Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    slorenzen said:
    I remember when my sister had a G37 and I got to drive it when I was visiting. Truly intoxicating...but I'd be "assuming the position" over the hood of the car far too much were I to own such a beast...
    I managed an Infiniti Dealership from 2004-2008 and the most popular vehicles we sold were the G35 Sedans and Coupes.  Yes, Infiniti vehicles are not made for fuel efficiency - they are made for power, handling and styling.  I drove a 2004 G35 Sport Sedan for a year or so.  Fast and sharp styling at the time.

2021 Genesis G90

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,283
     My sister is currently driving a G 37 coupe. Yeah, I figure isn't necessarily the best vehicle in which to deliver pizzas, but I'm hoping to be  winding  that job down in A year or so 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,547
    so time the new car to cutting out the pizza gig, and it makes sense.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stickguy said:

so time the new car to cutting out the pizza gig, and it makes sense.

I'm down to three days a week at the moment ... would like to reduce it to two, just to keep some walking around money in my pocket. That way, I don't have to worry so much about the miles piling up.

(then again, I worked two extra shifts last week - a week ago Sunday and this past Saturday - and pulled in over $200 in tips between the two nights. That kind of jack is hard to walk away from. Heck, I earned almost $50 tonight.)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358

My college roomie is a PT, loves it. Makes a nice living, and, importantly, does good work.

When my wife and I were dating she was a Registered Dietician at a local hospital and one of her jobs was to teach a nutrition class for the PTs who were interning.

One year the PTs invited her to a graduation party. My wife told me she felt like she needed to go for at least a few minutes and apologized for me having to go with her. Anyway, we get there and my goes off and starts talking to a few of the PTs. After a few minutes a quite attractive PT comes over to me and she says, "We hung some mistletoe and none of the guys want to stand under it. Will you help us out?" This was in June mind you. Being the agreeable sort I accommodated the lovely young thing, as well as several other comely lasses. Repeatedly.

Until my future wife noticed; I explained that I was just being friendly, but that was the Last PT party we ever attended. :(:'(:(

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

kyfdx said:

Interstate on-ramps are addicting, though.. Who would have guessed that I'd drive over 100 MPH more often in my '50s than in my '20s?

Same here; since I dialed out the understeer of my MS3 it is just incredibly fast on an interstate on-ramp. Lift a bit and the car just rotates beautifully.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,429
    Michaell said:

Other then the poor gas mileage, somebody tell me why I shouldn't lease an Infiniti Q 40 all-wheel-drive when my lease is up 

Count me as a G37 er Q40 fan.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    edited May 2015
    My college roomie is a PT, loves it. Makes a nice living, and, importantly, does good work.
    When my wife and I were dating she was a Registered Dietician at a local hospital and one of her jobs was to teach a nutrition class for the PTs who were interning. One year the PTs invited her to a graduation party. My wife told me she felt like she needed to go for at least a few minutes and apologized for me having to go with her. Anyway, we get there and my goes off and starts talking to a few of the PTs. After a few minutes a quite attractive PT comes over to me and she says, "We hung some mistletoe and none of the guys want to stand under it. Will you help us out?" This was in June mind you. Being the agreeable sort I accommodated the lovely young thing, as well as several other comely lasses. Repeatedly. Until my future wife noticed; I explained that I was just being friendly, but that was the Last PT party we ever attended. :(:'(:(
    My wife is an RD as well. I can safely say that when we were dating she never took me to any parties like that.  Then again, after meeting some of her co-workers at the time, perhaps it was for the best!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    @Michaell - I just bookmarked that Q40 lease prices forum. People are reporting some insanely high discounts off sticker along with super cheapo money and mediocre residuals that makes attaining a 326 hp sedan very tempting. Even more so is the fact that my best friend knows the GM of an Infiniti dealership not too far from me that is always somewhere near the top 2 or 3 volume dealerships in the country. Every time he goes into the guy's office with a serious buyer (my friend won't just send someone to him to shop a number) they drive off the lot with a car that's crazy inexpensive.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Walk away from the Buffet table Bradd. Just walk away.

Why did I ever lease a car? All these other options that I know have to pass on. Recently had great offers pop up on an S60 and the new model ILX. And had to ignore them. rats.

stickguy said:

Why did I ever lease a car? All these other options that I know have to pass on. Recently had great offers pop up on an S60 and the new model ILX. And had to ignore them. rats.

Walk away? I can't go anywhere near that place with my 175 hp Legacy. 326 hp? Check please!

