Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Eyesight and Nav option

dckozak1dckozak1 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2015 in Subaru
Looking at 2015 Forester's with this option. For anyone who has it, what is your opinion? Its a $1630 invoice option, do you feel it was worth it? If you didn't get it on your Forester, do you wish you had? Opinions appreciated. :smile:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    dckozak1 said:

Looking at 2015 Forester's with this option. For anyone who has it, what is your opinion? Its a $1630 invoice option, do you feel it was worth it? If you didn't get it on your Forester, do you wish you had? Opinions appreciated. :smile:

The Outback we bought in February has this .. wife insisted on it. The nav is like most current nav systems around, though the wife is still getting used to the voice activated aspect. The eyesight takes some getting used to - it tells me everytime I drift to the line. Which, I've learned, is a lot more than I thought. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Riding the shoulder white strip helps your gas mileage. That smooth paint probably gains you another tenth of a tenth of a percent. :)

I ruined a sidewall years ago as I was cruising a bit far to the right and hit some debris just right, so there's that I suppose.

• johnfl68johnfl68 Member Posts: 4
    How is the Navigation System? I am buying a Legacy 3.6 and have heard it has a lagging issue and can be off by about 1/8 of a mile causing missed turns or exits.. Been using GPS Navigation since 1998 and never ran itno that issue.. and would of expected it back in 98 not in 2015. Thanks..
  • spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182
    johnfl68 said:

How is the Navigation System? I am buying a Legacy 3.6 and have heard it has a lagging issue and can be off by about 1/8 of a mile causing missed turns or exits.. Been using GPS Navigation since 1998 and never ran itno that issue.. and would of expected it back in 98 not in 2015. Thanks..

I don't know exactly the answer of your question. However, I am in the same spot with you and just want to dismiss the Nav option and keep the eyesight. Google Maps better than any built-in Nav systems.