Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

1101112131416»

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    c_santos said:

Good afternoon can you tell me if my calculations are correct... Seems a little too good to be true.

2014 CC Sport 36 Month Lease 12k/year

MSRP: $34,930
    Negotiated price (Truecar.com): $28,283
    VW Lease Cash: $3500
    Money Down:$1000
    Residual Value: $17,814
    MF:0.00008
    Pre Tax Monthly Payment: $169.13
    NJ Tax 7%: $11.84
    Total Monthly Payment: $180.97

I just don't think the dealer will honor the lease cash with the true car price being that low. What do you think? Trying to get a honest opinion before going to the dealer. Thanks for the help.

My guess is that the pricing already includes the $3500 lease cash - that's still a $3100 discount from sticker.

Does the money down cover up front taxes and fees and first payment?

And, in NJ the tax is applied to the entire lease up front and either paid at lease inception or rolled into the cap cost.

MF is .00008 and 36/12 residual is 51%. With the MSRP and selling price as listed above, I get a pre-tax payment of $294.49/mo.

Which is still strong on a car that stickers for $35K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• yookentcmeyookentcme Member Posts: 13
    Hi. Looking for cc r line and executive v6 res value and mf for this month. 36/10k mi. Thank you!

Hi. Looking for cc r line and executive v6 res value and mf for this month. 36/10k mi. Thank you!

.00021 and 52% for all trims.

$3250 lease cash on the R-line, $2000 for the Executive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bigmefbigmef Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2015
    kyfdx said:
    Ask your Passat CC lease questions here!
    Hi there i wanna ask someone who can help me . Is it possible to change the sound of my cc 2.0 2014 model cup TDI . To make more noisy ? 
    Thanks

You want a louder exhaust?
  • xxrobo818xx3xxrobo818xx3 Member Posts: 98
    Hello

15 cc r line residual money factor and lease cash please 36/10
    r0bh said:

Hello

15 cc r line residual money factor and lease cash please 36/10

.00001 and 50%. $4000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• figs_007figs_007 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking to lease the 2016 Volksawagon cc Sport here in SoCal. Here is the best lease offer , after going through several dealerships (only 1 is offering this deal):

$239/month +taxes
    $2999 down + drive off
    Residual - $18958
    MSRP - $35770
    Total for 10k miles/year
    Paying my remaining lease payments - Total $555

Every dealership is telling me that this offer is already heavily discounted and most cannot match this or even if they can, they wont take my remaining 3 payments. The dealer that is giving me this offer, says he only has 2 units that he has this offer going on for.

The VW dealers had a conquest offer going that ended today whereby ther giving $1500 credit for all non-VW owners (already built into the numbers I gave above).

I really don't want to pay more than a $1000 down and want the terms to be 12k miles/year and would take the deal with everything remaining the same. The True car value for this car in my zip is coming to be $31244.

Personally, I don't think what I am asking for is anything that qualifies as a really BIG discount. Can you guys please help throw some light as to whether I am right and should stand my ground or am I just asking for too much!!

Thanks!

figs_007 said:

Hi,

I am looking to lease the 2016 Volksawagon cc Sport here in SoCal. Here is the best lease offer , after going through several dealerships (only 1 is offering this deal):

$239/month +taxes
    $2999 down + drive off
    Residual - $18958
    MSRP - $35770
    Total for 10k miles/year
    Paying my remaining lease payments - Total $555

Every dealership is telling me that this offer is already heavily discounted and most cannot match this or even if they can, they wont take my remaining 3 payments. The dealer that is giving me this offer, says he only has 2 units that he has this offer going on for.

The VW dealers had a conquest offer going that ended today whereby ther giving $1500 credit for all non-VW owners (already built into the numbers I gave above).

I really don't want to pay more than a $1000 down and want the terms to be 12k miles/year and would take the deal with everything remaining the same. The True car value for this car in my zip is coming to be $31244.

Personally, I don't think what I am asking for is anything that qualifies as a really BIG discount. Can you guys please help throw some light as to whether I am right and should stand my ground or am I just asking for too much!!

Thanks!

Lease numbers for the CC Sport are .00055 and 52% for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year.

The $2999 down equates to about $83/mo on your payment ... we recommend not making a down payment and just paying the inception costs up front.

