Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

About to close, have some questions

jppittsburgh1jppittsburgh1 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Subaru
Closing my deal this evening:
2015 Outback Limited w/ Moonroof/PBStart/Navi/Eyesight ie package 23
With other adds like dim mirror, bumber/side modings and other
Monroney MSRP: 35,325
Added: Remote start & All weather Mats (not on Monroney)

Negotiated Price: 32,793
Acq fee: $595 "other" fee: $320
Cap reduction(trade): 3175 (14000 puchase -10825 note)
(FYI - IMO - I worked with 4 dealers and this one offered 700 to 000 more for my trade than any other souce AFTER back and forth)

12K miles / 36 mo
57% residual w/ MF of: 0.00031
Pennsylvania: 10% tax on lease payment

I'm comming up with a monthly payment of $333
With ~582 due at signing (~109 doc fee; and ~140 in registration/title etc)

Questions:
1) How did I do with my negotiating ?
2) Did I calculate my payment right?
2) Do I have the abiltiy to request/require the remote start & mats be added to the MSRP for calculation or am I stuck with the Monroney? - If I'm calcualting right, that could decrese my payment by $6 to 7 per month - every little bit helps

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Closing my deal this evening:
    2015 Outback Limited w/ Moonroof/PBStart/Navi/Eyesight ie package 23
    With other adds like dim mirror, bumber/side modings and other
    Monroney MSRP: 35,325
    Added: Remote start & All weather Mats (not on Monroney)

Negotiated Price: 32,793
    Acq fee: $595 "other" fee: $320
    Cap reduction(trade): 3175 (14000 puchase -10825 note)
    (FYI - IMO - I worked with 4 dealers and this one offered 700 to 000 more for my trade than any other souce AFTER back and forth)

12K miles / 36 mo
    57% residual w/ MF of: 0.00031
    Pennsylvania: 10% tax on lease payment

I'm comming up with a monthly payment of $333
    With ~582 due at signing (~109 doc fee; and ~140 in registration/title etc)

Questions:

1) How did I do with my negotiating ?
    2) Did I calculate my payment right?
    2) Do I have the abiltiy to request/require the remote start & mats be added to the MSRP for calculation or am I stuck with the Monroney? - If I'm calcualting right, that could decrese my payment by $6 to 7 per month - every little bit helps

Using a net cap cost of $30,533 ($32,793 + 595 + 320 - 3175), I get a payment of $335/mo, so pretty close to your estimate of $333 (rounding may account for the difference).

Dealer accessories cannot be residualized.

One thing .. we do not recommend you use trade equity to buy down the payment - if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Each $1000 equates to about $28/mo on the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tiara1tiara1 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Hi @jppittsburgh1

Are you considering the 4 or 6 cyl?

If you are taking the Eyesight package than remote start is included. It adds about $2990 to the cost of the MSRP. The So for the 3.6R (6cyl) the starting MSRP is 33,845. If they are willing to sell you the vehicle for 32,793. You did an awesome job negotiating. Its actually below invoice. Your monthly payment however is only affected by the money you put down interest rate and term. (NOT so much your TRADE IN since they have to resell or wholesale it; trade in's only help with getting better approvals from the bank ONLY if you do not owe any money on it). So if you want to lower your monthly payment pay your taxes, mvc, doc, dest., bank fee, and 1st month's payment. up front! along with your down payment. Thats the best way to get the lowest monthly payment. But if you are not able to do so make sure you tell your sales person as soon and as often as possible.

Good Luck
    [non-permissible content removed]