Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

My 2004 Toyota Camry has a problem which is electrical.

swed2swed2 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Toyota
My 2004 Toyota Camry has a problem which is electrical because the headlights is working but radio it's not working and the directions light it's not working and windows bottom it's not working and whenever I try to drive it, it won't go from park to drive even pressing the brake. what could be the problem ?

Answers

• Options
    swed2swed2 Member Posts: 2
     :( 
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited May 2015
    Each of these issues must be diagnosed one at a time, it's a mistake to attempt the diagnostics with multiple systems in mind whether their circuits share anything (beyond a fuse) or not. So with that first guideline set, you have to start somewhere so pick one of the systems that isn't working and start analyzing it. The turn signals (directional) are the easiest circuit so start with. The turn signal flasher relay is behind the left hand kick panel. You need a schematic and a voltmeter to prove if you have the two powers to it. Pin #1 (red/blue) come from fuse #1 gages in the dash junction block (just above where the relay is) and should be powered with the key on. Pin #4 white comes from the hazard (4 way) fuse in the under hood fuse panel and it should be hot all of the time. From there pins 5 green/black and 6 green/yellow should have voltage on them when the key is on and the turn signals off and the voltage should go to 0v when the left turn signal is commanded (green/black) and the same should happen to the green/yellow when the right hand signal is commanded.

The next step in the diagnostics is dependent on what you have found to this point.