I don't see a negotiated price or cap cost, so can't help you with the payment calculation.

Why are you wanting to end your current lease 3 months early? Why not wait and save the hassle of having to deal with the remaining payments?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• figs_007figs_007 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Michaell for lr your response.

The selling price, when I asked the dealer, he quoted is $32061.

He is paying the last 3 months on my car. Also, since I have 3 months remaining, I am in no hurry to close on any deal with VW.

Also, are the 2016s not having any lease cash offers, since they are newer models, because I feel the selling price is way too high.

Your advise would be highly appreciated.
    figs_007 said:

Thanks Michaell for lr your response.

The selling price, when I asked the dealer, he quoted is $32061.

He is paying the last 3 months on my car. Also, since I have 3 months remaining, I am in no hurry to close on any deal with VW.

Also, are the 2016s not having any lease cash offers, since they are newer models, because I feel the selling price is way too high.

Your advise would be highly appreciated.

With your prices, I get $402/mo + tax, with $0 down payment. I suspect the cap cost is quite a bit lower than that if you are getting quoted $239/mo ($322/mo with $0 down).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ellinjtheellinjthe Member Posts: 6
    anyone have current numbers for v6 4motion, 3year 36000miles in RI. Any lease cash?
    ellinjthe said:

anyone have current numbers for v6 4motion, 3year 36000miles in RI. Any lease cash?

.00055 and 51%. $3000 lease cash.

Numbers expire tomorrow, 4/4/16

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• local954erlocal954er Member Posts: 31
    Hello Edmunds experts and Mods!

I've got an existing 2013 CC Lease with a few months left (will need to pay overage fees on the mileage - my own fault for trying to lower my monthly payment on my last lease and not looking at the big picture ) and am looking to negotiate a new lease this coming weekend/month end.

Can anyone advise what the money factor/price point, residual, etc is for a 2016 CC with someone with a roughly 735 credit? I'd be looking to put maybe only around $500 down and need 15,000 miles a year. I'm in the South Florida area if that helps where there are a few mega-dealerships that are competitive.

Thanks in advance!
    Sorry, forgot to mention 36 month term. But if there are good incentives for other terms I might consider more or less.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

I've got an existing 2013 CC Lease with a few months left (will need to pay overage fees on the mileage - my own fault for trying to lower my monthly payment on my last lease and not looking at the big picture ) and am looking to negotiate a new lease this coming weekend/month end.

Can anyone advise what the money factor/price point, residual, etc is for a 2016 CC with someone with a roughly 735 credit? I'd be looking to put maybe only around $500 down and need 15,000 miles a year. I'm in the South Florida area if that helps where there are a few mega-dealerships that are competitive.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, forgot to mention 36 month term. But if there are good incentives for other terms I might consider more or less.

.00055 MF and 48% residual. $3250 dealer lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Thanks in advance!

.00055 MF and 48% residual. $3250 dealer lease cash.
    So just to confirm the dealer has at least $3250 of "wiggle" room from the MSRP, or do you think I could get $3250 off the TrueCar best price for my area which is 28,118 for the base model? I'm getting ready to finish my 2nd CC lease and I negotiated badly the 2nd time (allowed them to roll negative equity from 1st lease into lease amount, didn't negotiate on net cost, etc) and want to go in this time with all my figures and numbers ready. Also, when calculating my monthly depreciation portion of my payment I base the residual on the net cost, correct?

Thanks again for all your help.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    The CC is not a hot seller. I would locate the invoice price for the car you're interested in and then offer a number anywhere from 3750-4250 under that for negotiating your price.

When I had leased my CC a few years ago, they went to 500 below invoice pricing before applying any incentives. My understanding is not much has changed.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Best place to find accurate invoice pricing?

The CC is not a hot seller. I would locate the invoice price for the car you're interested in and then offer a number anywhere from 3750-4250 under that for negotiating your price.

When I had leased my CC a few years ago, they went to 500 below invoice pricing before applying any incentives. My understanding is not much has changed.

Best place to find ACCURATE invoice pricing?
    I typically rely on Edmunds.
    @local954er VW's nationally advertised lease deal on a CC Sport includes a $750 dealer discount on top of the lease cash. So, that's the maximum price you should shoot for. See how much better you can do than that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Good answer!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Good answer!
    I figured you and Michaell would like that. 

kyfdx said:

Good answer!

