Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Best pricing / deals for X3 - please advise guys

ashish9375ashish9375 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in BMW
Hello Friends,

I am in market for a new BMW x28i, I got a quote from dealer $500 above invoice. Has anyone got a deal about $1.5 to 2k below invoice? I am not in rush, I just want to wait for the best deal. Does X3s normally have good deals and if yes during which time of year? The dealer in my area told me X3 is one of the model which doesnt come with any factory incentives or deals during any time of the year, I didnt believed him.

Thanks,
Ashish

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123

Hello Friends,

I am in market for a new BMW x28i, I got a quote from dealer $500 above invoice. Has anyone got a deal about $1.5 to 2k below invoice? I am not in rush, I just want to wait for the best deal. Does X3s normally have good deals and if yes during which time of year? The dealer in my area told me X3 is one of the model which doesnt come with any factory incentives or deals during any time of the year, I didnt believed him.

Thanks,
    Ashish

There aren't any incentives on the 2015 X3. 7% off MSRP is a good number to shoot for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stekicarstekicar Member Posts: 55
    Per my experience, the best deal I got was 4.5% off from MSRP 46650 for 2016 X3 model. Then, when they start running numbers for lease, all of this "discount" was taken back. For example, I got an offer for 44551 which was 2099 in "discount". Then, for 15k/36m I got an offer $722.50 (tax included) but my calculations showed $690.87. Over 36 months the difference gets as (722.5-690.87)*36=$1141.92. Then they included in "cash on delivery" aquisition fee of $995 (should be $950), although 46650 includes AQ fee. So it turns out that real "discount" is 2099-1141.92-995=-$37.92. Obviously, 37.92 is in addition to 46650 price. So far I could not find a single deal that was not run like this. And none of the dealers wanted to show me how they got those lease numbers.
  • stekicarstekicar Member Posts: 55
    Made a mistake. AQ fee is not included in sales price. They added this in COD.
  • thenegotiaterthenegotiater Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2015
    Beware of "fake" BMW incentives. BMW Team USA Test Drive $1000 credit is supposedly valid for factory orders or any dealer. But here is what happens:

-They delay sending you discount code for 3 weeks while the dealer you went to bombards you with spam
    -Then they send you code but with a 60 day expiration from day you test drove the car. This makes it useless for factory orders since code has to be applied when car is delivered not date ordered. Takes 6 weeks for factory delivery when you have 4-5 weeks left on coupon.

You wont know if you'll get the discount until car shows up at dealer. Then you're stuck paying extra 1K or re-neg on sale which means you wait for your deposit until they sell the car to someone else.

Bait and switch. Very un-classy BMW USA.

• aduboseadubose Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,

I am looking at a deal on a 2016 BMW X3 in Georgia and want to ensure we are getting the best deal we can. The configuration isn't around anywhere, so we have to build it. I'm sure there is profit in the deal, but I want to ensure it's fair. We are going with Owner's Choice.

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

(M Sport, Premium, Tech, Heated Front Seats, HK Sound System, Smartphone, Driver Assistance, Rear Shades)

MSRP- $53,570
    Discount - $4,000
    Phantom Footprint - $149.00 (going to ask for this to be removed)
    Electronic Titling - $49.00
    Doc. Fee - $599.00
    GATAVT - $3,525.69
    "Non-Tax Fees - $42.00 (who knows what this is)
    Net Price = $53,934.69

The APR is supposed to be set to 2.99% based on credit scores and the Monthly Payment calculated at $760 w/ No Down Payment

Residual on a 36 month Deal (12,000 mile avg.) is 57% as anticipated($30,535)

How does this look and are there opportunities to get a reduction on the fees or discount offered? Can we pick up at the plant in Spartanburg to reduce delivery fees?

Thank you all in advance!
    adubose said:

Hello All,

I am looking at a deal on a 2016 BMW X3 in Georgia and want to ensure we are getting the best deal we can. The configuration isn't around anywhere, so we have to build it. I'm sure there is profit in the deal, but I want to ensure it's fair. We are going with Owner's Choice.

2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i

(M Sport, Premium, Tech, Heated Front Seats, HK Sound System, Smartphone, Driver Assistance, Rear Shades)

MSRP- $53,570
    Discount - $4,000
    Phantom Footprint - $149.00 (going to ask for this to be removed)
    Electronic Titling - $49.00
    Doc. Fee - $599.00
    GATAVT - $3,525.69
    "Non-Tax Fees - $42.00 (who knows what this is)
    Net Price = $53,934.69

The APR is supposed to be set to 2.99% based on credit scores and the Monthly Payment calculated at $760 w/ No Down Payment

Residual on a 36 month Deal (12,000 mile avg.) is 57% as anticipated($30,535)

How does this look and are there opportunities to get a reduction on the fees or discount offered? Can we pick up at the plant in Spartanburg to reduce delivery fees?

Thank you all in advance!

PCD delivery at Spartanburg won't change the price.

There is no APR on a lease. The money factor is .00130. Verify that the dealer isn't marking it up.

$4000 discount is excellent on a 2016 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much for the response. The discount is great, thus my concerns regarding the fees. Are they appropriate? Lastly, on the Owner's Choice, they said agreed to reduce the rate from 3.99% to 2.99%(.0013 would equate to 3.12% so I assume this is their rock bottom for OC) hoping to finalize this tomorrow and place the order for delivery in 3 weeks. Much appreciated!
    adubose said:

Thank you so much for the response. The discount is great, thus my concerns regarding the fees. Are they appropriate? Lastly, on the Owner's Choice, they said agreed to reduce the rate from 3.99% to 2.99%(.0013 would equate to 3.12% so I assume this is their rock bottom for OC) hoping to finalize this tomorrow and place the order for delivery in 3 weeks. Much appreciated!

Ah... Owners Choice.. ergo, the APR. Yes, 3% is the base rate for Owners Choice.

Phantom Footprints is probably window etching..
    $599 doc fee is outrageous, but typical for your area... balance that against the low selling price
    Non-taxable fees are actual government fees for title/registration that have to be paid. That's why they are non-taxable. Probably the only real legitimate fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Awesome. Thank you so much. I'll try to split some of the difference with the dealer fees and will post our outcome!
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    Hi, Here's my deal
    X3 35i 2016
    MSRP $55,195
    Sale price $49,850
    0 down
    15k/36 Months
    Monthly $698.45 includes tax 7%

my question, they mark up money factor by a small bit ? I am coming in with $694.37 I know is a good deal which I accepted already. Thank You for you reply/comments
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

Hi, Here's my deal
    X3 35i 2016
    MSRP $55,195
    Sale price $49,850
    0 down
    15k/36 Months
    Monthly $698.45 includes tax 7%

my question, they mark up money factor by a small bit ? I am coming in with $694.37 I know is a good deal which I accepted already. Thank You for you reply/comments

Either that, or there is an extra fee being added onto the selling price.

I get $694.37/mo as well

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the reply. I think they marked up the money factor. BTW, I used .00134 to get $694.37 month and you came up with same #, the factor is .00130 ? is it more for i35 ? I do not remember why I used .00134 or where I came up with that #. Any suggestions ?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

Thanks for the reply. I think they marked up the money factor. BTW, I used .00134 to get $694.37 month and you came up with same #, the factor is .00130 ? is it more for i35 ? I do not remember why I used .00134 or where I came up with that #. Any suggestions ?

.00130 was the MF in September; it increased slightly to .00134 in October.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4