Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus IS Maintenance and Repair

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    gordongjgordongj Member Posts: 23
    As a follow-up to my query re: blistering finish on the wheels of my '07 iS 250, I emailed the service manager at the dealership and got a quick reply back saying that they would replace all 4 alloys - and they did. What I found surprisiing was that they just took my word for it without even asking to see the wheels first. Now that's service!
  • Options
    zarbadzarbad Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I've got the exact same issue with my car which is only 35,000km.
    Who is the agent who replaced the screen for you for free I'm in Dubai the agent here is Al Futaim motors.
    Thx a lot for sharing your experience
    Zaidoun
  • Options
    ingarage1ingarage1 Member Posts: 1
    Lords the problem of the dashboard sticky has plagued me too for some time.
    I asked the cost of a new dashboard UNBEARABLE!
    I asked the owner of a car wash the cost to solve the problem 300 EURO!
    I thought the use of a degreaser and put so pasienza to remove all that sticky substance from the dashboard to bring my car to the state of a car of the early eighties!

I found this product STARDUST!

http://cgi.ebay.it/STICKY-DASHBOARD-CAR-CLEANER-SPRAY-RENEW-INSTRUMENT-PANEL-RIN- NOVA-CRUSCOTTO-/180732101651?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item2a14790413#

Today my car and as I had bought with half an hour of work.

sincerely
  • Options
    fkongfkong Member Posts: 11
    Hello all. Just got an IS350 w/ F-Sport package and Nav about 3 weeks ago on a lease, with less than 800 miles on the car. But the steering wheel seems off-centered. Did anyone suffer from this? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :confuse:
  • Options
    kc567567kc567567 Member Posts: 29
    The car would come from the manuf. perfectly aligned ..... so either someone hit a curb parking or something more serious happened at the front end. Either way, take it to the dealer and make sure your concerns are noted on the invoice ..... that's for your protection. Look for uneven tire wear .... might be a bit early to spot anything but check anyway. While there go to the showroom and check the steering wheel alignment of cars on the floor.

Let us know what happens.... most dealers are good about helping customers ... why not, it keeps u coming back.

KC
  • Options
    fkongfkong Member Posts: 11
    Got back from the dealer this afternoon. They say the steering is fine. But the sensitivity of the steering could cause me to think the steering is off-centered. They also said that when I take it in for the 1k service, if I still think it is off-centered, they will have someone go with me so I can show them what's up. I sure hope it's the sensitivity of the steering. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    I own a 2008 Lexus IS 250. I've owned it since late 2009. Just brought my car in for an oil change and they said I need new front brakes. They showed me the pads and I guess they looked low compared to a model they had of new pads. I had my front pads replaced 6/12/11 and it's now Oct 2012. It looks like they wrote my mileage on the receipt, but I'm not positive (it's listed under license No, but it's obv not my license #)...40,815...my mileage now is a little over 50k...I thought brake pads should last closer to 30,000 miles?? I found it interesting when I first was told I needed new brakes that I got, not only different price quotes for the repairs, but that each shop (local mechanics, midas, etc) told me that I needed different things. Some said just front brakes, some said front and back. Some said new rotors or rotor resurfacing, some just pads...Called the dealer who put the pads on in 2011 and said it seems kinda soon to need new pads and he said to bring it in and he'd take a look at it. Any advice?
    Also, after reading the tips on brakes on this website, one article said you can wait until you hear a squeeking noise from the metal in the pads, which is there to tell you it's time to replace. Another article said you should try to time it before that happens...any suggestions?
  • Options
    gvbgvb Member Posts: 45
    I was just told by someone in the service department that Lexus no longer makes car covers for their vehicles??? Is that true? Not everyone has a garage to park in when going to work. Anyone else have trouble finding a car cover?
  • Options
    cspeer2007cspeer2007 Member Posts: 1
    bought a 2007 IS250 to do me the rest of my life. About 3 months ago holes started coming in my dash. I called Corp Lexus had the dealership send pictures. They decided to not replace my dash, because I had not had my service done at the dealership. It is some very crappy material that the dash is made out of or holes would not come in the dash. I have never had a car do this. I recommend not paying the high price for a Lexus, get something else a little Cheaper
    I have spent my hard money for a nice car that has holes in the dash. Can't sell it or trade it; I strongly recommend buy anything other than a Lexus much cheaper car that is built of better material
    I feel Corp Lexus should replace mydash regardless where it was serviced
  • Options
    ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I had that on my (now sold) 2006 IS. It was 'sort of' a hole...there were cracks that developed and little chunks fell out making little holes.

Funny thing (not really) they started to appear almost the instant my CPO warranty expired :) I don't think it would have been covered anyway...

I'm in a hot southern state so I thought maybe it needed a sun-shade, that I didn't use, or some type of conditioning. There was no real warning...they just appeared one day.

I tried to search online for some type of epoxy, but couldn't find anything that would work.
  • Options
    pup3pup3 Member Posts: 4

The pad compound is softer due to the lack of asbestos.

The average in LA stop & go driving is approx 10K to 12K .. now this is AVERAGE

I have seen people get 2 to 3X as much and I have seen people get as little as 8K..

Most higher end manufacturers' have an adjustment period of 12 months or 12K from when the car was originally delivered (the original in service date)
    IF the brakes have problems but NOT due to wear MOST manufacturers' will replace the brakes under warranty BUT ONLY IF THERE IS A MANUFACTURING DEFECT, NOT FOR WEAR.
    Pulsation, warped rotors and horendous brake squeal (if verified) will ususally be "covered" but again, it depends upon the manufacturer.

Pads usually need to be ABOVE 50% remaining for the manufacturer to 'step up' and replace them under the 12/12 warranty.

But for xcessive brake dust ... I highly doubt it.

But like I tell my girls ... "If you don't ask .. You don't get"

GOOD LUCK

• Options
    pup3pup3 Member Posts: 4
    Years ago my wife's 06 is250 had excessive brake dust. The dealer changed out the pads without quibble and without charge. Still using the same pads without dust and work fine.