Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• badtoy1986badtoy1986 Member Posts: 5
    Michael, thanks for your help with the WRX numbers, my wife is trying to decide between the legacy and the outback. What are the rates for each in limited with eyesight, and GPS in Nevada. 3 years 36k. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

Michael, thanks for your help with the WRX numbers, my wife is trying to decide between the legacy and the outback. What are the rates for each in limited with eyesight, and GPS in Nevada. 3 years 36k. 

Outback 2.5i 36/12 - 58% and .00049

Limited 2.5i 36/12 - 58% and .00029

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mke5mke5 Member Posts: 13
    Any changes for 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited or Premium, no extras, 10k or less. Is there any option to go way below 10k a year?

mke5 said:

Any changes for 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited or Premium, no extras, 10k or less. Is there any option to go way below 10k a year?

Premium 36/10 - 60% and .00049

Limited 36/10 - 59% and .00049

10K is the minimum numbers of miles allowed for a Subaru lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mke5mke5 Member Posts: 13
    Is destination fee $850 on top of bank fee normal practice for 3 year lease?
    mke5 said:

Is destination fee $850 on top of bank fee normal practice for 3 year lease?

Destination is part of the sticker price .. and is separate from the bank fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mjmart85mjmart85 Member Posts: 24
    Can anybody advise on what the programs are thought to be for April?
    mjmart85 said:
    Can anybody advise on what the programs are thought to be for April?
    Nope. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lahavlahav Member Posts: 9
    Hi Michaell,

could you please post the April 2015 rates for the Outback? assuming 36 months, 12k miles a year
    1) 2.5i
    2) 2.5i Premium
    3) 2.5i Limited
    4) 3.6R Limited

I believe it doesnt matter, but i'm from NJ.

Thanks!
    lahav said:

Hi Michaell,

could you please post the April 2015 rates for the Outback? assuming 36 months, 12k miles a year
    1) 2.5i
    2) 2.5i Premium
    3) 2.5i Limited
    4) 3.6R Limited

I believe it doesnt matter, but i'm from NJ.

Thanks!

1. 61% and .00104
    2. 59% and .00049
    3. 58% and .00049
    4. 58% and .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• centennialcocentennialco Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

On a 2015 Outback Premium with Eyesight (MSRP $30046) 36M/12K $0 down lease I'm being quoted
    MF: .00099
    RV: 59%
    in Englewood, CO.

Is that the max allow markup?

Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,139

Hi,

On a 2015 Outback Premium with Eyesight (MSRP $30046) 36M/12K $0 down lease I'm being quoted
    MF: .00099
    RV: 59%
    in Englewood, CO.

Is that the max allow markup?

Thank you

Base MF is .00049.
    Indeed, that is the maximum markup.

Residual is correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• searchinginsdsearchinginsd Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2015
    Are the April numbers the same country wide? Am in SD.

Also, what are the numbers for 42 months 10k and 12k?

Are the April numbers the same country wide? Am in SD.

Also, what are the numbers for 42 months 10k and 12k?

Yes... Subaru numbers are national.

Which model Outback?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• searchinginsdsearchinginsd Member Posts: 21
    2.5i and 2.5i Premium would be great.

2.5i and 2.5i Premium would be great.

42/12 numbers:

2.5i - 57% and .00135

2.5i Premium - 55% and .00116

Add 1% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• synixmansynixman Member Posts: 2
    Quick question. I read elsewhere that the $595 Acq fee is currently waived for the lease special. Is that true?

Also, is there a way to call Subaru Motor Finance / Chase beforehand and get preapproval/rate lock in? Just concerned the dealer may give me the runaround and markup the MF.
    synixman said:

Quick question. I read elsewhere that the $595 Acq fee is currently waived for the lease special. Is that true?

Also, is there a way to call Subaru Motor Finance / Chase beforehand and get preapproval/rate lock in? Just concerned the dealer may give me the runaround and markup the MF.

I have no information on any current promotions where the acquisition is being waived.

Chase/SMF won't help you, I'm afraid. You make your deal with the dealer, then they send in the paperwork to the bank. You stand firm with wanting the base MF ... work with multiple dealers as well, to keep them all honest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    I'm a Subaru guy and I'm not aware of any waiver of the acquisition fee. As to calling Chase, I think the short answer is "no", you cannot contact them for pre-approval directly, but you may be able to at the dealership level.

