Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Couple questions about 2015 Altima SV

pk20pk20 Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Nissan
Hi everyone,

So I just got a 2015 Nissan Altima SV with the convenience, tech, and cold weather packages. While driving home from the dealership, I saw that the tires had 53-54 PSI in them. The tires that came with the car are Michelin Primacy MXV4 which are recommended to 33 PSI. Was this done on purpose by the dealer/manufacturer to help break the tires in or should I deflate them to 33 PSI? Also, the deal included free oil changes from the dealership and they said the first oil change would be at 3,750 miles, should I do the first oil change that early or wait till at least 5,000 miles or 10,000 miles? Also, is the first screen on the Vehicle Information Display between the gauges where the car shows supposed to be for something or is it just there to look cool because I couldn't figure out what it was for?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    wayne21wayne21 Member Posts: 259
    The put the excess air in the tires so they won't have flat spots on them after sitting on the lot for long periods of time. The oil change is your call, but if they are changing the oil "free" for you, I'd suggest following their recommendations. The VID between the gauges has a lot of information for you. Your salesman should have shown you how this works, but if you don't want to read the owner's manual, you will find a little elongated "toggle" button on the left of the steering wheel. Just below it are two small buttons. Push the left one to change the screens for different information and use the elongated toggle to change items on individual screen pages.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    pk20 said:

Hi everyone,

So I just got a 2015 Nissan Altima SV with the convenience, tech, and cold weather packages. While driving home from the dealership, I saw that the tires had 53-54 PSI in them. The tires that came with the car are Michelin Primacy MXV4 which are recommended to 33 PSI. Was this done on purpose by the dealer/manufacturer to help break the tires in or should I deflate them to 33 PSI? Also, the deal included free oil changes from the dealership and they said the first oil change would be at 3,750 miles, should I do the first oil change that early or wait till at least 5,000 miles or 10,000 miles? Also, is the first screen on the Vehicle Information Display between the gauges where the car shows supposed to be for something or is it just there to look cool because I couldn't figure out what it was for?

Thanks!

They missed the tire pressure on the pre-delivery inspection. Makes you wonder what else they missed. Check for proper pressure on the sticker on your door jamb, and make that change immediately. I would imagine it was a rough ride at 53 PSI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wayne21 said:

The put the excess air in the tires so they won't have flat spots on them after sitting on the lot for long periods of time. The oil change is your call, but if they are changing the oil "free" for you, I'd suggest following their recommendations. The VID between the gauges has a lot of information for you. Your salesman should have shown you how this works, but if you don't want to read the owner's manual, you will find a little elongated "toggle" button on the left of the steering wheel. Just below it are two small buttons. Push the left one to change the screens for different information and use the elongated toggle to change items on individual screen pages.

Thanks! I mostly understand the VID but the only part I don't understand is why on the first screen of the VID, there is an Altima on a lane and the car thats shown, I can change its color using the body color setting; why is that there?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thank you! I drove the car today for about 65 miles on the 54 PSI, I hope I didn't damage the tires too much. Since you mentioned it, I just checked the pre-delivery checklist and nothing was checked off on it so I will be going back to the dealer tomorrow and complaining as to why this was the case and I will be deflating the tires to the right pressure!