Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I Want the 2016 Mustang Hood Blinkers - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in Ford
imageI Want the 2016 Mustang Hood Blinkers - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

The new 2016 Ford Mustang offers turn signal indicators integrated into its hood. Our long-term Mustang doesn't have them, but we kinda wish it did.

Read the full story here

Comments

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    How do you feel about laser cats? I enjoy my Jag's "Heartbeat and Handshake." As long as I'm under warranty of course!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97
    I like this. It's fun... and encourages drivers to use their turn signal!
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91
    From where I sit in my 2015, I can't really even see the hood vents, so this does not excite me much.
  • mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Member Posts: 39
    The folks that designed the new Mustang remember being kids. I really like that. The car is just fun. I put a hoonigan exhaust on mine and just took my neighbor and his kid out for a drive around the block. I'm telling you - the grin on that face was priceless. The nine-year-old had fun too. And the car is even a blast at 45mph on my evening commute home. Oh - and my kid's in-laws were taking selfies with the horse lasers. People just like this thing (including me). Nicely done Ford.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    " I don't like the horse lasers on our 2015 Ford Mustang GT."

Seriously, those are LEDs not lasers. It would make no sense to use lasers there. It is an LED projector silhouette.
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    The fender indicator lights are fine, but did Ford really feel the need to replicate the speed AND sound of a Tung-Sol SAE 224 thermal flasher? Well, at least the speed most Fords flashed at.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I'm sorry, but you cannot say the words "laser" and "hate" in the same sentence. Lasers are always cool. Its a cheesy effect, but its fun. I do like those turn signals, though and agree it encourages use of them which is a plus.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I'm just happy that Ford did the morally correct thing and brought back sequential turn signals. So although I might normally think the hood signals are silly, Ford gets an automatic pass from me on this.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    I would prefer the insets be body color.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    Many drivers have dismissed such notions as turn signal usage (when sneaking into your lane). Then the sequential rear signals returned on the Mustang, revolutionizing turn signal usage one pony at a time. Every Stang driver will now give you a light show and this will help the driver get a show as well.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    FYI, the hood mounted indicators were optional in 1967; you only got them if you ordered the Exterior Decor Group or the Sports Sprint. The feature became standard in 1968. And yes; the vents were also functional. I know because my dad had a 1967 289 with the LDG.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• chgomurphchgomurph Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2015 50 yr gt convertible with the hood scoops. Can I get the turn signals that are on the 2016 for my 2015?

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    chgomurph said:

I have a 2015 50 yr gt convertible with the hood scoops. Can I get the turn signals that are on the 2016 for my 2015?

I'm sure they can be added, it's only a question of how much effort would be involved. If it isn't too much of a hassle I expect one or more of the major Mustang accessory/performance vendors to offer a conversion kit. I'd also check some of the Mustang forums such as StangNet; I'm almost certain that other owners are investigating retrofitting the lights

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive