Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Lexus NX Lease Questions

Comments

• theduff5000theduff5000 Member Posts: 4
    One more question (see a few comments above this one). What are your numbers for a four year lease? I appreciate your help on this.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

One more question (see a few comments above this one). What are your numbers for a four year lease? I appreciate your help on this.

48/10 residual is 54%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    .00130 MF and complimentary 1st payment

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• theduff5000theduff5000 Member Posts: 4
    I am sorry, Michaell. I meant to ask for monthly payment for a 4 year lease based on those numbers.

Thank you.

I am sorry, Michaell. I meant to ask for monthly payment for a 4 year lease based on those numbers.

Thank you.

$392.91/mo for 48 months with your numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• borusik83borusik83 Member Posts: 54
    Does anyone know if gap insurance is included in lease for Lexus? Just like it does in BMW.
  • maverickflmaverickfl Member Posts: 2

Can you help me evaluate this deal?
    MSRP $36,188.00
    Sales Price $34,998.00
    Tax $2,187.38
    License, Reg, Fees $260.69

Residual is 63%. I do not know the MF. Term is 36 months. 10k miles/year. Down payment is $1,000. Monthly payment is $538.25.

I would like to not pay anything down and get the monthly payment to around $470. Any chance of that happening?

I am in Florida. This is a good size dealer that, according to them, moves about 10 NX's a day. I just got a 27 month, 15k miles/yr 0 down lease on a base NX for 460/mo all in. So yes, I would say your expectations are absolutely do-able.
  • maverickflmaverickfl Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention they made my last two lease payments on my Cadillac SRX too, nearly another 1k, so you should be able to do even better.
  • dolce8dolce8 Member Posts: 1
    Maverickfl!!! That is an incredible deal... Almost too good to be true. Could you please share some more details...
    Model- features (was it fsport or just base?)
    MSRP
    Residual 
    money Factor

this info would be really helpful-thanks! 

• heard006heard006 Member Posts: 49
    Can you help me with this deal for my friend in Minnesota? It seems really bad to me. Also, how is the Adjusted Cap cost $6,500 higher than the Initial Cap cost (aka Sales price)---is that just profit they are adding?

2015 NXT 200

48/15k
    MSRP: $36,328
    Initial Cap cost: $35,250
    Adj CAP: $41,750
    MF: .00180
    Residual: 53%
    Residual Value: $19,253
    Tax rate: 7.125%
    Total Tax: $1,516
    Lic/Doc Fees: $559
    Tax/Title/Acq: $760.75
    Monthly Payment: $578

Thanks!
    heard006 said:

Can you help me with this deal for my friend in Minnesota? It seems really bad to me. Also, how is the Adjusted Cap cost $6,500 higher than the Initial Cap cost (aka Sales price)---is that just profit they are adding?

2015 NXT 200

48/15k
    MSRP: $36,328
    Initial Cap cost: $35,250
    Adj CAP: $41,750
    MF: .00180
    Residual: 53%
    Residual Value: $19,253
    Tax rate: 7.125%
    Total Tax: $1,516
    Lic/Doc Fees: $559
    Tax/Title/Acq: $760.75
    Monthly Payment: $578

Thanks!

Let's see .. MF is marked up (base MF is .00130 this month). Does MN tax the entire lease up front? If so, that could be added to the initial cap cost, but I can't see $6500 worth of taxes and fees, so something is up with that.

Ask the dealer for a detailed breakdown of how they went from the initial cap cost to the adjusted cap cost - every last dollar.

I think the dealer is counting on the fact that there aren't many Lexus dealers in MN and they can charge whatever they can get away with. Try a dealer in Chicago - it might be worth the drive to save a few thousand on a lease from a dealer there.

Competition is good for you as the consumer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nxdunxdu Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently shopping for an F Sport. Can you help me to see if this is normal money factor for this deal in Texas? Does the MF change from state to state? Thanks!

2015 NXT 200 F Sport

36/15k
    MSRP: $43983
    Adj CAP: $46015
    MF: .0023
    Residual: 60%
    Residual Value: $26,389
    Tax rate: 6.25%

nxdu said:

I'm currently shopping for an F Sport. Can you help me to see if this is normal money factor for this deal in Texas? Does the MF change from state to state? Thanks!

2015 NXT 200 F Sport

36/15k
    MSRP: $43983
    Adj CAP: $46015
    MF: .0023
    Residual: 60%
    Residual Value: $26,389
    Tax rate: 6.25%

The base MF for the NX is .00130 for top tier credit; dealer is allowed to mark it up, but that seems a bit excessive.

