Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• nyny10nyny10 Member Posts: 9
    Michaell said:

nyny10 said:

Leasing Audi S4, Premium Plus, with Tech package, 19" wheel/tire package, black nappa leather, Mythos metallic black, auto, 12k miles per year, no money down, first month's payment due, Audi care included in lease. Paying $750/mo for 36 mos. (includes all taxes and fees)..Also, they picked up my last two months on my current lease ($425/mo-$850).opinions?

What is the MSRP and selling price?
    I don't have that information in front of me. Just looking for opinions on the bottom line: $750/mo. That is the most important #, the end result. All the other #'s are secondary.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    nyny10 said:

Michaell said:

nyny10 said:

Leasing Audi S4, Premium Plus, with Tech package, 19" wheel/tire package, black nappa leather, Mythos metallic black, auto, 12k miles per year, no money down, first month's payment due, Audi care included in lease. Paying $750/mo for 36 mos. (includes all taxes and fees)..Also, they picked up my last two months on my current lease ($425/mo-$850).opinions?

What is the MSRP and selling price?
    I don't have that information in front of me. Just looking for opinions on the bottom line: $750/mo. That is the most important #, the end result. All the other #'s are secondary.
    Without them, I can't comment on the strength of your deal. Dealer could be marking up the MF on you for more profit, or hiding extra fees in the cap cost that are unnecessary.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cchan383cchan383 Member Posts: 9
    Hello, could you please tell me the April 2015 money factor and residual rates for a 2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus 36/10k? Thank you for your help as I am trying to verify numbers with dealer.
    cchan383 said:

Hello, could you please tell me the April 2015 money factor and residual rates for a 2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus 36/10k? Thank you for your help as I am trying to verify numbers with dealer.

.00061 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thank you so much! I believe my dealer must be doing something incorrect with the math. They quoted me $679.95 for 36/10k with $0 down. The first month payment is also covered by Audi as part of the Audi promotion. The figures are $55,975 MSRP, $51,500 base selling price, $1,260 in added fees (registration, title, doc fees etc), $1,500 cap cost reduction (Audi loyalty rebate), Residual value $31,346, MA Sales tax 6.25%. When I calculate the lease with these numbers, I come out $641.28 a month. Could you please verify these figures for me if you have time? Again, very much appreciated as this is the first time I have leased a car. Always have purchased in the past.
    cchan383 said:

Thank you so much! I believe my dealer must be doing something incorrect with the math. They quoted me $679.95 for 36/10k with $0 down. The first month payment is also covered by Audi as part of the Audi promotion. The figures are $55,975 MSRP, $51,500 base selling price, $1,260 in added fees (registration, title, doc fees etc), $1,500 cap cost reduction (Audi loyalty rebate), Residual value $31,346, MA Sales tax 6.25%. When I calculate the lease with these numbers, I come out $641.28 a month. Could you please verify these figures for me if you have time? Again, very much appreciated as this is the first time I have leased a car. Always have purchased in the past.

Well ... I'm getting the exact same number you are ($641.28/mo). I suspect the dealer is using a different net cap cost than we are ($51,260). Ask them about it and have them explain why it may be different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you
  • gurds7gurds7 Member Posts: 28
    Do you know what the residual and MF are for a 2015 S4 Premium Plus Manual for April? I am looking at 10k and 12k.

Thanks!
    gurds7 said:

Do you know what the residual and MF are for a 2015 S4 Premium Plus Manual for April? I am looking at 10k and 12k.

Thanks!

.00061 and 55% for 36/12. Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• obmtoobmto Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2015
    I am also in the market to lease an S4 after my Accord got totaled. Had an offer after a test drive of $52,000 down from a MSRP of $57,075. Residual value on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles a year is $30,249.75 and monthly payments after tax is $734.81 after $1750 upfront. If my calculations are correct that is a residual value of 53% and money factor of 0.00171 (4.1% APR). I feel like the money factor is a touch too high. Any thoughts on what I should be getting?
    obmto said:

I am also in the market to lease an S4 after my Accord got totaled. Had an offer after a test drive of $52,000 down from a MSRP of $57,075. Residual value on a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles a year is $30,249.75 and monthly payments after tax is $734.81 after $1750 upfront. If my calculations are correct that is a residual value of 53% and money factor of 0.00171 (4.1% APR). I feel like the money factor is a touch too high. Any thoughts on what I should be getting?