I went to Subaru's website and looked up this link: http://www.subaru.com/financial-tools/financing-options.html only to find it took me back to my own dealership when I entered the zip code.

Your best solution is to shop a couple of dealerships unless you already know what you want and can "make an offer" to your local franchise. All dealers should be within a few dollars of each other, be careful if something is too good to be true-in some areas it's common practice to add destination and doc fees, dealer prep, etc. when you go to pick up your car.
  • vchiu7vchiu7 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,

Please let me know if this is a decent deal on a 2015 order, Dealer is in CT

3.6R with eyesight/tow/wheel arch moldings

15K/Y for 36 months.
    56% RV
    0.00049MF

negotiated price=$34,462
    Doc Fee=$498
    Reg Fee=$188
    Acq fee= $595(not disclosed in email exchange but I assume it has to be there)
    Tax=NJ 7% (my location)
    Down payment $1,124, diff between payoff and RV on current lease. this number can change depending upon when i pick up the new car

comes to $439/month

how does that look?
    vchiu7 said:

Hi all,

Please let me know if this is a decent deal on a 2015 order, Dealer is in CT

3.6R with eyesight/tow/wheel arch moldings

15K/Y for 36 months.
    56% RV
    0.00049MF

negotiated price=$34,462
    Doc Fee=$498
    Reg Fee=$188
    Acq fee= $595(not disclosed in email exchange but I assume it has to be there)
    Tax=NJ 7% (my location)
    Down payment $1,124, diff between payoff and RV on current lease. this number can change depending upon when i pick up the new car

comes to $439/month

how does that look?

I confirm the 56% residual and .00049 MF.

Need to know the MSRP and net cap cost in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP of 37216
    Net Cap of 35170 if i did my math correctly!!

thanks
    vchiu7 said:

MSRP of 37216
    Net Cap of 35170 if i did my math correctly!!

thanks

I get $425.47/mo pre-tax with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bsolsbsols Member Posts: 6
    Hi - Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 12k/36m for a limited 2.5. Getting in NJ.
    bsols said:

Hi - Can you please provide the current RV and MF for 12k/36m for a limited 2.5. Getting in NJ.

58% and .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pinot123pinot123 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Can you please provide the current MF and Residual for Outback Limited 2.5i Limited. Looking for 36/12K.

I am in Northern California.

Are the numbers given here are what you should be getting - I was quoted 0.00099 and 59% by a dealer here in Northern Cali.
    pinot123 said:

Can you please provide the current MF and Residual for Outback Limited 2.5i Limited. Looking for 36/12K.

I am in Northern California.

Are the numbers given here are what you should be getting - I was quoted 0.00099 and 59% by a dealer here in Northern Cali.

.00049 and 58%.

Maximum markup on MF is .00050 ... do the math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the quick response. What I meant was - if the rate you are quoting is.00049 - is that what you should expect to get or will every dealer quote figures above that rate to make a margin.
    pinot123 said:

Thanks for the quick response. What I meant was - if the rate you are quoting is.00049 - is that what you should expect to get or will every dealer quote figures above that rate to make a margin.

I wouldn't sign a lease deal that included a marked up MF. Lots of Subaru dealers to work with - I'm sure one will give you the base rate to make a sale.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks got it. Really appreciate it.
    Hi all,

need some advice on this one. the dealer i got the best quoted price is in IL and i am in NJ. i just found out that they do not offer out of state leases for some reason. and the only way i can get the car is check/finance. is there a reason why this dealer does not participate in OOS lease? i don't really understand why since the lease would be with the bank/Chase.

If anyone has any input on OOS leases/purchase, can you please provide some insight as to any additional fees that might be required?

vchiu7 said:

Hi all,

need some advice on this one. the dealer i got the best quoted price is in IL and i am in NJ. i just found out that they do not offer out of state leases for some reason. and the only way i can get the car is check/finance. is there a reason why this dealer does not participate in OOS lease? i don't really understand why since the lease would be with the bank/Chase.

If anyone has any input on OOS leases/purchase, can you please provide some insight as to any additional fees that might be required?