With your numbers and the base MF, I get a payment of $639.27/mo - taxing the entire selling price really kills a lease deal in Texas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kal_makal_ma Member Posts: 15
    I see in some previous posts that there was a $2500 lease cash special. Is this still going on for April?
    kal_ma said:

I see in some previous posts that there was a $2500 lease cash special. Is this still going on for April?

No lease cash on the NX in April.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kal_makal_ma Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Michaell! Another quick question.... do you know what the residual should be for a 24mo/15K lease? I am looking at a NX 200t AWD 'basic' model (sunroof, heated seats, preferred package) in MA.
    kal_ma said:

Thanks Michaell! Another quick question.... do you know what the residual should be for a 24mo/15K lease? I am looking at a NX 200t AWD 'basic' model (sunroof, heated seats, preferred package) in MA.

24/15 - 69% and .00130

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jayb82jayb82 Member Posts: 19
    Can you please provide the RV & MF April numbers in NJ for AWD 24 mo 10,12 &15 mi?
    jayb82 said:

Can you please provide the RV & MF April numbers in NJ for AWD 24 mo 10,12 &15 mi?

.00130 MF and 72%/71%/69% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    Are those number the same in NC? Is there a 30 month option?
    ledname said:

Are those number the same in NC? Is there a 30 month option?

The Lexus numbers are national.

Subtract 4% from the 24 month residual for 30 month lease terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gvillegagvillega Member Posts: 27
    Whats the current MF and Residual in Florida. For both the NX 200t base and the fsport
  • gvillegagvillega Member Posts: 27
    Sorry forgot to add 24 month/10k miles per year and 36 month /10k miles per year
    gvillega said:

Whats the current MF and Residual in Florida. For both the NX 200t base and the fsport

gvillega said:

Sorry forgot to add 24 month/10k miles per year and 36 month /10k miles per year

71% / 62% and .00130

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jfbruinjfbruin Member Posts: 14
    Here's the deal my dealership is proposing for me:

I'm turning in my fully loaded 2013 RX 350 with 36,000 miles. I have 6 months left on a 36 mo. lease, $600/mo., put $0 down, 12,000 miles a year (I will obviously be way over the 36k mileage limit at the end of the term). Despite the mileage, it seems like I have some equity. MSRP was like $48k with 60% residual. KBB trade-in value of app. $33k.

NX 200t F Sport, loaded MSRP of $45,530
    $0 out the door (tax, title, license, etc. rolled in)
    MF .0013
    Residual 60%
    36/15k
    $600/mo. (after tax)
    I haven't seen all the numbers yet, but he said this is based on $400 under invoice.

Thoughts? Think I can do better, perhaps leveraging equity in the RX?
    jfbruin said:

Here's the deal my dealership is proposing for me:

I'm turning in my fully loaded 2013 RX 350 with 36,000 miles. I have 6 months left on a 36 mo. lease, $600/mo., put $0 down, 12,000 miles a year (I will obviously be way over the 36k mileage limit at the end of the term). Despite the mileage, it seems like I have some equity. MSRP was like $48k with 60% residual. KBB trade-in value of app. $33k.

NX 200t F Sport, loaded MSRP of $45,530
    $0 out the door (tax, title, license, etc. rolled in)
    MF .0013
    Residual 60%
    36/15k
    $600/mo. (after tax)
    I haven't seen all the numbers yet, but he said this is based on $400 under invoice.

Thoughts? Think I can do better, perhaps leveraging equity in the RX?

.0013 MF and 60% residual are correct.

If the CAP cost is the same as MSRP, I get $595/mo.

Not knowing the selling price, your state or tax rate, not much else to go on..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This is in CA, sales tax rate is 8%. I'll found the rest, but CAP cost of MSRP sounds about right.
    CAP cost is $43,430.
    jfbruin said:

CAP cost is $43,430.

$540/mo.+tax or about $583/mo.

Not far off of $600/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    I'd like to request May 2015 Residual/MF for NX200t F-sport for 36mo./10k and 36mo/7.5k in Los Angeles.

Thank you!
    also any lease cash/incentives. thx
    mroctober said:

I'd like to request May 2015 Residual/MF for NX200t F-sport for 36mo./10k and 36mo/7.5k in Los Angeles.

Thank you!

.00130 MF and 63%/64% residual. No lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!
  • sunavisunavi Member Posts: 8
    Hello All,

I am getting a cost of 36k for the base NX200T AWD in Seattle, WA. Is it a good price point, I see the MSRP to be 36K and Invoice price to be 33.5k in US news. Is there a room to negotiate?

Thanks in Advance!
    sunavi said:

Hello All,

I am getting a cost of 36k for the base NX200T AWD in Seattle, WA. Is it a good price point, I see the MSRP to be 36K and Invoice price to be 33.5k in US news. Is there a room to negotiate?