Base MF on the S4 is .00061, 36/15 residual is 53% for the Premium Plus trim level.

With those numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $654.35/mo before tax. Not sure of your tax rate, but $734 does seem a bit high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

obmto said:

Base MF on the S4 is .00061, 36/15 residual is 53% for the Premium Plus trim level.

With those numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $654.35/mo before tax. Not sure of your tax rate, but $734 does seem a bit high.
    Thanks for the numbers and for the help. I will try the dealer to see if he can get me those numbers, otherwise I will find another one. Fortunately the Philadelphia area has plenty.
    Thanks again for those numbers, they really helped accelerate the negotiations.

Here is what I worked out with my dealer so far: MSRP is $59,220. Selling price $53630. 36 month lease. 12,000 miles a year. 9 security deposits brings money factor to 0.00016 and a residual of 55%. $1,000 down. Payment comes to about $620 a month after tax. April incentive covers first payment. I think I did okay for this deal, only issue being the $1,000 down. Reason I did that was the dealer offered to come down more on the selling price if I did.

My question is the New Audi Customer incentive. I have the title of an Acura showing it belongs to my household. Problem is the registration is currently at another place. Can I still qualify for this incentive (I know I should ask my dealer, but they're close and I'm too antsy, lol)? This incentive would bring down the monthly to $592 after tax.

Also, anyone think I can push for free Audi Care? And is it true adding Audi Care adds 1% to the residual?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    obmto said:

Thanks again for those numbers, they really helped accelerate the negotiations.

Here is what I worked out with my dealer so far: MSRP is $59,220. Selling price $53630. 36 month lease. 12,000 miles a year. 9 security deposits brings money factor to 0.00016 and a residual of 55%. $1,000 down. Payment comes to about $620 a month after tax. April incentive covers first payment. I think I did okay for this deal, only issue being the $1,000 down. Reason I did that was the dealer offered to come down more on the selling price if I did.

My question is the New Audi Customer incentive. I have the title of an Acura showing it belongs to my household. Problem is the registration is currently at another place. Can I still qualify for this incentive (I know I should ask my dealer, but they're close and I'm too antsy, lol)? This incentive would bring down the monthly to $592 after tax.

Also, anyone think I can push for free Audi Care? And is it true adding Audi Care adds 1% to the residual?

AudiCare is $829 retail. It's not like throwing in a $100 set of floor mats. It does add 1% to the residual, so even at MSRP, your actual cost is $237.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

AudiCare is $829 retail. It's not like throwing in a $100 set of floor mats. It does add 1% to the residual, so even at MSRP, your actual cost is $237.

Yeah, I'm still going to get AudiCare regardless if the dealer is willing to throw it in.

Also, does anyone know how many security deposits I can put down. The dealer said I can put 9 down (reducing the money factor by 0.00045), but I read somewhere I can put up to 10.
    obmto said:
    Yeah, I'm still going to get AudiCare regardless if the dealer is willing to throw it in. Also, does anyone know how many security deposits I can put down. The dealer said I can put 9 down (reducing the money factor by 0.00045), but I read somewhere I can put up to 10.
    Not 100% certain but I've heard a maximum of 9 for Audi as well. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

obmto said:

kyfdx said:

Yeah, I'm still going to get AudiCare regardless if the dealer is willing to throw it in.

Also, does anyone know how many security deposits I can put down. The dealer said I can put 9 down (reducing the money factor by 0.00045), but I read somewhere I can put up to 10.
    I think the dealer is correct on the MSD program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• charlie_mangocharlie_mango Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease an S4 this month (premium plus, 36 months, 7500 miles). Would be grateful for MF and RV info.

