Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous

1777879808183»

Comments

• logansqr773logansqr773 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, 6 yrs later n here I'am having this same issue.
    Don't knw if u guys still visit this website but, i sure do hope so.
    Just wondering if anyone ever found a solution... I have the exact same problem as @ragerrl...
  • j_hall88j_hall88 Member Posts: 1
    Same issues began to run hot so I replaced thermostat and flushed system. No visable leaks. But I keep getting air in system I bleed air out and it runs fine for a while. Start it back up a couple hours later and it does the same thing. Someday I can drive it 35 miles to work and it will do fine after It overheats and I bleed air out. No smoke from tail pipe or coolant in oil either.
  • jhapp1990jhapp1990 Member Posts: 2
    Okay so I am new to this site as far as posting. I am in quite the pickle with my wife's 2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL. It blew a head gasket about a year ago and I got a motor for it. I installed the motor and engine wiring harness just fine. I thought. Then I noticed that the ground wires are not hooked up to anything and are missing there clamps. Do I found a rendezvous that was being parted out and obtained a wiring harness. Now, my problem lies here: I took the old harness out without marking where stuff plugs in at. I have the alldata for this car but I just cannot understand the wiring diagrams and I need pics of how to route the harness in the engine bay. Can someone please assist me here? We absolutely must have a second vehicle as soon as possible. I would love descriptive pics of how to hook up harness...I will add photos in the morning.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    One option is to get the factory service manual for the Rendezvous. This will have explicit instructions for connections on the various components on the engine with diagrams. The closest I can find is the
    2001 Rendezvous manual set on Ebay for $65 including slow media mail shipping. I would guess for 10-15 more dollars the books go into a medium size USPS mail box for expedited delivery-Priority Mail, where weight doesn't matter.

Or buy them if available from Helminc.com.

The same diagrams should be in AllData, but I'm not certain that they are. I've used
    Alldata free at my public library and found it arranged differently. More organized toward
    helping mechanics troubleshoot and diagnose.

Some limited diagrams show individual components connections on websites,
    but are difficult to navigate and find.
    http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/000323MB02-011.JPG

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,