Thanks in Advance!

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help with pricing information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thanks for the help. I am getting the quotes from different dealers at MSRP price, nothing below it. Is it common with lexus vehicles ?
    sunavi said:

thanks for the help. I am getting the quotes from different dealers at MSRP price, nothing below it. Is it common with lexus vehicles ?

No.. not common.. but, this is a brand-new model, in fairly high demand.

The advertised leases for the NX assume the price is at MSRP, as well..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thanks kyfdx and Michaell . I have started to see lexus rx 350 2016 model in news. I was wondering regarding the same for nx 200t, so if I could see a price reduction in 2015 nx 200t model. Any guesses regarding the 2016 nx 200t release ?
    sunavi said:

thanks kyfdx and Michaell . I have started to see lexus rx 350 2016 model in news. I was wondering regarding the same for nx 200t, so if I could see a price reduction in 2015 nx 200t model. Any guesses regarding the 2016 nx 200t release ?

Nope. The NX has not been out that long; I suspect it will be the fall before the 2016's are released.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thanks Michaell
  • ahcjianahcjian Member Posts: 3
    Hi Michaell,

I also need your help as well. I live in California. And I worry I will get played by the dealership...Please kindly assist me.

I am new to cars and currently have a lease maturing in this Friday.
    I want to know if I should roll into a new lease with NX because I really like the new NX or if I should buy the current IS250.

The currently lease is a 2013 IS250 white exterior, black and orange interior, and it's a limited edition with navigation.
    Current mileage is less than 17000.
    The MSRP is $35,065.00. The total including all the fees is $41151.00.
    On my lease contract, I pay $360.01 including taxes every month for 10,000 mile per year.
    The amount out of my pocket that day was $1860.00 including first month lease payment.
    The Cross Capitalized Cost is $37275.84 including Theft Code and $700 acquisition fee.
    The Capitalized Cost Reduction is $1640.40. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $35635.44. Residual Value is $28805.70. The depreciation and any amortized amounts is $6829.74. The rent charge is $2087.82.

First, how do I find out the MF value you all have talked about and the percentage of the residual value? (I don't know which numbers to use.)

Second, based on the information I provided, should I buy this car? Is it worth it?

Third, if I roll into a new lease with NX, the dealership told me I don't need to pay any fee out of my pocket again, ex: title, registration and license fee, acquisition fee, doc processing fee etc, Is that true? Or do they just say this to increase my payment?

Fourth, they told me they can give me $460 per month including taxes for White NX with Navigation with nothing else out of pocket. Is there a room to negotiate more or lower than $360 including tax per month? Since I don't see the car is more expensive than my IS250, I don't understand why the payment will be much higher....

Fifth, since I didn't use all the mileage in the contract, can I get some money back and put into the new contract? Or have a lower residual value to buy the car out?

I hope you can help me with these so before I go into the dealership, so I won't get played like a fool....

Thank you so much and greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
    Annie

edited May 2015
    ahcjian said:

Hi Michaell,

I also need your help as well. I live in California. And I worry I will get played by the dealership...Please kindly assist me.

I am new to cars and currently have a lease maturing in this Friday.
    I want to know if I should roll into a new lease with NX because I really like the new NX or if I should buy the current IS250.

The currently lease is a 2013 IS250 white exterior, black and orange interior, and it's a limited edition with navigation.
    Current mileage is less than 17000.
    The MSRP is $35,065.00. The total including all the fees is $41151.00.
    On my lease contract, I pay $360.01 including taxes every month for 10,000 mile per year.
    The amount out of my pocket that day was $1860.00 including first month lease payment.
    The Cross Capitalized Cost is $37275.84 including Theft Code and $700 acquisition fee.
    The Capitalized Cost Reduction is $1640.40. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $35635.44. Residual Value is $28805.70. The depreciation and any amortized amounts is $6829.74. The rent charge is $2087.82.

First, how do I find out the MF value you all have talked about and the percentage of the residual value? (I don't know which numbers to use.)

Second, based on the information I provided, should I buy this car? Is it worth it?

Third, if I roll into a new lease with NX, the dealership told me I don't need to pay any fee out of my pocket again, ex: title, registration and license fee, acquisition fee, doc processing fee etc, Is that true? Or do they just say this to increase my payment?

Fourth, they told me they can give me $460 per month including taxes for White NX with Navigation with nothing else out of pocket. Is there a room to negotiate more or lower than $360 including tax per month? Since I don't see the car is more expensive than my IS250, I don't understand why the payment will be much higher....

