Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Door speakers work for a few seconds and then door speakers stop.

2004s93hpt2004s93hpt Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Saab
Door speakers work for a few seconds when the stereo is turned on, but the door volume is just a bit lower than the front speakers. Then the door speakers stop sounding while the other car speakers continue. How can the intermittent door speaker function be corrected?
Tagged:

Comments

• 2004s93hpt2004s93hpt Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    My amplifier under the driver's seat that drives the door speakers works the door speakers, but the door volume is just a bit lower than the front speakers? How can the volume of the door speakers be managed?
  • 2004s93hpt2004s93hpt Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    My amplifier that drives the door speakers ( the one located under the driver's seat ) speakers works but the door speakers are just a bit staticky compared to the front speakers. What can cause the scratchy quality to the door speakers? How can the scratchy quality of the door speakers be corrected?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds like frayed wiring to me. Can you open the doors and see any wires going into the door? If so, try jiggling them and see if you can make the door speakers go off and on.