Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Which is Better?

nowayimjosenowayimjose Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Lexus
Today I am seeking advice on whether to buy the 09 Lexus IS250 or the 2011 verison. Both cars come with same features I assume. The color does not matter to me. but Price wise. Which is the better choice?
I am 18 & will be financing the car. I know insurance is going to be high but I am very comfortable with paying what I have to pay & keeping this car for 5 years or even forever If I can. Please tell me what you think.
No rude comments.
The 2009 has 87.6K Miles, Total Cost is 18,000. Est. Payments of 300/month/60 months, No warranty available
The 2011 has 93K Miles, Total cost is 20,000. Est. Pay of 335/month/60 months, 30 day warranty available from carmax.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

Today I am seeking advice on whether to buy the 09 Lexus IS250 or the 2011 verison. Both cars come with same features I assume. The color does not matter to me. but Price wise. Which is the better choice?
    I am 18 & will be financing the car. I know insurance is going to be high but I am very comfortable with paying what I have to pay & keeping this car for 5 years or even forever If I can. Please tell me what you think.
    No rude comments.
    The 2009 has 87.6K Miles, Total Cost is 18,000. Est. Payments of 300/month/60 months, No warranty available
    The 2011 has 93K Miles, Total cost is 20,000. Est. Pay of 335/month/60 months, 30 day warranty available from carmax.

When you are looking at used cars, what's important is how they were cared for.

All things being equal, the 2009 seems to be a better deal - less miles and lower cost.

Either way, I'd recommend that you have both cars checked out by a trusted mechanic before buying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4