It might be an Illinois specific problem, or it could be that Chase won't do out of state leases that aren't from nearby states. If they won't do it, you are out of luck.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182
    vchiu7 said:

Hi all,

Did you find out what was the reason ? Does it mean we cannot lease Subaru from another state dealer at all ?

• sebastian10sebastian10 Member Posts: 72
    vchiu7 said:
    Hi all, need some advice on this one. the dealer i got the best quoted price is in IL and i am in NJ. i just found out that they do not offer out of state leases for some reason. and the only way i can get the car is check/finance. is there a reason why this dealer does not participate in OOS lease? i don't really understand why since the lease would be with the bank/Chase. If anyone has any input on OOS leases/purchase, can you please provide some insight as to any additional fees that might be required?
    Could you tell me the name of the dealership? I'm looking at Outback, too and I'm from IL. 
    Can I have numbers for 24/12 and 36/12 for 3.6R in Chicago?

57% and .00031.

You don't want a 24 month lease ....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

57% and .00031.

You don't want a 24 month lease ....
    @Michaell what is the max discount that you have seen on 3.6 Outback ? MSRP is $37.5K right now. Do you think it is possible to negotiate and get sale price of $32K ? Have you seen $5.5K discount on this vehicle ?

spidpooy said:
    57% and .00031. You don't want a 24 month lease ....
    @Michaell what is the max discount that you have seen on 3.6 Outback ? MSRP is $37.5K right now. Do you think it is possible to negotiate and get sale price of $32K ? Have you seen $5.5K discount on this vehicle ?
    Given that I bought one two and a half months ago I would say no.  These are very popular and do not get much of a discount from sticker 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Given that I bought one two and a half months ago I would say no.  These are very popular and do not get much of a discount from sticker 

Same as 2016 Mazda CX-5. But 2015... we'll see on Friday :) Thanks for this forum!

Same as 2016 Mazda CX-5. But 2015... we'll see on Friday :) Thanks for this forum!

Thanks. Hope you can get a good deal on 2015. Keep us updated pls.

• wizard8080wizard8080 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    Lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited and Premium, 36/15 and 36/12 in California.

Thank you so much!
    Lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited and Premium, 36/15 and 36/12 in California. Thank you so much!
    36/15 numbers. 
    Premium - 55% and .00029
    Limited - 55% and .00031

Add 2% for 12k

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

FYI everyone, we just got our new Outback, and we found out Subaru is waiving the $595 bank/acquisition fee this month. Also there was another $250 rebate that was taken off. We got $2500 off a Limited with a sticker of $35,878 so we saved a total of $3345. With a low .00031 MF, seems like a great time to lease an Outback. Our drive off was $890 and $413/mo for 15k mi 36 mo.

FYI everyone, we just got our new Outback, and we found out Subaru is waiving the $595 bank/acquisition fee this month. Also there was another $250 rebate that was taken off. We got $2500 off a Limited with a sticker of $35,878 so we saved a total of $3345. With a low .00031 MF, seems like a great time to lease an Outback. Our drive off was $890 and $413/mo for 15k mi 36 mo.

That is a great deal. The bank fee waiver is limited only to Outback or can be used for Legacy too ?
  • pcrage_2pcrage_2 Member Posts: 3
    how about lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium, 36/15 , in Indiana? very much appreciated!
    pcrage_2 said:

how about lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium, 36/15 , in Indiana? very much appreciated!

55% and .00029

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

spidpooy said:

The bank fee waiver is limited only to Outback or can be used for Legacy too ?

This I do not know, but besides the bank fee waiver, don't forget about the $250 rebate also. Michael/Moderator, do you know about these incentives?

spidpooy said:

The bank fee waiver is limited only to Outback or can be used for Legacy too ?

This I do not know, but besides the bank fee waiver, don't forget about the $250 rebate also. Michael/Moderator, do you know about these incentives?
    These incentives are news to me, and could be dealer specific or regional. But, it can't hurt to ask.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hockeymom1712hockeymom1712 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know the MF and RV for a 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium for 36mos/15K miles in Rockville, MD (Washington DC area) for May? Thank you very much.

Does anyone know the MF and RV for a 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium for 36mos/15K miles in Rockville, MD (Washington DC area) for May? Thank you very much.

55% and .00029

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator