Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New car with replaced windshield

scapaflowscapaflow Member Posts: 5
edited June 2015 in Honda
Long story short, I purchased a new car and signed all the documents. Since it has to go through inter dealer trade to get the car, so I didn't pay yet. However, when the car arrived, there is a crack on windshield. So the dealer has to replace it with original factory part. Frankly it doesn't feel so good when you expect everything is original. And I heard that replaced windshield normally will be noisier compared to the original. So what should be the best solution for my situation? Guess I can't walk away since I already signed. Any tips, hints or suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Relax, especially since they are using factory glass.

This could have easily happened to you on your way home.

I have no idea how anyone could think that somehow, a replacement windshield could be noiser.

Still, if you are THAT nervous, just refuse delivery. The car isn't yours until you drive it off the lot.

I'm just afraid that if you do take the car, you may think it is noiser (when it isn't) or every time the car makes
    a different sound you'll blame it on the windshield replacement.

I know that were it my car, I wouldn't give this a second thought.

But...that's me!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    You'd think noise would only be an issue if the glass was incorrectly installed.

There is something to be said for keeping the original factory glass in place as long as possible since a properly installed windshield is a big part of the safety structure of your car. (Auto Glass Safety Council)
  • scapaflowscapaflow Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys! Guess I will inspect it carefully and as long as there is no noticeable issue, I will keep it. Really like old Pilot's boxy looking, the 2016 Pilot looks like Odyssey without sliding door.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    They'll probably outsource the work anyway, but I think I'd trust a glass company more than the dealer to install the replacement.