Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

98 Ford Taurus no start

pfintpfint Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Ford
I have a 98 Ford Taurus U vin3.0 I have spark at the plug and fuel at the rail the car is a no start and I can't figure out why. It sounds like the battery is low when cranking over but the battery was checked and fully charged with no help. It still has a slow crank and every once in a while acts like it wants to start I've checked all fluids and even had it on a computer tester at one point I dnt know what else to check or do and now the car is stranded in a Kroger parking lot and if I dnt figure it out quick they will tow it im broke at the moment any ideas???

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,482
    Did you try a jump start? If that doesn't work, and you have fuel and you have spark, then it must be that your injectors are not firing? You can test this with a simple NOID light from Autozone. If it starts with a jump start then something's up with battery or starter motor, or battery cables or grounds.
  • gator81gator81 Posts: 2
    I cant figure out how to start my own post lol but I've got a 98 also that has sat for 3 years. I've checked most of the usuals changed filter. I know its a fuel problem cause starts with ether. The switch in trunk I try to reset it but doesn't push down. Not sure please help!