Looking to lease an S4 this month (premium plus, 36 months, 7500 miles). Would be grateful for MF and RV info.

.00061 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• deaddogdeaddog Member Posts: 60
    Can I get the MF and residual on a 24 month 10,000 mile lease for a 2015 S4? Also, will it be different for a 2014 S4 and, if so, can I have that as well? Finally, does Audi do a single upfront payment type of lease and if so what are the numbers for that?

Thanks very much
    deaddog said:

Can I get the MF and residual on a 24 month 10,000 mile lease for a 2015 S4? Also, will it be different for a 2014 S4 and, if so, can I have that as well? Finally, does Audi do a single upfront payment type of lease and if so what are the numbers for that?

Thanks very much

.00061 and 63% for S4 Premium Plus.

No support on 2014 Audis.

MF would be .00005 for pre-paid leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pamck4pamck4 Member Posts: 7
    Hi. Can I get the Money Factor and residual for a 2015 S4 Premium Plus for May? Thanks in advance.
    pamck4 said:

Hi. Can I get the Money Factor and residual for a 2015 S4 Premium Plus for May? Thanks in advance.

The April numbers expire today (5/4/15):

.00061 and 53% for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pamck4pamck4 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. Is it better to wait for the new month or try to lock in the April rates? I assume the May rates will be released tomorrow?
    pamck4 said:

Thanks. Is it better to wait for the new month or try to lock in the April rates? I assume the May rates will be released tomorrow?

Flip a coin.

Yes, the dealer will have the May rates tomorrow; it may be a day or two after that before we get them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I signed a lease agreement for a S4 two weeks ago and the Audi finance staff said I should get a package in the mail to setup my monthly lease payments. I still haven't gotten anything yet and I don't want to miss my first payment; how long does this usually take?
    obmto said:

I signed a lease agreement for a S4 two weeks ago and the Audi finance staff said I should get a package in the mail to setup my monthly lease payments. I still haven't gotten anything yet and I don't want to miss my first payment; how long does this usually take?

Reach out to the finance person you worked with at the dealer; they should be able to provide an update on the status of your paperwork.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ctchooeyctchooey Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I wanted to see what the May rates are for the S4 (both premium plus and prestige). It would be for 36 months and 12k per year. Thanks.
    ctchooey said:

Hi, I wanted to see what the May rates are for the S4 (both premium plus and prestige). It would be for 36 months and 12k per year. Thanks.

.00061 MF and 55% residual for Premium+, Subtract 3% for Prestige

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vda2006vda2006 Member Posts: 2
    Hi

Great info on this forum.  I recently began negotiating a deal on a 2015 S4 for a 42 month lease at 10k per year.  The dealer is telling me the mf is 0.00141 for 42 months which seems high in comparison to the pages I've read through on here.  Would anyone be able to confirm?
    vda2006 said:

Hi

Great info on this forum.  I recently began negotiating a deal on a 2015 S4 for a 42 month lease at 10k per year.  The dealer is telling me the mf is 0.00141 for 42 months which seems high in comparison to the pages I've read through on here.  Would anyone be able to confirm?

42/10 numbers for the S4 (premium plus) are .00081 and 52% ... dealer is marking up the MF on you for more profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nesrocknesrock Member Posts: 10
    Can you give me money factor on a s4 prestige manual for 36 months for may 2015? Are there any incentives?
    nesrock said:

Can you give me money factor on a s4 prestige manual for 36 months for may 2015? Are there any incentives?

.00061 and 50% for 36/15. No lease incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• electrofreakelectrofreak Member Posts: 6
    I've custom ordered a 2015 S4 premium plus for a price of $56765. I'm planning a 15k/36mon lease. Pick-up is on-track for the end of June (currently, could change, who knows).

What is the current MF and residual for this currently?

