Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease MF and Residual for 2015 328x Sports Wagon European Delivery

dbuddy69dbuddy69 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in BMW
I ordered a new 328 wagon for European Delivery in July 2015. BMW requires me to sign the paperwork 2 weeks prior. The MSRP is $54,250 and the ED price is $51,365. When I placed the order, my dealer initially quoted me over $700 before sales tax with no money down. he didn't give me the MF or residual when I ordered but used the standard BMW FS rates. He said he will recheck the rates when I complete the paperwork. I am seeing payments for a similar car closer to $600 before sales tax. BMW website shows a deal of $399 with $3,000 down for a $47,500 car and 65% residual. If I plug my build for the same, the lease is around $450.

What is my negotiation position and what can I expect in terms of MF and residual for a car that is in production for Euro Delivery? I am also turning in a leased 2012 BMW 328i sedan and have been a loyal BMW customer since 1994 with over 10 leased cars through BMW FS. Should I expect any incentives or other deals? I am signing the final paperwork and making my first payment next Saturday so I would like to get the best deal possible.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    edited June 2015
    dbuddy69 said:

I ordered a new 328 wagon for European Delivery in July 2015. BMW requires me to sign the paperwork 2 weeks prior. The MSRP is $54,250 and the ED price is $51,365. When I placed the order, my dealer initially quoted me over $700 before sales tax with no money down. he didn't give me the MF or residual when I ordered but used the standard BMW FS rates. He said he will recheck the rates when I complete the paperwork. I am seeing payments for a similar car closer to $600 before sales tax. BMW website shows a deal of $399 with $3,000 down for a $47,500 car and 65% residual. If I plug my build for the same, the lease is around $450.

What is my negotiation position and what can I expect in terms of MF and residual for a car that is in production for Euro Delivery? I am also turning in a leased 2012 BMW 328i sedan and have been a loyal BMW customer since 1994 with over 10 leased cars through BMW FS. Should I expect any incentives or other deals? I am signing the final paperwork and making my first payment next Saturday so I would like to get the best deal possible.

.00128 MF and 65% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. $1000 Anniversary credit. (not sure the credit is allowable for ED, but I'd ask the dealer). ED includes a .00030 adder to the MF, so the ED MF is .00158 (assuming the dealer isn't marking it up.

Considering the ED price is 7% less than US MSRP, you are basically paying full MSRP for the vehicle. ED prices aren't fixed.. you should get a discount, just like you would on a US delivery car.

At the prices given, and assuming base rates, the payment would be $584/mo.+tax.. But, you'd have to pay acquisition fee and tax/title/dealer fees on top of that..

I think your selling price should be at least $3000 lower, At the least..
    But, I don't know what leverage you have now, with your car complete and getting ready to leave for Europe. These negotiations should have taken place a couple of months ago.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    would love to hear back from dbuddy69 what incentives BMW is offering him for ED. I'm assuming he gets his car insured for up to 6 weeks in Europe and delivery to the States included?? Now that the dollar is doing well vs. the Euro - it might be worth a look and combining a trip to Europe and picking up a car at the factory in Germany.