Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Decent Adaptive Cruise, But Could Be Better - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Nissan
imageDecent Adaptive Cruise, But Could Be Better - 2015 Nissan Murano Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Nissan Murano offers optional adaptive cruise control and while it works well enough, we find out on a long road trip that sloppy factory settings could still be improved.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Agree - you should always be able to revert to regular cruise mode. Good post.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I'm hoping to see vast improvements in the adaptive/auto cruise/braking systems starting in 2016 cars. It still seems like more of a gimmick as opposed to a heavily used/relied on feature (which I believe will happen once perfected). I'm hoping that as manufacturers tweak,improve and gain confidence in their systems that they will allow speeds to increase and gaps to tighten.
  • locke42locke42 Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2015
    Does the Murano have stop-and-go adaptive cruise control? S&G ACC was a priority for me when I was shopping for my current car, but I didn't find any mainstream brands that offered it outside of Subaru's EyeSight. S&G ACC seemed to be a feature almost exclusive to luxury brands.
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Excellent entry, Jay! I'm sure this will be useful for anyone considering a 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum with Technology Package.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Acura offers "stop & go" ACC, although they call it "low speed follow."
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Somewhat upsetting that you can't revert to conventional cruise control.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    Nissan's styling is getting more and more nope lately.
  • vonnyvoncevonnyvonce Member Posts: 129
    Actually although I haven't tried it apparently you can cycle from Intelligent cruise control (ICC) to "regular cruise". As described in the "Quick Reference Guide" hold the cruise on/off button for longer than 1 second and the Intelligent functions goes away. Hold again for >1 second and intelligence comes back. I've found ICC works well but confess I'm learning some of the finer points. It is an "stop and go" cruise. It will take you down to 0 mph and if traffic starts moving again within 3 seconds it will accelerate appropriately. If you stay at 0 mph for > 3 seconds (I think) the intelligence stops and you must brake the car yourself. When traffic starts again flip the cruise to resume and the ICC takes over again.
    I've had my Platinum for ~ 2 weeks. Very comfortable, fine drivetrain, fine tunes, infotainment/nav etc I think is well thought out. The only thing I'm struggling to get is the Forward Emergency Braking as so far I've found it inconsistent. As soon as I can find a big empty cardboard box I'll experiment. I vaguely recall the "sensor" cannot detect vehicles that are stopped when you come upon them and that seems goofy. I approach cars already stopped at a red light and the FEB doesn't warn...don't get that but more research is needed.
    Was down to Sorento Limited and Murano Platinum. I liked them both a lot and struggled to decide but that the Murano was in stock in my colors (white/mocha) made it a bit simpler.