Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe purchase experiences. If you've recently purchased a 2015 Santa Fe, please share your experience here.

If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Santa Fe page.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• needanewcar9needanewcar9 Member Posts: 14
    Appreciate any thoughts on the following offer. 2015 Santa Fe FWD 2.0T w/ Ultimate package. MSRP $36,900. Selling Price $33,100 less $500 lease cash plus Acq. fee of $595. Putting $1,500 down and paying DMV fees upfront. Looking at a 36mo/12k lease for $356/mo. Based in Los Angeles area. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Appreciate any thoughts on the following offer. 2015 Santa Fe FWD 2.0T w/ Ultimate package. MSRP $36,900. Selling Price $33,100 less $500 lease cash plus Acq. fee of $595. Putting $1,500 down and paying DMV fees upfront. Looking at a 36mo/12k lease for $356/mo. Based in Los Angeles area. Thanks.

Does $356/mo. include sales tax.. If not, it's a good deal, and if it does, it's a really good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• needanewcar9needanewcar9 Member Posts: 14
    yes. includes taxes. thanks for the feedback.
  • jacob2877jacob2877 Member Posts: 10
    I did a 2015 Santa Fe AWD Limited w/ Ultimate package. MSRP 42, 450. Selling price was 38,240, before 750 loyalty and 750 lease cash. 36, 740 final. Plus 595 Acq fee. 250 in DMV and Doc fees. Put 1500 down plus first month. 36/12. - Dealer offer is: $373 per month including taxes. Appreciate any thoughts on the offer? Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    jacob2877 said:

I did a 2015 Santa Fe AWD Limited w/ Ultimate package. MSRP 42, 450. Selling price was 38,240, before 750 loyalty and 750 lease cash. 36, 740 final. Plus 595 Acq fee. 250 in DMV and Doc fees. Put 1500 down plus first month. 36/12. - Dealer offer is: $373 per month including taxes. Appreciate any thoughts on the offer? Thanks

I'm getting $377/mo before taxes, so pretty close to your offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lkswim2lkswim2 Member Posts: 1
    Seeing as it's March 2015 now, if a dealer has a new 2014 Santa Fe Limited with technology package on the lot...what would be a reasonable offer on that? Are they willing to really deal to clear it off the lot?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I appraised it as a used car with 10 miles on it, no options, and came up with $26,200 for True Market Value. You can use my link to dial in the color and options better. Your goal would be to meet or beat TMV (may as well aim for invoice or below).
  • chinghalechinghale Member Posts: 20

PLEASE HELP .....

We have been offered a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2015 2.4 L 4 Cylinder in Mineral grey with TECH package for $2500 down and payments of $315.00 per month inclusive of all taxes for a 48 month lease which we will probably buy at the end of…. we also got the 15,000 mile allowance per year option and no fee for returning our 3 year Leased Elantra limited 2013 which is in excellent condition with 36,000 miles.All our payments were made on time and in full on that lease and I have excellent credit .
  • chinghalechinghale Member Posts: 20
    we have yet to commit to the deal and was wondering if any kind folk on this forum could help us figure out if this is a good deal

chinghale said:

PLEASE HELP .....

We have been offered a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2015 2.4 L 4 Cylinder in Mineral grey with TECH package for $2500 down and payments of $315.00 per month inclusive of all taxes for a 48 month lease which we will probably buy at the end of…. we also got the 15,000 mile allowance per year option and no fee for returning our 3 year Leased Elantra limited 2013 which is in excellent condition with 36,000 miles.All our payments were made on time and in full on that lease and I have excellent credit .

chinghale said:

we have yet to commit to the deal and was wondering if any kind folk on this forum could help us figure out if this is a good deal

What is the MSRP and the selling price on the Santa Fe? What is the breakdown of the $2500 down payment?

And ... FWD or AWD? The lease numbers are different.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• toadstooltoadstool Member Posts: 2
    This March I bought a 2015 Santa Fe FWD Limited. MSRP, including destination of 875, was 40480. Dealer discount of 4761 brought it down to 35719. A $500 cash rebate and a $750 owner loyalty rebate lowered the price to 34469. These two rebates ended March 31. Added features for this car included the ultimate package, carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, cargo cover, first aid kit, mud guards, rear bumper applique, and wheel locks. I thought I got a fair deal for this vehicle.
    toadstool said:

This March I bought a 2015 Santa Fe FWD Limited. MSRP, including destination of 875, was 40480. Dealer discount of 4761 brought it down to 35719. A $500 cash rebate and a $750 owner loyalty rebate lowered the price to 34469. These two rebates ended March 31. Added features for this car included the ultimate package, carpeted floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, cargo cover, first aid kit, mud guards, rear bumper applique, and wheel locks. I thought I got a fair deal for this vehicle.

