Answered in the other thread you posted in. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bp1001bp1001 Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

bp1001 said:

i am pretty sure the vehicle is GLS ultipate package. I am going to get them to back down on money factor. Are the allowed to use incorrect factor ? or they will adjust the price if i were to accept the deal?
    bp1001 said:

kyfdx said:

bp1001 said:

i am pretty sure the vehicle is GLS ultipate package. I am going to get them to back down on money factor. Are the allowed to use incorrect factor ? or they will adjust the price if i were to accept the deal?
    They can mark up the money factor for extra profit. With the lower money factor, the payment should drop by about $25/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• travdog34travdog34 Member Posts: 17
    Looking to lease a 2015 Santa Fe Sport. 3 year/36,000 miles. $0 down with only the first month's payment due at signing.

It has the popular package and the MSRP on it is: $28,100.

He's offering me $339/month. I am currently in a Sonata lease which ends next month.

Any one have any idea if this is a good offer or how much lower I should/could counter at?

Any help is SO GREATLY appreciated!
    travdog34 said:

Looking to lease a 2015 Santa Fe Sport. 3 year/36,000 miles. $0 down with only the first month's payment due at signing.

It has the popular package and the MSRP on it is: $28,100.

He's offering me $339/month. I am currently in a Sonata lease which ends next month.

Any one have any idea if this is a good offer or how much lower I should/could counter at?

Any help is SO GREATLY appreciated!

Base model numbers are .00065 MF and 54% residual with $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jcivic9680jcivic9680 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to put some rough numbers together. Can I get the MF & RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport, 36/12k in Florida?

Looking to put some rough numbers together. Can I get the MF & RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport, 36/12k in Florida?

No Hyundai information just yet ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Base FWD? .00034 MF and 53% residual. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jason05gtjason05gt Member Posts: 5
    Hi-I am looking for the current MF and residual for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate in Chicago, IL>
    jason05gt said:

Hi-I am looking for the current MF and residual for a 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate in Chicago, IL>

FWD or AWD?

Lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jason05gtjason05gt Member Posts: 5
    Sorry,  AWD and 3 year/36k miles. 
    jason05gt said:

jason05gt said:

Sorry,  AWD and 3 year/36k miles. 

.00049 and 56%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigjoelr3bigjoelr3 Member Posts: 26
    Can you give me the MF and RV for 2015 Santa FE GLS FWD 36/12 and 36/15
    bigjoelr3 said:

Can you give me the MF and RV for 2015 Santa FE GLS FWD 36/12 and 36/15

.00092 MF and 61%/59% residual. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dimariadimaria Member Posts: 44
    Hi! Can you please provide me with the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in NJ for 36/12k. Thanks.
    dimaria said:

Hi! Can you please provide me with the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in NJ for 36/12k. Thanks.

.00102 and 60%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• logielogie Member Posts: 9
    Hi! In MA and wondering what the MF and residual is on a 2015 Santa Fe Limited for 36 months/15K miles. Thank you!!
    logie said:

Hi! In MA and wondering what the MF and residual is on a 2015 Santa Fe Limited for 36 months/15K miles. Thank you!!

If AWD, then .00102 and 58%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you!
    I was offered this for a lease first go round...any comments:
    Santa Fe Limited AWD with Ultimate Package

Sticker $42,110 -- reduced to $37,486. 36 months/15K miles monthly payment of $489.89

logie said:

Thank you!
    I was offered this for a lease first go round...any comments:
    Santa Fe Limited AWD with Ultimate Package

Sticker $42,110 -- reduced to $37,486. 36 months/15K miles monthly payment of $489.89

I get $426/mo pre-tax. What state is this and what is the tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MA ...tax rate is 6.25%. What questions should I be asking to figure out their fuzzy math. Thank you so much!!
    logie said:

MA ...tax rate is 6.25%. What questions should I be asking to figure out their fuzzy math. Thank you so much!!

Ask them what the net cap cost is .. my guess it's higher than your selling price. Ask them to show you how they get from one to the other.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    Can you post the AWD rates for limited and GLS for 36/10K?
    iamgort said:

Can you post the AWD rates for limited and GLS for 36/10K?

GLS - .00069 and 62%

Limited - .00102 and 61%

$750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. What are the manufacturer's that qualify for the competitive brand owner?
  • sebastian10sebastian10 Member Posts: 72
    Hi, what are May numbers on Limited AWD 36/12k in Chicago?
    Do you guys think that 36300 selling price on a santa fe limited with MSRP of 42455 is good or can the dealer do better?
    iamgort said:

Thanks. What are the manufacturer's that qualify for the competitive brand owner?

Sorry... don't have that info..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, what are May numbers on Limited AWD 36/12k in Chicago?

.00084 MF and 59% residual. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

iamgort said:

Do you guys think that 36300 selling price on a santa fe limited with MSRP of 42455 is good or can the dealer do better?

