Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1972 F-100 Exhaust

ovaknikeovaknike Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Ford

this is a very good illustration with what i want to do.. but i want to add another set of mufflers to my exhaust that whenever a press a button it switches to the other mufflers.

Comments

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Looks pretty complicated. Instead of parallel like that, what it you put two low resistance mufflers in series, with an exhaust cutout between them? Google 'exhaust cutout', there are lots available.

Me, I'd skip the fancy plumbing and go with a single low-restriction muffler on each side with large diameter pipes.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    It's a lot easier to use something like this http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/dynomax-vt-mufflers instead of all of the additional piping that you would need for a bypass.
  • Options
    Would i still get the same outcome of the two different types of mufflers? with both options posted?
  • Options
    I really wanted the capability to switch back and forth between kinda loud and deep to still tuned bt really loud and still using my whole pipe. i didn't want just a cutout, because it doesn't come out the beck of my exhaust by the tips.