My dealer initially quoted me around $558/mon with a $8500 trade-in, 54% res. Since then I decided the trade-in value wasn't good enough, and decided to sell the old car on my own (after pick-up). But with their numbers, I ran some calculations, and for some reason I cannot get the $558 with 8500 down., I always get higher. So, I just don't understand what is happening here.

My goal is to keep the payments under $650, so I want to figure out how much cash to put down. This proves to be difficult since I can't even get the initial numbers.

I've custom ordered a 2015 S4 premium plus for a price of $56765. I'm planning a 15k/36mon lease. Pick-up is on-track for the end of June (currently, could change, who knows).

What is the current MF and residual for this currently?

My dealer initially quoted me around $558/mon with a $8500 trade-in, 54% res. Since then I decided the trade-in value wasn't good enough, and decided to sell the old car on my own (after pick-up). But with their numbers, I ran some calculations, and for some reason I cannot get the $558 with 8500 down., I always get higher. So, I just don't understand what is happening here.

My goal is to keep the payments under $650, so I want to figure out how much cash to put down. This proves to be difficult since I can't even get the initial numbers.

S4 P+ 36/15 - .00061 and 53%

We do not recommend using trade equity or cash down to lower your payment ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Usually, 4-6% off sticker is a good deal for Audi ... if you can get the selling price down 5% to $53,927, then your pre-tax payment would be $662.57. Every $1000 down reduces your pre-tax payment about $28/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• basspro2basspro2 Member Posts: 7
    Recently worked a deal as follows:
    Msrp 56,775
    Neg (9%) 51,665 + audicare 829(full price)= 52,494
    Cap red: 1,500
    Cap addition: 1,137.50 (695+300+142.5)
    Term 36 mos
    MF: .00016 (I was told that there were max of 9 MSDs but that person may be wrong)
    Residual: 56 (55 + 1 for audicare)
    Monthly $637.75 (includes 2,126.01 in taxes @ 4.05%).

Dealer accepted but I think I screwed up by not adding Audi care into the msrp. Could someone check it over? Also, I don't know how much I will pay for each MSD.

Thank you
    edited May 2015
    basspro2 said:

Recently worked a deal as follows:
    Msrp 56,775
    Neg (9%) 51,665 + audicare 829(full price)= 52,494
    Cap red: 1,500
    Cap addition: 1,137.50 (695+300+142.5)
    Term 36 mos
    MF: .00016 (I was told that there were max of 9 MSDs but that person may be wrong)
    Residual: 56 (55 + 1 for audicare)
    Monthly $637.75 (includes 2,126.01 in taxes @ 4.05%).

Dealer accepted but I think I screwed up by not adding Audi care into the msrp. Could someone check it over? Also, I don't know how much I will pay for each MSD.

Thank you

They don't add AudiCare into the MSRP... But, it does raise the residual.
    That does look like the maximum reduction for MSDS (from .00061 to .00016, 9 X .00005).

Each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up... So, 9 X $650 = $5850. That's pretty important to know.

Looks like you did well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

We do not recommend using trade equity or cash down to lower your payment ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Usually, 4-6% off sticker is a good deal for Audi ... if you can get the selling price down 5% to $53,927, then your pre-tax payment would be $662.57. Every $1000 down reduces your pre-tax payment about $28/mo.

I should look at using MSD instead? The outline that Basspro2 just posted looks pretty good. Is it correct that I get the MSD back at the end of the lease?

Also, do you have any tips for me negotiating down the price? Up until recently, I was under the impression that MSRP was pretty much what I had to pay for a custom order, but I recently learned that I should be able to negotiate my price down closer to Invoice (I estimate that a negotiation down to near ~53500 would be pretty good). How can I best talk the price down between now and delivery, or at delivery itself? Doesn't seem like I have much leverage, since they can likely sell the car pretty easily if I claim I can walk away-- it's beautiful.

Michaell said:

I should look at using MSD instead? The outline that Basspro2 just posted looks pretty good. Is it correct that I get the MSD back at the end of the lease?