I figured you and Michaell would like that. 

That might have been a stupid question on my part considering I already found my way to this website as evident by my posting...

So, running the numbers----I ask ye experts - without putting much more then inception down what do you think my chances are of getting a 36 month 15k lease for less then $400 a month? Slim to none with a side of nada?
    Hard to say without knowing the MSRP and Invoice of the specific car you're looking at....if you have that it's pretty easy to run the numbers. 
    If we assume a sale price of $500 under invoice on a DSG Sport with no other options, with the lease cash and then $1000 Memorial Day rebate VW seems to be running, I get the following. 

MSRP: 35,340
    Sale price: $33,427 (500 under invoice)
    Less incentives ($3250 lease cash + $1000 Memorial Day cash): $29,127

Money factor: .00055
    Residual: 48% (16,963.20)

Monthly: $363.20 + tax

First month, acquisition fee, and tags due at signing. 

I think with tax you're over 400 most likely and it assumes I have the incentives and sale price right. Given that I was only paying $250 month plus tax sign and drive for my 2013, I wouldn't pay $400+ a month for a CC...
    Sorry, yes, the base (I believe it's called DSG Sport this model year) automatic transmission model - no two tone seating or anything extra. In Florida the sales tax on 363.20 would put me under $400 which I could live with... the dang money factor is high on the CC and the MSRP has slowly creeped up over the past few years. My first lease in 2011 was like 349 out the door for 15k/year....

Can you show me how you did your math for the 363.20?
    With a net cost of 29177 I'm getting a 48% residual of 14004.96 and needing to finance 15172.04 over 36 months coming out to a depreciation cost of 421.45 a month and with the .00055 money factor adding 23.75 a month for 445.20 plus tax...

I can see I'm doing something wrong - which part?

Sorry, yes, the base (I believe it's called DSG Sport this model year) automatic transmission model - no two tone seating or anything extra. In Florida the sales tax on 363.20 would put me under $400 which I could live with... the dang money factor is high on the CC and the MSRP has slowly creeped up over the past few years. My first lease in 2011 was like 349 out the door for 15k/year....

Can you show me how you did your math for the 363.20?
    With a net cost of 29177 I'm getting a 48% residual of 14004.96 and needing to finance 15172.04 over 36 months coming out to a depreciation cost of 421.45 a month and with the .00055 money factor adding 23.75 a month for 445.20 plus tax...

I can see I'm doing something wrong - which part?

The residual is a percentage of MSRP, not the CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks yoda aka kyfdx!
    Well if the dealership is willing to apply the lease cash, memorial day cash, dealer discount and not kill me on inception/acquisition I might be able to swing this within budget. I'm a 4th time customer and a major competitor just opened about a year ago so anything is possible...I just hope I don't get stuck if an unreasonably high residual so I'll need to negotiate on the gross cost also I guess

I'll let you know how I make out this weekend - thanks for everyone's help and tips...
    Well even though I only have 3x months of payments left on the lease it doesn't look like anyone is willing to work a deal where I turn it in early to get another CC without rolling the 3x payments into the cost of the new lease, which I'm not willing to do. Maybe I'll take another crack at it tomorrow - thanks again for everyone's help
    I'm not overly surprised. VW is not big on pull ahead programs, if I recall. 
    Anyone online now that can give me the money factor and residual on the 48month/15k of the CC Spoet?

Anyone online now that can give me the money factor and residual on the 48month/15k of the CC Spoet?

.00105 and 41% (ouch). $3250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Never mind ; dealer showed me sheet 41% MF .00105
    I didnt see your response right away because it went to a new page. They're claiming the $1000 addtl memorial day lease cash doesnt apply to CC -- is that correct?
    I didnt see your response right away because it went to a new page. They're claiming the $1000 addtl memorial day lease cash doesnt apply to CC -- is that correct?
     We don't have any incentive information  Beyond the lease cash 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Gotcha; thanks for all the info you guys were able to provide. Looks like I'm biting the bullet on 48 month lease for lower payments. I like the car alot and this will be my third so I think i'll be ok with sticking with it for another 4 years.

Just Passat, Tiguan and Jetta, I think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator