Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Question, scratch repair, cost estimation, 2015 Honda Fit

stevencatstevencat Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Honda
Hello, I am wondering if anyone could give me some suggestion on how to repair the scratch on my car. I scratched the front corner of my car on the wall of garage. Here are the pictures of scratch:

imagebam.com imagebam.com

The model is 2015 Honda Fit. I am wondering how much would it cost to fix it if I bring it to an auto body shop? Besides, is it hard to fix it by myself? Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks!

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    Do you have about 200 more of those bills in the photo? While that is a guess based on the photo the amount of work and the cost of materials to really fix something like that is a lot more than some realize. One of the biggest issues is blending into the surrounding surfaces to hide the repair and that is an art all by itself that takes a lot of time to learn.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It is impossible to fix this yourself unless you don't care how it looks afterwards.

You do have insurance, right? Take it to a QUALITY body shop and not to one
    of the chains that advertise on TV. Should should only be out your deductable.

I think thecardoc is about correct with his guess.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    And.. if it's only $200, leave your insurance company out of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Agreed. Save the big stuff for the insurance co's. In this day and age, 200.00 won't fix much of anything.
  • stevencatstevencat Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestion! Would my future insurance rate raise if I use the insurance to fix it? My deductive in this matter is $500.
  • stevencatstevencat Member Posts: 3
    Or if I just leave the scratch there, will there be any negative impact on the car (except for the bad looking)? Thanks again for all your help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    stevencat said:

Or if I just leave the scratch there, will there be any negative impact on the car (except for the bad looking)? Thanks again for all your help!

I don't know about your insurance rates going up, but if you have a $500 deductible, you aren't going to get anything from them on a sub-$500 repair anyway. Which is why I suggest leaving them out of it.

It looks like you are down to the metal in a few spots.. rust is an issue, over time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Unless you simply lack the funds, you really should have it fixed ASAP.

It's a brand new car and not a fifteen year old hooptie. Every time you walk by the car, you'll see that damage and feel badly about it. I know I certainly would.