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    stickguy said:

Why? The security of a Sonata of course.....
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,385
    corvette said:

New neighbors have a newer Golf and a newer Passat, it may be hard to leave the VW family. :D I washed the Jetta tonight and ordered a set of wide-angle mirrors from ECS Tuning. Apparently, these are available as OEM in Europe (they have a VW part number). The GLI has a huge blind spot on the driver's side. I've tried adjusting the mirrors as recommended to reduce blind spots, but for some reason it's not working.

I really like the built-in blind spot mirrors Ford includes on most of their vehicles. GM started doing something similar on the Terrain/Equinox and the Traverse, but in typical GM fashion, they messed it up. Their newer pickups have a tiny little dot on the mirror which is too small to be effective--I think Edmunds has complained about it.

Let me add my (late) congrats on the house. Moving is always fun :open_mouth:

The SO and I are combining households so I know the fun you are having!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Micheall.....I like those rebadged G37s. I liked the coupe more than the sedan. Almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of times, at $45K+. Sounds like they're selling the Qs way less than that. What's not to like, except the dismal MPG as others have pointed out.

Essentially, you'd be driving a much better looking and equipped 370Z. No bad there.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Thanks for the feedback, folks. I took at a look at both the Infiniti website as well as the site for my local dealer. A couple of issues have popped up.

The Q40 is available in exactly 4 "colors" - white, silver, grey and black. Not a real color to be found.

And, every Q40 at my local dealer has both the sunroof and nav packages, which bump the MSRP to almost $42K. Even with a big discount, that makes the lease payment pretty high. Not prohibitive, mind you, just more that I had hoped. I can live with the sunroof, but I don't really need the nav package, especially at $2900. That's about $40/mo more on the lease payment.

Of course, this all assumes that there will even be a Q40 available next year when I'm ready to lease again. And, that I can convince the wife that a luxury brand would be OK as my DD given that I work from home.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I found 1 Q40 at a NY dealer that claims to be the largest Infiniti retailer in the world (a claim that Mike disputes & I believe him) with just the sunroof package. I'd go for a White one with a Black Interior:)

nyccarguy said:

I found 1 Q40 at a NY dealer that claims to be the largest Infiniti retailer in the world (a claim that Mike disputes & I believe him) with just the sunroof package. I'd go for a White one with a Black Interior:)

Of the four available colors, white would probably be my first choice as well.

It's all terribly premature, however. I won't be in the market seriously until next fall.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Gotta even out all of the Q40 love - there's a reason it seems like a value - it's about 100 years old (the design is from MY 2007, right?). Seriously, one of the oldest designs on the market, long since paid for, pure profit, it can afford to be cheap. The VQ drone also isn't for everyone. But probably nice and easy to lease, keeps volumes up at the dealer.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Most of the VQ drone I've heard is the ten years on the Ward's top ten engine list talk (or something like that). It has fallen off the list in favor of newer designs, but retired as the record holder for the number of times it made the list. IIRC. :)

The somewhat related V6 in my Quest was torquey and held up well (not counting a few distributors).
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    fintail said:

Gotta even out all of the Q40 love - there's a reason it seems like a value - it's about 100 years old (the design is from MY 2007, right?). Seriously, one of the oldest designs on the market, long since paid for, pure profit, it can afford to be cheap. The VQ drone also isn't for everyone. But probably nice and easy to lease, keeps volumes up at the dealer.

Quite right on all you say. Had a red Q37 coupe. It was a looker. The hard ride, poor gas mileage, uncomfortable seats (to me) and the engine intrusiveness ended the love affair after about 14 mos.
    carnaught said:

fintail said:

Quite right on all you say. Had a red Q37 coupe. It was a looker. The hard ride, poor gas mileage, uncomfortable seats (to me) and the engine intrusiveness ended the love affair after about 14 mos.
    I like the "cheap" part. Since I don't commute in it the engine noise may not be as troublesome to me.

I did test drive a G37 coupe (manual transmission) on a visit to CA a year or two ago. I think it was a sport version, so it was equipped with the 19" tires. Man, that thing rode rough, even on the smooth roads of SoCal.

If it's still around, and the lease deals are still as good, I'll have to give it a test drive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,106
    Base wheels on a sedan are 17". We had 18" on a sport version. All-season tires on the AWD versions ride pretty well. They are not as low profile as the tires on a 3-series..

