Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pickup-Driving Ladies Like It - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Volkswagen
imagePickup-Driving Ladies Like It - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Our 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI can be used to commute every day or haul stuff in its cargo area. Either way, you still have a car that's fun to drive.

Read the full story here

Comments

• seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    The GTI in its best incarnations has always been the do it all champ, and this generation is one of the best. With my old one I used to fold the seats, put my mountain bike inside, close the hatch and go to some remote riding grounds, it would negotiate some real goat paths before I would park and ride. Return to the car, repack the bike, edge back to some lovely twisting fun to drive roads before taking the alternate route back on the Interstate cruising serenely with the fast traffic. Back home, bike out, clean the car, and it was perfectly acceptable for a night out at some upscale surroundings. Car people got it, knew it was sweet and gave me thumbs up, the rest of the world paid no attention to that little hatchback. What more can an enthusiast ask of a car? Just essential capability and enjoyment, fun at all speeds and in all roles, and free of the status symbol hang-ups.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    edited June 2015
    ""That's a cute little red car you have," she said."

She was hitting on you, man. That's how they do it - gotta tell you everything? How long you been out of circulation?

I would have just put that cardboard out on trash/recycling day, and they would just pick it up - not possible with your recycling setup there? Seems like it's different everywhere.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    edited June 2015
    fordson1 said:

She was hitting on you, man. That's how they do it - gotta tell you everything? How long you been out of circulation?

I would have just put that cardboard out on trash/recycling day, and they would just pick it up - not possible with your recycling setup there? Seems like it's different everywhere.

You didn't hear the full story:

"
    "That's a cute little red car you have," she said as she took a long draw on her stogie and tossed the last empty from the six pack she had just finished into the trash bin..
    You meet the nicest people at dumpsters.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    edited June 2015

fordson1 said:

You didn't hear the full story:

"
    "That's a cute little red car you have," she said as she took a long draw on her stogie and tossed the last empty from the six pack she had just finished into the trash bin..
    You meet the nicest people at dumpsters.
    Your forgot the part about them dancing the tango right there outside the storage unit...and the red leather riding crop lying on her truck's passenger seat...

Yeah, baby...