Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Does the CR-V vibration issue develop after time?

slashyjslashyj Member Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Honda
I'm thinking of purchasing a 2015 (CVT) CR-V. I test drove one a few months ago and one recently and there were no vibration issues.
Has anybody purchased one without vibration and had it develop over time? This may hold back my purchase.

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    slashyj said:

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2015 (CVT) CR-V. I test drove one a few months ago and one recently and there were no vibration issues.
    Has anybody purchased one without vibration and had it develop over time? This may hold back my purchase.

You may find some helpful info in Edmunds 2015 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

This is another spot owners of affected CR-Vs are talking: Vibration issue with 2015 Honda CR-V

• justloujustlou Member Posts: 35
    slashyj said:

I haven't seen the issue after a few thousand miles, and neither has my co-worker who has had his CR-V even longer. Beware that there are a lot of phony reviews on the Edmond's site now, with people creating multiple accounts to trash the CR-V. Same goes in various forums with users posting under multiple accounts.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    Actually we have a very actively moderated community and sockpuppetry isn't very common. If you have a question about someone's post on the forums or on the consumer car reviews, shoot a moderator an email and we'll be happy to check it out.
    stever said:

Actually we have a very actively moderated community and sockpuppetry isn't very common. If you have a question about someone's post on the forums or on the consumer car reviews, shoot a moderator an email and we'll be happy to check it out.

Sorry for the confusion. The sock puppets aren't on this forum. They're on a different forum that gets mentioned a lot in the vibration threads.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    We actively moderate the consumer reviews too, just to be clear.

And go Mets. :)
    stever said:

And go Mets. :)

;)
  • jimbo65jimbo65 Member Posts: 65
    Ours new 1-3-15 and now 4690 miles, never had vibration.
    2015 CR-V EX-L 2WD = One Sweet Ride :p
  • slashyjslashyj Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all. It's so tough purchasing a new vehicle. Honda has a great reputation and we've had good luck with our 2003 Odyssey.
  • jdubyajdubya Member Posts: 4
  • jimbo65jimbo65 Member Posts: 65
    Update: now 10 months old and odometer nearing 8,000 miles and all is well. No issues. None. Gas mileage ranges 33-36 mpg, great ride, quiet enough, engine and cvt provides power and smooth acceleration as needed. Our CR-V has a very good Honda build to it and is still a joy to drive every time. B)
    2015 CR-V EX-L 2WD = One Sweet Ride :p