The RWD coupe is another matter..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Base wheels on a sedan are 17". We had 18" on a sport version. All-season tires on the AWD versions ride pretty well. They are not as low profile as the tires on a 3-series..

The RWD coupe is another matter..

Good to know. I don't want a sport version, but AWD would be a must.

My sister's coupe (in San Diego) is RWD, though I don't know if its a base or a sport.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited May 2015
    The G37 passed my test drive quite well. It was living with it that proved "tiring", and less and less enjoyable from an ownership standpoint..
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,795
    nyccarguy said:
    Well, that article definitely makes the car sound intriguing! So, it's basically an expensive version of a Fusion done right?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,944
    xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:
    Well, that article definitely makes the car sound intriguing! So, it's basically an expensive version of a Fusion done right?
    ? I'm missing the Fusion connection.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Me too...

Have you looked at a Fusion? It looks pretty much identical to this.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    other than being a 4 door sedan in the current styling mode, it does not make me think of a Fusion, nor does it have any commonality to one.

stickguy said:

other than being a 4 door sedan in the current styling mode, it does not make me think of a Fusion, nor does it have any commonality to one.

True, yet it still looks practically identical. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since the Fusion is a beautiful car. But, from what I can tell from the praises of this article, the similarities must pretty much end there.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    nyccarguy said:
    Way to keep my secret, Bradd! :p

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    I casually brought up an E46 to my wife last night. 2004 ZHP 'vert, blue over gray, 57k miles, listed for $12,999, in Connecticut.

She was actually pretty enthusiastic about it - she liked the non-ZHP 'vert we had a little while back, and when we sold it, it was with the idea of getting another one with a proper stick shift at some point. She thinks something like that would make a great "fun" car for both of us - the E46 is something we both heartily agree on. And with her GTI, she's pretty set on maintaining an automatic for her daily driver, and eventually I'll probably move back toward an automatic too. So, something like this would be a nice, inexpensive car we'd both enjoy.

But...when I spoke with the salesperson this morning, that particular ZHP was sold. He said they had another 330ci "identical" to it. While on the phone, I brought up the pictures of it...."Oh, so it's not blue (okay)....and it's not a ZHP (oh, it's not?)....and it's an automatic (oh, you wanted the manual?)" Silly salesperson.

Anyhow - may pick up the search for an E46. One of those things if we found a nice low mileage example, probably have to jump on it. ZHP would be nice, but would probably settle for Sport. Open to the three body styles, but since it'd be a fun car, a coupe or convertible would be fun. I did enjoy the top down experience on our recent one.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

Was thinking the other day, whilst driving my Mazda3, that yes, some extra power would be welcome, but more than anything, I do wish it had AWD. Obviously, as we've discussed here, the Mazdaspeed version will check both those boxes. But got me thinking - if you want a manual trannie combined with AWD, there seems to quickly diminishing choices:

VW - Golf R
    Subaru - Forester, Impreza, WRX
    BMW - 335i xdrive, 435i xdrive, M3/M4
    Audi - A4/S4, A5/S5
    Mini - Countryman, Paceman
    Ford - Focus RS (upcoming)
    Mazda - Mazdaspeed3 (not confirmed)

That's just off the top of my head, but I fear that's pretty much it. From the rumor mill, the upcoming VW Alltrak will be auto only, and I'm assuming 4motion on the regular wagon will require an auto as well.

BMW has reserved it for only the upper trim levels on the 3/4. I bet Audi does away with it when the new A4 platform debuts.

Too bad Subaru took it away on the Legacy.

It's a rare thing, too, for the manual to be an option one can choose within a model without being shoe-horned into either no options or all options. On Forester, for example, I think the current model only offers MT if you are in base format. In 2010, you could get MT in base (X) or Premium.

I think we talked about this in "The Future of the Manual Transmission" thread a while back, but the loss of selection is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it isn't one group's fault. Demand is low by default, gov't agencies make the expense of added drivetrain options high, and technology advances make it more and more difficult to take driving away from drivers and yet allow them to control the transmission at the same time.
  • tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    I bought a 2014 Wrangler so I now own 3 red Jeep Wranglers. 1 from each vintage - YJ, TJ and JK. Although I rarely buy used, all 3 of these were previously owned. I was looking on Craigslist to get prices for my 1997 when I saw a good deal on a 2014. I didn't even get around to listing my 1997 until just now. Hope it sells quick!

I was surprised to find this deal. I planned on ordering a new one next year. This used one was speced out just like what I would have ordered. So far it's been an easy transaction. I paid off the owner's loan today and pickup the Jeep Friday. I have 7 cars now, need to become a chronic car seller!
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
    breld said:

I casually brought up an E46 to my wife last night. 2004 ZHP 'vert, blue over gray, 57k miles, listed for $12,999, in Connecticut.

She was actually pretty enthusiastic about it - she liked the non-ZHP 'vert we had a little while back, and when we sold it, it was with the idea of getting another one with a proper stick shift at some point. She thinks something like that would make a great "fun" car for both of us - the E46 is something we both heartily agree on. And with her GTI, she's pretty set on maintaining an automatic for her daily driver, and eventually I'll probably move back toward an automatic too. So, something like this would be a nice, inexpensive car we'd both enjoy.

But...when I spoke with the salesperson this morning, that particular ZHP was sold. He said they had another 330ci "identical" to it. While on the phone, I brought up the pictures of it...."Oh, so it's not blue (okay)....and it's not a ZHP (oh, it's not?)....and it's an automatic (oh, you wanted the manual?)" Silly salesperson.

Anyhow - may pick up the search for an E46. One of those things if we found a nice low mileage example, probably have to jump on it. ZHP would be nice, but would probably settle for Sport. Open to the three body styles, but since it'd be a fun car, a coupe or convertible would be fun. I did enjoy the top down experience on our recent one.

Where in CT?

breld said:

Was thinking the other day, whilst driving my Mazda3, that yes, some extra power would be welcome, but more than anything, I do wish it had AWD. Obviously, as we've discussed here, the Mazdaspeed version will check both those boxes. But got me thinking - if you want a manual trannie combined with AWD, there seems to quickly diminishing choices:

VW - Golf R
    Subaru - Forester, Impreza, WRX
    BMW - 335i xdrive, 435i xdrive, M3/M4
    Audi - A4/S4, A5/S5
    Mini - Countryman, Paceman
    Ford - Focus RS (upcoming)
    Mazda - Mazdaspeed3 (not confirmed)

That's just off the top of my head, but I fear that's pretty much it. From the rumor mill, the upcoming VW Alltrak will be auto only, and I'm assuming 4motion on the regular wagon will require an auto as well.

BMW has reserved it for only the upper trim levels on the 3/4. I bet Audi does away with it when the new A4 platform debuts.

Too bad Subaru took it away on the Legacy.

I think that extra power would be welcome everyday. I traded cars with my wife yesterday so I could have the Pilot compounded & waxed (came out great). Things are bad when the wife's 4500 lb 4WD SUV could hand my Legacy its rear end B)

reached a milestone. My Sonata turns 6 months old Friday, and I finally turned over 3K on the ODO (think it is at 3001 right now). Have not been driving all that much.

I will take it on a trip to NH in early June, so that should be a good 700 miles right there. I wanted to take it next week to NC to retrieve the princess from college, but may need the RDX instead to carry bulky stuff.

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

Where in CT?
    BMW of Greenwich

breld said:

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

Where in CT?
    BMW of Greenwich
    Too bad it didn't work out. My city borders Greenwich.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,385
    breld said:

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

Where in CT?
    BMW of Greenwich
    How funny. When I was looking for my ZHP they had an Imola vert with something like 35k miles that was beautiful. Of course they wanted over 16k for it!

I think it goes without saying I would recommend a ZHP over a Sport for your fun car :smile:

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

Where in CT?
    BMW of Greenwich
    Too bad it didn't work out. My city borders Greenwich.
    I thought you may be close - if it were still available, I was considering hitting you up to check it out.

Maybe next time. :)

au1994 said:

breld said:

nyccarguy said:

breld said:

Where in CT?
    BMW of Greenwich
    How funny. When I was looking for my ZHP they had an Imola vert with something like 35k miles that was beautiful. Of course they wanted over 16k for it!

I think it goes without saying I would recommend a ZHP over a Sport for your fun car :smile:
    Imola with 35k miles? I would consider $16k for it!

Oh and also. for any BMW of Greenwich shoppers out there: They have a "sister" dealership, PACE BMW of Mamaroneck which is about 10 minutes away from Greenwich, CT in NY. $75 capped doc fee in NY & most likely a $300 - $500 "conveyance fee" in CT.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Was a victim of identity theft Friday and Saturday...guy made a copy of my license with his pic and got into checking account. We were on it almost immediately but before bank froze account, he got more out. Just spoke with police in Jacksonville and need report to get a new license number...got with the credit bureaus and have freezes on everything, have done all we could now. Please, check accounts daily like we've been doing to minimize anything bad happening. Heard that the perp was over friendly with the tellar so hopefully they will review their videos to catch him...bank will replace the funds by end of business today but we feel violated and will change the way we do some things.
    Just wanted y'all to know it's a mean world out there and identity theft can happen to anyone, at any time! Be careful who sees your drivers license and never give out your info...weird thing is the only one to see my drivers license was a cop back at the end of March!
    The last few days have been a nightmare of calls and bank visits...am physically exhausted by all the damage this perp has caused us...it has changed me as a person!

The Sandman :(B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Took the Accent in before the wife and daughter take off on their trip tomorrow. Needed new tires, a battery, brakes adjusted and a 4 wheel alignment. Car has just 20,100 or so on it but the tires were cracking and couldn't be rotated anymore. Battery was marginal and could've waited a bit but we felt better just swapping it out so the kid won't get into trouble when she starts her internship June 1st. Hyundai replaced the original battery at end of year one but it was probably time. Never been aligned since the first year and brakes were never adjusted so figured they had the vehicle, just get things done. First we've spent on it besides wiper blades and oil changes since we bought it new back in '08 so think we've been lucky. She plans to keep it for awhile so wife told me to just get 'er done and since she's the last kid on the payroll, dad paid the bill. Can't wait for a year from now when she will be hired as a pharmacist somewhere and can support herself!
    Funny how none of the three followed their mom and became a CPA, a good job where the wife is constantly working. The boy is a math whiz and would be a natural, but he wasn't interested. Oh well, but will be nice when they are all on their own and we can get ready for full retirement. Luckily I've got my Hertz gig and will be able to keep it until I stop working completely again in about 4 years from now.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Both vehicles are at the 5k mark, with the Golf at 5500 plus now. Both running flawlessly and did the rotation on it a week or two back. Hoping the reliability on them both continues to be great. Do mostly highway miles on mine, straight shot on the interstate and don't drive like a maniac. Some droid hit the back passenger wheel well and left a bunch of scratches which I don't get because I always, like 99.99% of the time, park in a handicap spot usually backing in. Try to always position the vehicle in the middle to avoid such a situation but hey, it still happened. Not the end of the world, just annoying since I do try to keep it pristine all the time. Besides the Civic, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned and can see myself keeping it for the long run. Getting rid of the Tucson was a fluke, I think going in I knew it wasn't going to be a keeper but I just was tired of small economy vehicles and wanted a change...but after a few months, I knew I made a mistake and that was that. Best to cut and run which is what I did though I still hear about it from the wife about I should've stayed the course, yada, yada, yada!
    Glad I swapped for the Golf and haven't looked back. Mileage is better than expected, it's comfortable and quiet and moves when it has to. Love the blue color and the Jetta 15 spoke wheels give it a nice look. The Sandman is a happy driver but my only wish would be to get to drive the Audi a bit more!

The Sandman :)B)

Sandy - sorry to hear your ID was stolen. Good thing you were able to catch it in time. ID theft is a crazy crime.

• boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    edited May 2015

Was a victim of identity theft Friday and Saturday...guy made a copy of my license with his pic and got into checking account. We were on it almost immediately but before bank froze account, he got more out. Just spoke with police in Jacksonville and need report to get a new license number...got with the credit bureaus and have freezes on everything, have done all we could now. Please, check accounts daily like we've been doing to minimize anything bad happening. Heard that the perp was over friendly with the tellar so hopefully they will review their videos to catch him...bank will replace the funds by end of business today but we feel violated and will change the way we do some things.
    Just wanted y'all to know it's a mean world out there and identity theft can happen to anyone, at any time! Be careful who sees your drivers license and never give out your info...weird thing is the only one to see my drivers license was a cop back at the end of March!
    The last few days have been a nightmare of calls and bank visits...am physically exhausted by all the damage this perp has caused us...it has changed me as a person!

The Sandman :(B)

Same thing happened to my sister. While she was at work, someone snuck into the staff room and stole a bunch of wallets while the thief's accomplice distracted the employees. As soon as my sister found out she went to her bank and reported her ID and bank cards stolen. Few hours after my sister reported her things stolen the thief went to another branch and drained her account with her stolen bank card and her stolen ID at the teller. My sister was fuming and so was my dad when they went to talk to the bank to try to figure out how they would let her account get drained especially after she reported her bank card and ID stolen. Anyways she got her money back but it was absurd that the bank could drop the ball like that.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX