Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Paddle Paint Peeling (Again) - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Jaguar
imagePaddle Paint Peeling (Again) - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

The paint on our 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe's shift paddles has started to peel. Again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    charizard1charizard1 Member Posts: 4
    Well it looks like Jaguar took these kinda took these complaints seriously. For MY2016, the F-Type R Coupe comes with silver paddle shifters (probably still painted plastic) so it might be less noticeable especially if they use regular paint. But, you can order anodized aluminum ones as accessories now.
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I don't understand why paddles seem to be an afterthought. I'd think they'd be one of the most important elements of a sporty vehicle and having them feel and move nicely would be an important part of that.
  • Options
    DebunkerDebunker Member Posts: 49
    Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. How much could these little paddles cost in metal when made in quantity? It's those little things that people notice, especially pieces intended to be touched. I'd compare this to an expensive restaurant serving supermarket bread. Not smart.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Why not put really sweet metal ones on from the factory and bump the price by $100? A customer would not care, actually I'd be willing to pay extra. It's items like these , that you touch all the time, that are important to be made really well. It sets the impression for the vehicle, and this is where Porsche, of course, gets it.
  • Options
    oachalonoachalon Member Posts: 12
    I want to point out the paddle shifters on the Cadillac ATS you had for the long term were not plastic, they were magnesium.