Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How is this BMW 328 lease offer?

my_bimmermy_bimmer Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in BMW
Hello everyone,

I'm so happy to get my first car in my life.

I just visited a dealership today. I got the offer for a BMW 328i as below

MSRP: 39900
RV: 66%
Lease: 3 yrs / 30k miles
selling price: 35595 (Is it a good price ? It's almost 2200 below invoice)
MF: 0.00169 (I told him many people got 0.0013, but he said as I am a F1 student with only 1 year credit history, so the MF is higher. Is this reasonable ? )

corporate offer : my company has a program for 1.5k. I'm not sure how this works ? After applied this offer, my selling price becomes: 35595 - 1500, or I can use this money for down payment.

memorial day is coming. Is there any offer on that day ?

And I live in California.

Thanks

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    my_bimmer said:

Hello everyone,

MF: 0.00169 (I told him many people got 0.0013, but he said as I am a F1 student with only 1 year credit history, so the MF is higher. Is this reasonable ? )

corporate offer : my company has a program for 1.5k. I'm not sure how this works ? After applied this offer, my selling price becomes: 35595 - 1500, or I can use this money for down payment.

Thanks

The base MF is .00129; I'm not sure I believe the dealer's logic for increasing it. You may want to check with other BMW dealers - there are plenty to choose from in CA.

I don't know how your company incentive factors into the deal, either - you should check with someone at your employer to get more details.

I don't know if there will be any special offers for the Memorial Day holiday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• my_bimmermy_bimmer Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your information. The dealer agrees to give me 0.00129 MF. And the corporate offer seems like offering $1500 cash reward, I think this is better then cap cost reduction.

Now it seems the offer looks good. I'm going to close it this weekend. By the way, do you know the base amount for 1) acquisition fee 2) disposition fee 3) doc fee 4) any fee I'm not aware of right now

And will the dealer mark up the DMV fee ? Thank you very much.
    Michaell said:

my_bimmer said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

The base MF is .00129; I'm not sure I believe the dealer's logic for increasing it. You may want to check with other BMW dealers - there are plenty to choose from in CA.

I don't know how your company incentive factors into the deal, either - you should check with someone at your employer to get more details.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    my_bimmer said:

Thank you for your information. The dealer agrees to give me 0.00129 MF. And the corporate offer seems like offering $1500 cash reward, I think this is better then cap cost reduction.

Now it seems the offer looks good. I'm going to close it this weekend. By the way, do you know the base amount for 1) acquisition fee 2) disposition fee 3) doc fee 4) any fee I'm not aware of right now

Michaell said:

my_bimmer said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Base acquisition fee is $795.
    Don't know the disposition fee, but it's on the contract and not alterable or negotiable.
    Doc fee is restricted to $80 maximum in California.
    Never heard of a dealer marking up the actual DMV fees. I would think that would be illegal. Either way, in CA, it's around 1% of MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• my_bimmermy_bimmer Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. ~
    kyfdx said:

my_bimmer said:

Michaell said:

my_bimmer said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Base acquisition fee is $795.
    Don't know the disposition fee, but it's on the contract and not alterable or negotiable.
    Doc fee is restricted to $80 maximum in California.
    Never heard of a dealer marking up the actual DMV fees. I would think that would be illegal. Either way, in CA, it's around 1% of MSRP