Congrats on the new Santa Fe!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• logielogie Member Posts: 9
    Santa Fe AWD Limited w/ Ultimate Package.

They are offering me $37,900 purchase price (sticker was $42,110). Zero money down. $549.99 per month with average interest rate of 2.9%. They are telling me interest can go down with excellent credit which we have. thoughts on this deal?
  • logielogie Member Posts: 9
    sorry that is for a 2015
    logie said:

Santa Fe AWD Limited w/ Ultimate Package.

They are offering me $37,900 purchase price (sticker was $42,110). Zero money down. $549.99 per month with average interest rate of 2.9%. They are telling me interest can go down with excellent credit which we have. thoughts on this deal?

Have you checked the Edmunds pricing tools? "Make / Model / Year" at the top of the page will get you started.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikec34mikec34 Member Posts: 17
    Thoughts on this offer?

2015 Sante Fe Sport, non-Turbo, FWD, no extra packages.

Selling Price 25,845.00
    Discount 4,008.62
    Rebate 1,750.00
    Adjusted Price 20,086.38

Total Purchase 20,086.38
    Taxable Fees (Estimated) 100.00

Predelivery Service Fee 699.00
    Tax 1,408.12

Non Tax Fees 206.50
    Net Price 22,500.00
    Trade Payoff
    Cash Deposit .00
    Balance 22,500.00

Basically, vehicle is $21,836 ($22,535 with $699 doc fee) before $1,750 in incentives and all taxes/fees. Compared to a TMV of $24,473. This is a really good deal, right? Am I missing anything? Doing this last year on 2014 models, I was looking at around $2000 more!
    mikec34 said:

Thoughts on this offer?

2015 Sante Fe Sport, non-Turbo, FWD, no extra packages.

Selling Price 25,845.00
    Discount 4,008.62
    Rebate 1,750.00
    Adjusted Price 20,086.38

Total Purchase 20,086.38
    Taxable Fees (Estimated) 100.00

Predelivery Service Fee 699.00
    Tax 1,408.12

Non Tax Fees 206.50
    Net Price 22,500.00
    Trade Payoff
    Cash Deposit .00
    Balance 22,500.00

Basically, vehicle is $21,836 ($22,535 with $699 doc fee) before $1,750 in incentives and all taxes/fees. Compared to a TMV of $24,473. This is a really good deal, right? Am I missing anything? Doing this last year on 2014 models, I was looking at around $2000 more!

Looks to be a strong deal on a pretty nice vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The only quibble I have is that the dealer should be paid by Hyundai for new car prep. But the dealer has to make money somewhere, so I guess they chose to call their profit a $699 service fee.

Enjoy the new ride!
    Thanks!
    stever said:

The only quibble I have is that the dealer should be paid by Hyundai for new car prep. But the dealer has to make money somewhere, so I guess they chose to call their profit a $699 service fee.

Enjoy the new ride!

Steve, I'm pretty sure that's the same thing as doc fee.
    edited May 2015
    K, then it's only ~$599 too high, LOL. It's amazing what dealers charge for doc fees. Often the only way around it is to haggle the selling price down. And it looks like you managed to do that nicely.
    Thanks! I was somewhat amazed at the oricing, given the higher quotes from last year. Also, looking at gently used vehicles from 2013 and 2014, they were more expensive than new ones!
    Well, the wife and I traveled 2 hours to the dealership yesterday, and lo and behold, they claimed they sold the car we were coming to see, but they had another in the same color with the Popular Equipment Packages added, along with an extra $2300 (not sure where they get this price, seeing as how the MSRP on it is $1350!). This is why people hate car-buying...
    edited May 2015
    :'(

Time to switch gears and write a Dealer Review about your experience. Cars do get sold (not a guarantee, but you can call ahead to see if it a car is still available), but a few dealers still seem to engage in bait and switch.
    We ended up purchasing at another dealership and had a fantrastic experience,. I did have to pay $680 extra for the equipment thasst came in the vehicle (cargo nets, cargo mat, etc.), but I'm ok with it because it included tinting, which I was going to have paid to have done anyways.

I do have a question, though. As expected, when it cam time to do the financing, we were pitched on two things:

1. Extended Warranty (through Fidelity, I think)
    2. The Protector (interior and exterior protection) 7

Having done my research, I politely declined both. After the initial offer, he came back with a revised one. The Protector and 5 years of oil changes for an additional $1.96/month on our payment. During the course of the 5-year loan, this comes to about $329 total. The way it works is that $1650 (warranty/service plan) and $689 (The Protector) were both added into loan along with about $107 taxes. At the end of the loan term, about $2116 "drops off" of the loan.

To me, this seemed too good to be true. I've read a good amount online about both of these items, and there are a lot of complaints, but they are all from people that got tricked into paying thousands for these items. Evenn if I only get the benefit of the oil changes for 5 years and the Protector protects out vehicle from love bugs (we live in FL, it is definitely worth the $329.

Am I missing anything?
    edited May 2015
    $20 a year for ~5 or so oil changes sounds good. Watch for the upsells though.

Dunno about the warranty company - if it's Fidelity out of Florida, there's plenty of complaints around. (BBB for example).

The best ones are backed by the manufacturer, but it's still a hot debate over whether any of them are worth it.

Enjoy the new ride!
    mikec34 said:

We ended up purchasing at another dealership and had a fantrastic experience,. I did have to pay $680 extra for the equipment thasst came in the vehicle (cargo nets, cargo mat, etc.), but I'm ok with it because it included tinting, which I was going to have paid to have done anyways.

I do have a question, though. As expected, when it cam time to do the financing, we were pitched on two things:

1. Extended Warranty (through Fidelity, I think)
    2. The Protector (interior and exterior protection) 7

Having done my research, I politely declined both. After the initial offer, he came back with a revised one. The Protector and 5 years of oil changes for an additional $1.96/month on our payment. During the course of the 5-year loan, this comes to about $329 total. The way it works is that $1650 (warranty/service plan) and $689 (The Protector) were both added into loan along with about $107 taxes. At the end of the loan term, about $2116 "drops off" of the loan.

To me, this seemed too good to be true. I've read a good amount online about both of these items, and there are a lot of complaints, but they are all from people that got tricked into paying thousands for these items. Evenn if I only get the benefit of the oil changes for 5 years and the Protector protects out vehicle from love bugs (we live in FL, it is definitely worth the $329.

Am I missing anything?

Yes.. it sounds too good to be true.. It definitely does not make any sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ph2010ph2010 Member Posts: 15
    Hi folks. I am negotiating a purchase of a 2015 Hyundai Santa LE Limited with Ultimate Package and various accessories coming to an MSRP of $40,845. At this point I have gotten the dealer down to $35,750 but TMV is showing as $35,158 and while it's not a big gap I am loathe to leave money on the table. Rival web site TrueCar.com is showing a value of $36,791 with anything under $36,013 being "exceptional' but I have heard they are showing inflated prices these days. Can I ask what supports the TMV? Is it possible to get specific feedback on sales data that drives the lower number?

Thanks in advance!
  • ph2010ph2010 Member Posts: 15
    ph2010 said:

Hi folks. I am negotiating a purchase of a 2015 Hyundai Santa LE Limited with Ultimate Package and various accessories coming to an MSRP of $40,845. At this point I have gotten the dealer down to $35,750 but TMV is showing as $35,158 and while it's not a big gap I am loathe to leave money on the table. Rival web site TrueCar.com is showing a value of $36,791 with anything under $36,013 being "exceptional' but I have heard they are showing inflated prices these days. Can I ask what supports the TMV? Is it possible to get specific feedback on sales data that drives the lower number?

Thanks in advance!

Oh wait my bad I was looking at 2014 not 2015. 2015 is showing TMV of $37,969 (!!!!) so guess I have gotten a good deal
    Congrats! Here's a blurb on how we determine TMV prices.
  • ed8732ed8732 Member Posts: 1
    I recently walked away from this deal (because the office/financial people took over 5 hours to process a credit application even though I showed them that I was pre-approved for the amount from another lender).

Santa Fe 2WD Limited Ultimate
    Out the door: $36,000 plus a $800 trade in
    This was at McCarthy Hyundai in Kansas City.
    Good for you for walking - there's no reason why you have to cool your heels at the dealer for hours while the "back room" stuff happens. Ask them to deliver the car to your house next time.

Writing a Dealer Review might encourage them to review their policies.
  • olivermdolivermd Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Just to share my experience: I bought, end of June and with a trade-in of 21.1K, a Santa Fe GLS AWD Ultimate for (out the door price) $36736.45.
    Freight charge of $895, Dealer processing charge of $300, Tire + Title + e-Registration of $351 were included as well as the Taxes ($978 after trade-in).
    Total rebate (competitive  + cash + ?) of $2250. Cross bars, first aid kit, wheels lock were included as well (since they were on the car, and service was closed they let them on the SUV).
    Not sure if this was a good deal. Your thoughts?
    Oliver
  • devilsquiddevilsquid Member Posts: 2
    Just sharing, buying experience 23Jul2015 Houston,TX dealership.

