Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Anyone else seeing everything breakdown within 4 years of purchase?

blueody2011blueody2011 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Honda
I bought a 2011 Touring in October 2010 when the new model was just released. It seems as soon as my 3 year warranty ran out, everything has gone to hell. Air conditioning has died. Both motors for both sides of the sliding doors have needed to be replaced (at cost of $1100 each). Anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

I bought a 2011 Touring in October 2010 when the new model was just released. It seems as soon as my 3 year warranty ran out, everything has gone to hell. Air conditioning has died. Both motors for both sides of the sliding doors have needed to be replaced (at cost of $1100 each). Anyone else had this experience?

And here I thought Hondas were the paragon of quality.

Sorry to hear about your experiences ... have you tried to work with the dealer to see if they would cover at least a portion of the out-of-warranty costs you've experienced?

I'll see if I can round up some other folks to offer their opinion as well....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Everything?
  • yakapo1yakapo1 Member Posts: 5

teething issues?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A TV reporter is looking for a family with a car in need of repairs, but is holding off because the estimates (preferably $1,000 or more) are too high and/or they can’t afford to pay for the repairs at this time. The reporter will work with Edmunds to evaluate the estimate and help the family find ways to bring down the cost of the repairs. If you'd like to participate, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Friday, May 29, 2015.