Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited May 2015 in Toyota
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2014 Toyota 4-Runner Lease Questions.

Comments

• mac_attackmac_attack Member Posts: 87
    Can't find a forum for 2015 Toyota 4runner so came here:

Toyota 4runner
    Limited 4x2 with 3rd road
    MSRP = 43,483
    Selling Price = 40,202
    MF = .00191
    residual = ??
    36 months / 15K miles
    monthly payment = 548 w/ 548 down

what should residual be? is that MSRP too high? is the MF inflated? where can i negotiate?

Thanks

Toyota 4runner
    MSRP = 43,483
    Selling Price = 40,202
    MF = .00191
    residual = ??
    36 months / 15K miles

what should residual be? is that MSRP too high? is the MF inflated? where can i negotiate?

Thanks

FYI the residual of the car above is 27,394.29
    -to figure out the residual % is that from the MSRP? so residual / msrp?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

Toyota 4runner
    MSRP = 43,483
    Selling Price = 40,202
    MF = .00191
    residual = ??
    36 months / 15K miles

Thanks

The "base" residual for 36/15 on the 4Runner 4.2 Limited is 59%. That number can be adjusted based on what options it has. The dealer probably had to look up the residual based on the VIN. Toyota does not make it easy to lease their cars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

Toyota 4runner
    MSRP = 43,483
    Selling Price = 40,202
    MF = .00191
    residual = ??
    36 months / 15K miles

Thanks

The "base" residual for 36/15 on the 4Runner 4.2 Limited is 59%. That number can be adjusted based on what options it has. The dealer probably had to look up the residual based on the VIN. Toyota does not make it easy to lease their cars.
    Thank you. So what of the #'s I listed in 2 messages above can I negotiate. 548/mo for a 40K 4runner seems a lot. how low can i get that sale price?

Michaell said:

Toyota 4runner
    MSRP = 43,483
    Selling Price = 40,202
    MF = .00191
    residual = ??
    36 months / 15K miles

Thanks

Thank you. So what of the #'s I listed in 2 messages above can I negotiate. 548/mo for a 40K 4runner seems a lot. how low can i get that sale price?
    I've not shopped for a 4Runner, so cannot comment on what a good price is -- you can use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to help establish a target price.

The high MF is what's inflating the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mc813mc813 Member Posts: 6
    36651 sale price, 6.25 tx sales tax, $7k trade in value, residual of $22,941, MF somewhere at .0013 according to the dealer, $336/mo pmt for 36 mo lease @ 12k miles/year. What say the edmunds faithful?
    edited May 2015
    mc813 said:

36651 sale price, 6.25 tx sales tax, $7k trade in value, residual of $22,941, MF somewhere at .0013 according to the dealer, $336/mo pmt for 36 mo lease @ 12k miles/year. What say the edmunds faithful?

What is the MSRP? How is the $7K of trade equity being applied?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP is at 38307, full trade is reducing the cap cost. I walked, but I'm going to see if they'll knock off some more $ to get it nearer $300/mo.
    mc813 said:

MSRP is at 38307, full trade is reducing the cap cost. I walked, but I'm going to see if they'll knock off some more $ to get it nearer $300/mo.

We don't recommend using trade equity to reduce the cap cost; if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you lose that money. Have the dealer cut you a check for the equity and use it to augment the now higher payment you'll have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

very smart, didn't even think of that!
    Dumb question: wouldn't it be recouped when insurance cut me a check for the stolen/totaled vehicle? Just trying to work everything out in my mind. 
    mc813 said:

Dumb question: wouldn't it be recouped when insurance cut me a check for the stolen/totaled vehicle? Just trying to work everything out in my mind. 