2015 Santa Fe 2WD Limited with Ultimate Package Becketts Black with Beige Interior

$35030.95 out the door

Travelled from San Antonio to Houston after email exchange negotiating prices...drove the SUV off their lot after 4 hours.

Breakdown($):

$40430.00 MSRP
    $37200.00 Selling Price

Includes:
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Cargo Net
    Composite Cargo Tray
    Cargo Cover
    First Aid Kit
    Mud Guards
    Wheel Locks
    Inland Freight/Handling and full tank gas

$3250 Rebates (minus)

Included:
    $500 Military (checked ID)
    $500 Boostup (they just asked if I have boostup account, no down payment at all)
    $750 Competitive car owner (checked VIN/registration)
    $1000 Hyundai Offer
    $500 Summer Sale

$713.00 Tax (plus)

* I was exempt TX sales tax since I opt to register in WA while on military active service. Dealer charge the $713 for "county in Wa" county tax. Later noticed that the amount was not "county tax" but "dealer inventory tax". Fine print states government does not impose on consumer but on dealer. In short the dealer passed this on to me...

$292.50 Docs/Fees/Lincensing etc (plus)

$35030.95 Total out of the door

I used pre-approved loan 0.99% X 60 months. Dealer can't beat my bank's rate.

Could have gotten $750 Uber.com driver rebate (Affiliate Rebate) - but my uber driver account was not complete. Dealer was just looking for screenshot of Uber.com account as proof. it could have been an easy $750 extra rebate.

Overall I was satisfied with the total purchase price even when they got me on the "county tax" and the $499 dealer add-on for over priced carpet coating, paint coating etc. I figure they had to make money somewhere.

And, the Black Santa Fe looks awesome and it drove smoothly!!!

Hope you find my entry useful. Good luck hunting the best deals for 2015 Santa Fes!

Nice post @devilsquid - you're really playing all the angles (or trying to!). The Boostup program is new to me.

@olivermd, TMV is coming it at $38,284 and your number is well below that thanks to the incentives. There's currently a $1,500 incentive and I'm not sure if that's new for July. Looks like buying at the end of the month saved you some money.

Congrats to both of y'all!
    @devilsquid I'll note that the amount probably isn't the dealer inventory tax, as that is a much smaller amount... it's probably what they said it was, only they didn't have a line for it, on that form.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• devilsquiddevilsquid Member Posts: 2
    Stever: Yes, the BoostUp account should have been open for at least 30 days before you can use the money you put in the account as down payment, $500 max for Hyundai. Hyundai will then match dollar per dollar down up to $500 max.

Kyfdx: The dealer did not mistakenly put it the "dealer inventory tax" line because at first they used a different county's tax rate - I had to point out that that was not the right county. Finance guy went to next finance guy's office and they discussed for good 5 minutes. When he came back, he supposedly found my county and the tax rate is 0.01 percent lower than the wrong county.....I must have been out of focus by that time since I was tired from travel and no lunch...and did not bother reading the fine print about inventory tax. But, like I said - they had to do what they have to...I was still happy with the deal.
  • olivermdolivermd Member Posts: 3
    @stever thanks for your comment. Quick question: what is the TMV?
    olivermd said:

@stever thanks for your comment. Quick question: what is the TMV?

True Market Value

Use the make/model/year tabs at the top of the page to see for yourself.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• badshopperbadshopper Member Posts: 18
    Was quoted 32,625 for AWD Santa Fe with sunroof and leather seats, but we don't like the car because of the decreased rear visibility compared to our '09 Santa Fe Limited. Probably won't be back to Hyundai after being with them for many years and we brought them a lot of family and friends over the years and they became Hyundai fans too. First of all I've been disappointed that Hyundai, or at least the dealer, never gave us any discounts or bonuses for referring people who bought cars from them.

I hate shopping for a new vehicle, hence my username 'badshopper', and it used to be easy to walk in with the price was willing to pay and the price I knew I should get for my trade in, but Hyundai has lost me. Both sets of our parents (mine and my wife's parents) also have Santa Fe's. They don't like the new designs either and will keep their current ones as long as possible and then go to another manufacturer. Between the new design for '13 onward and the msrp reaching into Lexus territory, it's no wonder they're losing market share. Anyhow, just sharing our quote because it seems some dealers are really trying to keep the prices above what this car should really sell for, IMHO. Remember, TCV has inflated prices of what people pay. That site isn't like it used to be when some manufacturers even threatened dealers who were promoting on that site due to the price wars. Take the very lowest number you see someone paid (not the good average) and then deduct another 4 figures and you'll be closer to what you should be paying, in my experience. I'm a bad shopper when it comes to my enjoyment of shopping, but I also don't like paying too much. Buying a car has almost become like buying a house. It shouldn't be that way and most of you are still paying too much.