Also, do you have any tips for me negotiating down the price? Up until recently, I was under the impression that MSRP was pretty much what I had to pay for a custom order, but I recently learned that I should be able to negotiate my price down closer to Invoice (I estimate that a negotiation down to near ~53500 would be pretty good). How can I best talk the price down between now and delivery, or at delivery itself? Doesn't seem like I have much leverage, since they can likely sell the car pretty easily if I claim I can walk away-- it's beautiful.
    Yes, we prefer MSD versus straight cash down. You lower the MF and the money is returned to you at the end of the lease (or rolled over as MSD on your next Audi lease ... which is what the dealer wants).

You should absolutely try to negotiate the selling price, even on a custom order. As noted above, 4-6% off sticker is pretty good. @basspro2 got 9% off; I might have to find out how he did so well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• basspro2basspro2 Member Posts: 7
    Michaell thank you for looking it over. I recalculated with and without audicare and audicare ended up costing $307 when worked into lease. Is that correct?

Thank you
    edited May 2015
    Michaell said:

Yes, we prefer MSD versus straight cash down. You lower the MF and the money is returned to you at the end of the lease (or rolled over as MSD on your next Audi lease ... which is what the dealer wants).

You should absolutely try to negotiate the selling price, even on a custom order. As noted above, 4-6% off sticker is pretty good. @basspro2 got 9% off; I might have to find out how he did so well.

Yes, that is quite good negotiating. Is it best to negotiate these things before the pick-up/paper signing date? Or is it OK to go into pick-up and find some point to negotiate the price down? Mine is a custom order.

Michaell said:

Yes, that is quite good negotiating. Is it best to negotiate these things before the pick-up/paper signing date? Or is it OK to go into pick-up and find some point to negotiate the price down? Mine is a custom order.
    When we bought our Outback in February we had to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive at the dealership (not a custom order, just one that the dealer had coming onto the lot). We didn't negotiate anything until the vehicle had arrived.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 516teddy516teddy Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2015
    how does this deal sound? 3950 down 699 a month 36/15k
    premium plus Daytona gray 19 inch wheels tech package sports diff carbon inlays Audi care
    msrp 56,000.

I know I don't have all of the information, I left it at my office like an idiot but does that sound like an okay deal? what should/could I counter with?
    516teddy said:

premium plus Daytona gray 19 inch wheels tech package sports diff carbon inlays Audi care
    msrp 56,000.

I know I don't have all of the information, I left it at my office like an idiot but does that sound like an okay deal? what should/could I counter with?

Without the details, we would just be guessing..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 516teddy516teddy Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:

516teddy said:

msrp 56,000.

Without the details, we would just be guessing..
    I Figured
  • jmx213jmx213 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at an 2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus. Here's the info:

MSRP: 50,770
    Adjusted Price: 44,224.80
    After fees: $45,433.18

$2,000 down

36 Months 12,000 miles
    Monthly Payment: $574

MF: .00096
    Residual: 55%
    Tax: 7%

Does this sound good?
    jmx213 said:

Looking at an 2015 Audi S4 Premium Plus. Here's the info:

MSRP: 50,770
    Adjusted Price: 44,224.80
    After fees: $45,433.18

$2,000 down

36 Months 12,000 miles
    Monthly Payment: $574

MF: .00096
    Residual: 55%
    Tax: 7%

Does this sound good?

36/12 numbers for the S4 Prem + are .00061 and 55%. Your dealer is marking up the MF on you.

Using your MSRP and after fees price, with the base MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $531.12. 7% tax takes the payment to $568, so pretty close to your quote.

However, my calculations have $0 down - what is the breakdown of the $2000 up front the dealer is asking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dealer said they could go 0 down but were firm on the .00096 MF. Said they could go no lower.
    jmx213 said:

Dealer said they could go 0 down but were firm on the .00096 MF. Said they could go no lower.

Might be time to contact another Audi dealer. No way would I pay a marked up MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you