Fifth, since I didn't use all the mileage in the contract, can I get some money back and put into the new contract? Or have a lower residual value to buy the car out?

I hope you can help me with these so before I go into the dealership, so I won't get played like a fool....

Thank you so much and greatly appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
    Annie

A few questions to clarify ....

1. What lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for on the new lease?
    2. $35,065 is the MSRP of the NX, correct?
    3. How does the dealer go from $35,065 MSRP to the total of $41,151? Ask them for a full breakdown.
    4. The MF on the NX is .00130, which I suspect is much higher than the MF used in your current IS lease.
    5. Without knowing the information from (1) above, I cannot provide the residual value.

I think the NX will be a bit more expensive to lease than the IS, given the higher MF. But, we need to know and understand all the numbers to be sure.

Do not negotiate the monthly payment; instead, work to get the lowest selling price possible and understand all the taxes and fees that are being added. That is what will get you the lowest payment

Your current IS may be worth more than the buyout value - I suggest you head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion to get a fair appraisal. If you have equity, then you can use it to offset some of the up front costs of the new lease (acquisition fee, dealer fee, DMV costs, etc.), so those costs are not added into the new lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dear Michaell,

Please kindly see below.
    1. My commute per year is less than 6000 mile per year because I do live very close to work. So i don't need high mileage and the term I'm looking for is any. Very flexible. Because I don't really drive around.
    2. No. All the numbers you saw were for the IS250.
    3. Do I still need to ask for the full breakdown if these are for my current IS250?
    4. How do I calculate teh MF for 0.00130? The reason I am asking is I want to ask the dealer to give to me but i also want to make sure they didn't calculate it wrong.

Here are my questions:
    1. Lower selling price will be the Cross Capitalized Cost in the contract?
    2. I checked on the KBB, my current IS250 is about $26000 range which is lower than the residual value of $28805...so does it mean it's not worth to buy it?
    3. When you mentioned about the equity, does it mean because i didn't drive the full mileage for my current lease? So i can use that to negotiate my new lease but cannot negotiate the buyout residual value, correct?

Thank you so much for your help.
    ahcjian said:

Dear Michaell,

Please kindly see below.
    1. My commute per year is less than 6000 mile per year because I do live very close to work. So i don't need high mileage and the term I'm looking for is any. Very flexible. Because I don't really drive around.
    2. No. All the numbers you saw were for the IS250.
    3. Do I still need to ask for the full breakdown if these are for my current IS250?
    4. How do I calculate teh MF for 0.00130? The reason I am asking is I want to ask the dealer to give to me but i also want to make sure they didn't calculate it wrong.

Here are my questions:
    1. Lower selling price will be the Cross Capitalized Cost in the contract?
    2. I checked on the KBB, my current IS250 is about $26000 range which is lower than the residual value of $28805...so does it mean it's not worth to buy it?
    3. When you mentioned about the equity, does it mean because i didn't drive the full mileage for my current lease? So i can use that to negotiate my new lease but cannot negotiate the buyout residual value, correct?

Thank you so much for your help.

1. The selling price will be marked as the Gross Capitalized Cost; however, the Net Capitalized Cost is a more important number as that is what is used in the lease calculations. The Net Cap cost is the Gross Cap cost plus any taxes and fees you add into the lease (by not paying them up front) less any rebates or down payment you decide to make.
    2. Correct - if the current value of your IS is less than the residual value, it doesn't make sense to buy it at the end of the lease.
    3. Positive equity can occur for multiple reasons, including driving a small number of miles. You cannot negotiate the buyout residual, but if you decide to "trade" your car in rather than simply turn it in at the end of the lease, the positive equity can be applied to the new lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Dear Michaell,

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your help.
  • albert_einalbert_ein Member Posts: 2
    Hello all - can someone tell me the MF and residual for a 2015 Lexus NX F-Sport FWD 36 month/15K lease in the 92619 area code? Thanks!

Hello all - can someone tell me the MF and residual for a 2015 Lexus NX F-Sport FWD 36 month/15K lease in the 92619 area code? Thanks!

60% and .00130

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• boostvr4boostvr4 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for MF and residual 2 year 10k NX f sport in Maine. Michaell you've been a huge help. Thanks! 
    boostvr4 said:

Looking for MF and residual 2 year 10k NX f sport in Maine. Michaell you've been a huge help. Thanks! 

.00130 MF and 72% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• felijudofelijudo Member Posts: 8
    Hi, Im looking to lease the NX 200t F sport in Miami. I wanted to know more less what would be my payment. MSRP 45,000 36month/12k lease. What is the MF, RV? I would be ok putting a down payment of about 2-3k. I appreciate any help.