Short answer: No

Longer answer: You don't get the check, the bank funding the lease does. And they get what's due on the lease, which woudn't include the down payment you made.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

duh, I should know that since I used to do insurance. Great point, plus now that I think about it I have a small amount of debt that's a higher interest rate than what I think I could conservatively earn by investing the trade in money, so I'm going to retire that first, no longer have that payment per month.
    ps-thanks for your responses here, first time buyer/leaser so I want to make sure my T's are crossed and I's dotted.
  • katiewatts84katiewatts84 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me with the current MF's for the Southeast? Specifically SC. Toyota 4runner 2wd Limited. MSRP appx $43,500. I qualify for the military and recent college grad rebates. I'm going to put $4,000 down. They are giving me a payment of $547 for 48/12k. 

They are giving me a MF of .00395!!! Crazy! My credit isn't awesome, a score of 665, which I'd consider average, but it shouldn't make the MF this high, should it?

Please help! Thank you soooo much!

Can anyone help me with the current MF's for the Southeast? Specifically SC. Toyota 4runner 2wd Limited. MSRP appx $43,500. I qualify for the military and recent college grad rebates. I'm going to put $4,000 down. They are giving me a payment of $547 for 48/12k. 

They are giving me a MF of .00395!!! Crazy! My credit isn't awesome, a score of 665, which I'd consider average, but it shouldn't make the MF this high, should it?

Please help! Thank you soooo much!
    48/12 residual for the 4x2 Limited is 52% - but, Toyota doesn't residualize their options, so the true residual could be less.

No support on the MF for the 4Runner; these are very popular. Therefore, the base MF should be around .00199 for tiers 1 and 2 in SC (tier 3 MF is .00279 and tier 4 MF is .00349, but I don't know what credit score tiers 3 and 4 represent). Yes, there might be a bit of a penalty for the credit score, but not as much as you've been quoted - that's almost 10%!.

Next, we don't recommend you putting any money down on a lease; if the car is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

You might want to reach out to another dealer; the competition between them will help you, and it only takes one to make a deal with.

Any way you look at it, the 4Runner is an expensive vehicle to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pk_1pk_1 Member Posts: 3
    I am shopping 4runner SR5s. I have been quoted by multiple dealers 68%RV and .00191MF on a 36/12. MSRP around 35k. However the monthly payments and $ down figures have been all over the place.

Toyota has been the most fickle to get numbers from, most will not give me the purchase price or they will not give me the MF/RV.

Frustrating as I am a 3rd time returning Toyota customer but their stubbornness has me shopping other Makes.

Part of the problem is 4runners are flying off the lot down here so it seems they do not want to deal with an 'educated' customer. Guess I can't really blame them.

My advice is figure out the baseline payment for the vehicle you want and do not let the dealer know that you understand how the leases are calculated. I have had most salesman quit budging as soon as I start asking about cap cost, MF and RV(maybe an ego thing). Just play the; 'I really want this vehicle and this is all I can afford' card, they seem more willing to work with that.
  • vivek4runnervivek4runner Member Posts: 3
    anyone have any thoughts on the current 239/month, 2999 down lease deal for the base 2015 4runner model? ive only begun car shopping but it appears to be a good deal.
    anyone have any thoughts on the current 239/month, 2999 down lease deal for the base 2015 4runner model? ive only begun car shopping but it appears to be a good deal.
    If it's for 36 months, the $2999 works out to an extra $84/mo, meaning the true payment is about $325. What is the MSRP ?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2015
    It's $34,095 and it is a 36 month lease. I'm in CA if that's helpful.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

It's $34,095 and it is a 36 month lease. I'm in CA if that's helpful.

Looks like it could be a very good deal. Is $2999 the total due at signing, or is that just the downpayment. Be careful with advertised leases.. By the time you get done, the total cost can be a lot more than you thought. Lots of fine print, and dealers that aren't required to stick to those terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Looks great... (I had to guess at a ZIP, as it reverts to my local area).

Note this part of it, though...

. Lease payments may vary from dealer to dealer based on final negotiated price and equipment chosen. Example vehicle may not be available at all dealers. Dealer fees may apply.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jhl1963jhl1963 Member Posts: 19
    Hi - do you have the limited and trail premium 36/12 info available? Thank you 
    jhl1963 said:

Hi - do you have the limited and trail premium 36/12 info available? Thank you 

61% residual for Limited
    62% for Trail Premium.

MF is likely in the .00160-.00170 range, depending on regional variances.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jhl1963jhl1963 Member Posts: 19
    Thank you very much 
  • 93_zj93_zj Member Posts: 2
    Advice on this deal please.

2015 4Runner Trail Premium
    Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System
    Sliding rear cargo deck

$36,600 + tags and taxes

36 months/15K miles a year
    Money Factor .00197
    Residual Value 62%
    93_zj said:

Advice on this deal please.

2015 4Runner Trail Premium
    Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System
    Sliding rear cargo deck

$36,600 + tags and taxes

36 months/15K miles a year
    Money Factor .00197
    Residual Value 62%

MF is marked up a bit. What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 93_zj93_zj Member Posts: 2
    Base MSRP is $38,855
    Plus Options (KDSS, Clear Paint Protection-Door Package, Sliding Rear Cargo Deck) $2300
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $935
    Total $42,090
    93_zj said:
    Base MSRP is $38,855 Plus Options (KDSS, Clear Paint Protection-Door Package, Sliding Rear Cargo Deck) $2300 Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $935 Total $42,090
    Using the base MF of .00170, I get $398/mo before tax. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lendylendy Member Posts: 25
    Hello,
    Do you have August MF and Residual for 36/12K on Limited and TRD Pro?
    lendy said:

Hello,

Limited 61%

TRD Pro 62%

.00170 MF for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

lendy said:

Hello,

Limited: 61% residual
    TRDPro: 62% residual

.00170 MF on Limited... not sure what it might be for the TRD Pro

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gerry2gerry2 Member Posts: 9
    Howdy,
    Looking for MF and residual on 2015 SR5 Premium (4x4) in NY Metro area. Should lease pricing be at or near invoice for this model? Just curious. Thanks!!!

Gerry
    gerry2 said:

Howdy,
    Looking for MF and residual on 2015 SR5 Premium (4x4) in NY Metro area. Should lease pricing be at or near invoice for this model? Just curious. Thanks!!!

Gerry

.00170 and 60% for 36/15.

Don't track selling prices - use the price tools from Edmunds to help get the TMV. Make / model / year pull downs at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tim2122tim2122 Member Posts: 23
    Hello,
    Would you happen to have the most recent MF and Residual for 36/12K on SR5 Premium for NE Ohio?
    Thank you.
    to21 said:

Hello,
    Would you happen to have the most recent MF and Residual for 36/12K on SR5 Premium for NE Ohio?
    Thank you.

I'll assume 4x4 - 62% and .00170

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• financequestfinancequest Member Posts: 2
    Can I get any help on money factor for 4Runner Limited 4x4 at 36/12k in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia?

I was quoted .00280. Seems like it was bumped to me. I was told residual was 61%.

Can I get any help on money factor for 4Runner Limited 4x4 at 36/12k in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia?

I was quoted .00280. Seems like it was bumped to me. I was told residual was 61%.

.00170 MF and 61% residual.

If you have top tier credit, they are definitely marking up the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• financequestfinancequest Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

Do dealerships regularly try to mark-up a money factor that much? I've heard of a whole point but this is the equivalent of 2.64% difference. That's pretty steep.

kyfdx said:

Do dealerships regularly try to mark-up a money factor that much? I've heard of a whole point but this is the equivalent of 2.64% difference. That's pretty steep.
    For a car as popular as the 4Runner, anything is possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chopper__davechopper__dave Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Just quoted in WI 2015 4Runner SR5 Premium

MSRP 38,185
    Sale Price 36,473
    OTD: 38,810 (Includes tax)
    Tax = 1,939.96
    MF .0018
    36/12k Residual 23,674.70 61%
    36/15k Residual 22,911.00 59%

I did the math for the 36/15k and my numbers come out to

Monthly Finance Fee = 111.09
    Depreciation Fee = 441.64
    Payment = 552.73 plus tax

Dealer quote Lease

36/12 Payment = 537.32
    36/15 Payment = 558.62

Dealer quote Buy

60 month @ 2.9 = 668.77
    72 month @ 3.85 = 581.19

They wanted to pull my credit and I'm not ready for that yet because it will hurt my credit score. Guy said some laws changed in 2012 that makes this no longer true? I said no I'll wait to have my credit pulled until we agree on price.

Does this sound like a good price? 4Runners are completely new to me and I'm not sure if I should lease or buy. Starting to shop around.

Just quoted in WI 2015 4Runner SR5 Premium

MSRP 38,185
    Sale Price 36,473
    OTD: 38,810 (Includes tax)
    Tax = 1,939.96
    MF .0018
    36/12k Residual 23,674.70 61%
    36/15k Residual 22,911.00 59%

I did the math for the 36/15k and my numbers come out to

Monthly Finance Fee = 111.09
    Depreciation Fee = 441.64
    Payment = 552.73 plus tax

Dealer quote Lease

36/12 Payment = 537.32
    36/15 Payment = 558.62

Dealer quote Buy

60 month @ 2.9 = 668.77
    72 month @ 3.85 = 581.19

They wanted to pull my credit and I'm not ready for that yet because it will hurt my credit score. Guy said some laws changed in 2012 that makes this no longer true? I said no I'll wait to have my credit pulled until we agree on price.

Does this sound like a good price? 4Runners are completely new to me and I'm not sure if I should lease or buy. Starting to shop around.

I get $562.66/mo for 36/15 lease, so pretty close to the dealer quote. You won't pay tax twice on a lease - if your state collects it up front, then it won't be added to the lease payment.

4Runners are popular, so I wouldn't expect to see much of a discount from sticker. Use the pricing tools here at Edmunds to help - make / model / year pull downs at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• potstillpotstill Member Posts: 26
    Any word on November Southern California programs (MF & Residual) for the following?:

TRD Pro:
    24 month/12K
    36 month/12K

Limited:
    24 month/12K
    36 month/12K

Thanks!

potstill said:

Any word on November Southern California programs (MF & Residual) for the following?:

TRD Pro:
    24 month/12K
    36 month/12K

Limited:
    24 month/12K
    36 month/12K

Thanks!

TRD Pro - 71% / 62%
    Limited - 70% / 61%
    .00170 MF for all

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• potstillpotstill Member Posts: 26
    Thank you!
  • 2015a3tdi2015a3tdi Member Posts: 53
    Can I have 36/15 numbers for 2016 4x4...SR5, SR5 Premium, Limited and Trail? Thanks!
    2015a3tdi said:
    Can I have 36/15 numbers for 2016 4x4...SR5, SR5 Premium, Limited and Trail? Thanks!
    .00170 to .00180 MF

63% for all trims but Limited, which is 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 2015a3tdi2015a3tdi Member Posts: 53
    Michaell said:

2015a3tdi said:

.00170 to .00180 MF

Thank you...very helpful. My brother picked up an SR5 4x4 on Sunday using this information. Now another family member is looking into the same car but 2WD, can I have numbers for SR5 and SR5 premium 2WD, 2016 model, 10k and 12k miles per year, 3 year lease? Thanks!
    2015a3tdi said:

Michaell said:

2015a3tdi said:

.00170 to .00180 MF

Thank you...very helpful. My brother picked up an SR5 4x4 on Sunday using this information. Now another family member is looking into the same car but 2WD, can I have numbers for SR5 and SR5 premium 2WD, 2016 model, 10k and 12k miles per year, 3 year lease? Thanks!

Same MF, 67% / 68% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator