Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The Perfect Ride for Furious 7? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageThe Perfect Ride for Furious 7? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT would be a great ride for such a father-daughter outing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2015
    Nice post. Out of all your cars in the fleet, I would def pick the Stang as the car of choice for this purpose. Great for a movie outing and burnouts (how about peeling off your driveway with line lock engaged!!!), but also super comfy on the commute to school + awesome on track days (chase down 911's awesome).

Otherwise the Charger or Challenger would be a good choice as well - but the terrible interiors (older gen) and sloppy handling + massive size do them in for me. Still, fun rides nonetheless!
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Firebird Formula T/A? Was the Trans Am a secondary package you could add to the Firebird level similar to the old Camaro RS/SS package? I have always considered the Formula and the T/A totally separate versions of the Firebird.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

Firebird Formula T/A? Was the Trans Am a secondary package you could add to the Firebird level similar to the old Camaro RS/SS package? I have always considered the Formula and the T/A totally separate versions of the Firebird.

I think you are correct...most of the T/A's firepower was available in the Formula, I think. Kinda like a mid-80s Mustang GT and LX 5.0...all the dash, minus the flash.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    Formula is black maybe with gold was close enough for a kid. Car in the magazine is definitely a Formula.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Great post, Scott.
  • ralphhightowerralphhightower Member Posts: 11
    Nah, go for the 66 Vette for the burnouts!