Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013-'14 Ford Focus ST, Escape Recalled for Stalling Risk | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Ford
image2013-'14 Ford Focus ST, Escape Recalled for Stalling Risk | Edmunds.com

Ford Motor Co. is recalling 159,395 2013-'14 Ford Focus ST hatchbacks and Ford Escape SUVs in North America because of a stalling risk linked to defective engine wiring harnesses.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539

Insert joke about inability to drive a manual...

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

@ahightower - As cool as it would be to have a manual transmission in 2.0T Escape, I think you're a little optimistic. What happens is the engine just dies. It has happened to me a couple of times - thankfully as I was slowing down, clutch pedal depressed - and is definitely NOT operator error. Not to mention the annoyance of engine hesitation & lack of power. A recall is warranted.

• maxxxxdmaxxxxd Member Posts: 1

I belong to a Focus ST club and we've all had issues at one point or another in time. This is an easy fix and no one feels like they are in danger. This car has been the BEST one I've aver owned to date!

• shari_dshari_d Member Posts: 1

My 2013 Ford Escape Titanium has been powering down and stalling out every day and the dealership refuses to address this issue. Nothing worse than driving on the highway and the car stalls out. I was told by the dealership this morning that I needed to pay for this repair before the "official" recall is sent out. I will NEVER buy another Ford product again. Not worth the hassle and all the recalls.

• effed_by_fordeffed_by_ford Member Posts: 1
    I had the issue and the car died at a stop light just over of a hill where you can see the light in the distance, but nothing ground level so someone coming up the hill could've run into me without seeing me over the horizon. Ford's customer service is absolute garbage. Don't buy Ford.
  • cindoldcindold Member Posts: 2
    I have the opposite problem. Motor revs and shifts out of gear!
  • robmartinsrobmartins Member Posts: 8
    I have the same problem but only now, 8 years after I bought the car new in 2012. It is a 2013 Escape 2.0 Ecoboost. Has anyone had any success finding the cause of this problem? It seems this recall never came to be.