Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

HR-V Price And Specs List 2016 & Sale Date Announcement

allycyatallycyat Member Posts: 58
edited April 2015 in Honda
I'm not sure if this was posted but is anyone interested ? Looks pretty good and affordable.
Check the link below from Honda's Official Announcement. Goes on Sale May 15th.

http://awe.sm/aMEmH

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Just around the corner. Really curious to see how this will slot in between the CR-V and Fit.
  • allycyatallycyat Member Posts: 58
    stever said:

Just around the corner. Really curious to see how this will slot in between the CR-V and Fit.

Yes me too !
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,259
    allycyat said:

stever said:

Yes me too !
    This is on my list for my next vehicle when my current lease is up. Sat in one at the local auto show a few weeks ago and really liked it. I've seen pricing that starts under $20K for the LX FWD with manual transmission, and up to about $25K for a loaded EX-L AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yes it's Pretty Amazing pricing and design wise. . Wondering how it will drive based on the Horsepower…..
    allycyat said:
    Yes it's Pretty Amazing pricing and design wise. . Wondering how it will drive based on the Horsepower…..
    It has the engine from the civic, not the fit. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited May 2015
    Okay …. that's not too bad & Good to know. I am leasing one now.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    This is at the top of my list if we decide to go "new" for my wife's next vehicle, this fall. Still trying to decide new vs. used, with previous-gen CR-V probably the top candidate there. Also considering the Forester, Escape, and maybe the previous-gen Santa Fe with the 2.4L.
    I got to inspect the HR-V close up today at my local Honda dealer. They had a loaded EX-L on the showfloor, $26k list. I didn't ask to drive it because I won't be buying until fall. But I was able to check out the interior, which IMO is one of the nicest interiors of any Honda. With the driver's seat (manual even on this loaded EX-L) positioned comfortably for me, there was lots of leg room in back. And the "magic" rear seats easily fold flat, creating a huge cargo area for the vehicle's size, or you can pop the rear cushions up as with the Fit. One thing I like about the exterior is there's a swath of black plastic across the face of the rear bumper and atop the wheel wells, which will help fend off scratches that painted bumpers seem to attract.

After this Sit Test, the HR-V (LX or EX) is at the top of my "buy" list for my wife's next vehicle. It will come down to New (HR-V, maybe the Trax) or Used (CR-V, CX-5, Forester, or Escape).
    backy said:

I got to inspect the HR-V close up today at my local Honda dealer. They had a loaded EX-L on the showfloor, $26k list. I didn't ask to drive it because I won't be buying until fall. But I was able to check out the interior, which IMO is one of the nicest interiors of any Honda. With the driver's seat (manual even on this loaded EX-L) positioned comfortably for me, there was lots of leg room in back. And the "magic" rear seats easily fold flat, creating a huge cargo area for the vehicle's size, or you can pop the rear cushions up as with the Fit. One thing I like about the exterior is there's a swath of black plastic across the face of the rear bumper and atop the wheel wells, which will help fend off scratches that painted bumpers seem to attract.

After this Sit Test, the HR-V (LX or EX) is at the top of my "buy" list for my wife's next vehicle. It will come down to New (HR-V, maybe the Trax) or Used (CR-V, CX-5, Forester, or Escape).

I'll be interested in what you decide. When my current lease is up in November 2016, I'm looking at a lot of the same vehicles - though I'm including the soon-to-be-released Mazda CX-3 and Jeep Renegade as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

If this car were for me, I'd look at the CX-3 also. But I think the HR-V is a better fit (no pun intended) for my wife. More cargo area than the CX-3 and less power--so less chance for her to get into trouble with her lead foot. :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Sat in an EX-L at the dealer and it really is one of the nicest vehicles on the market right now and Honda's best unit, bar none! It does everything right...right size, comfortable and decent mpg's. It really is the perfect sized vehicle for today and will give the new Trax and Encore a run for the money. If something ever happens to my Golf, I would get an HR-V without any hesitation!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Based on what I've seen and reviews on the HR-V, it seems the ideal vehicle for many people. Which probably means I won't be buying one this fall... since they'll likely be commanding MSRP or more for some time. Don't know that I want to pay low-20s (EX) for it. For mid-teens I could pick up a gently-used SUV, preferably a CPO vehicle. It's enticing though!
    I'm interested in test driving one. A loaded Soul would be mid $20s, a loaded V would be around $30k. My wife doesn't much like the Hondas she's driven though (older Odyssey, Fit, couple of CR-Vs).
    stever said:

I'm interested in test driving one. A loaded Soul would be mid $20s, a loaded V would be around $30k. My wife doesn't much like the Hondas she's driven though (older Odyssey, Fit, couple of CR-Vs).

Steve, IIRC the highest trim HR-V (EX-L AWD) has a sticker price of about $26K. Not sure what you're adding to get to $30K other than tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

lol, sorry - the V I'm referring to is the "big" Prius wagon. That V can run $30k with the pano roof and other gizmos.
    stever said:

lol, sorry - the V I'm referring to is the "big" Prius wagon. That V can run $30k with the pano roof and other gizmos.

Ah, gotcha.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2015
    I'm thinking the HR-V could slot in nicely between those two on my list, and am looking forward to seeing how the interior works.