We don't follow transaction prices, but you can use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to get Edmunds TMV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thamsurithamsuri Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Can you please provide me with the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in CT for 36/12k.
    Did anyone recently leased in CT, please share the details. Thanks
  • thamsurithamsuri Member Posts: 3
    brianb123 said:

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

Thank you. I guess I was asking more with the prices you all have seen on here, would you think that's a good deal for the Limited Ultimate version? It can ask what the sticker and cap cost are, but just qualitatively if you thought it was good or not... thank you!

Hard for us to evaluate your offer with incomplete information. We can model a payment, but only with all the information necessary.

Hi - the dealer said the sticker is $42,315 and the cap cost is $36,614.55. Thank you for your help!

It seems a good deal, Can you share the dealer/sales person info, so that I can reach out to him.
    thamsuri said:

Hi! Can you please provide me with the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa Fe Limited AWD in CT for 36/12k.
    Did anyone recently leased in CT, please share the details. Thanks

.00084 and 59%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kf91kf91 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa FE GLS AWD in WA for 36/12k. Thanks.
    kf91 said:

I'm looking for the MF and RV for a 2015 Santa FE GLS AWD in WA for 36/12k. Thanks.

.00063 and 60%. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    thamsuri said:

brianb123 said:

Michaell said:

brianb123 said:

Thank you. I guess I was asking more with the prices you all have seen on here, would you think that's a good deal for the Limited Ultimate version? It can ask what the sticker and cap cost are, but just qualitatively if you thought it was good or not... thank you!

Hard for us to evaluate your offer with incomplete information. We can model a payment, but only with all the information necessary.

Hi - the dealer said the sticker is $42,315 and the cap cost is $36,614.55. Thank you for your help!
    It seems a good deal, Can you share the dealer/sales person info, so that I can reach out to him.

yes id be interested as well if you could share this info.
  • bigb26bigb26 Member Posts: 6
    Here's a quote I received today for a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD with Ultimate Package:

MSRP $40,950
    Dealer Discount $3,350
    Lease Cash Rebate $1,750
    Competitive Rebate $750
    Lease Price $35,100
    Cash Down $0
    Term 36 month 15K mile per year
    Lease Payment $397.40
    Out The Door Payment $432.17 (Santa Clara, CA)
    Plus oil changes included

Sounds like a good deal but looking for validation from this forum's experts. Thanks!

bigb26 said:

Here's a quote I received today for a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD with Ultimate Package:

MSRP $40,950
    Dealer Discount $3,350
    Lease Cash Rebate $1,750
    Competitive Rebate $750
    Lease Price $35,100
    Cash Down $0
    Term 36 month 15K mile per year
    Lease Payment $397.40
    Out The Door Payment $432.17 (Santa Clara, CA)
    Plus oil changes included

Sounds like a good deal but looking for validation from this forum's experts. Thanks!

.00063 MF and 58% residual.

At a CAP cost of $35,100, I get $352/mo.plus tax.
    That's about $1600 to account for. If your out of pocket is $0, then that isn't unusual. You have 1st payment, acquisition fee, title/registration/doc fees.. If that adds up to $1600, then the calculations are good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• harrisrydalharrisrydal Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2015
    one more. Just want to confirm RV and MF for two cars, both would be leased in PA or NY which I assume is the same. 36 /12 for both. Also both have $750 lease cash?:
    • Sante Fe GLS w/ AWD, with Ultimate and Premium packages
    • Sante Fe Sport Turbo w/ AWD and Ultimate Package
    Also, may not be the right forum but I am using TrueCar as a guideline. Would anyone know if the prices dealers quote here typically includes lease cash amounts?

Much thanks.

one more. Just want to confirm RV and MF for two cars, both would be leased in PA or NY which I assume is the same. 36 /12 for both. Also both have $750 lease cash?:

• Sante Fe GLS w/ AWD, with Ultimate and Premium packages
    • Sante Fe Sport Turbo w/ AWD and Ultimate Package
    Also, may not be the right forum but I am using TrueCar as a guideline. Would anyone know if the prices dealers quote here typically includes lease cash amounts?

Much thanks.
    GLS AWD - .00063 and 60%
    Sport 2.0T AWD - .00030 and 55%

Yes, $750 lease cash on both.

Can't speak to what TrueCar includes or excludes in their quotes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ph2010ph2010 Member Posts: 15
    Just wanted to check current lease rates on Santa Fe Limited FWD with Ultimate, money factor and residual for 15/12/10k. Thanks in advance! Also does Hyundai do MSDs?
    ph2010 said:

Just wanted to check current lease rates on Santa Fe Limited FWD with Ultimate, money factor and residual for 15/12/10k. Thanks in advance! Also does Hyundai do MSDs?

.00070 and 58% for 36/12. $750 lease cash.

Add 1% for 10K and subtract 2% for 15K.

No MSD program from Hyundai.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

ph2010 said:

Thanks- and it's still 0.00063 / 60% for equivalent GLS?
    ph2010 said:

Michaell said:

ph2010 said:

Thanks- and it's still 0.00063 / 60% for equivalent GLS?
    FWD GLS is .00056 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just wanted to see if there were any changes now that we are in June?

So lease rates for 36/12 for FWD GLS and FWD Limited, and current lease incentives? Have not pulled trigger yet but very interested