Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pony Parts Hauler - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in BMW
imagePony Parts Hauler - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

We needed to pick up four new tires for our Mustang GT. Our 2015 BMW M235i was the only vehicle available for the chore.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    Well, that's interesting; why the heck does the Mustang need tires?
  • Options
    karmonkarmon Member Posts: 7
    ....and that is why I hate to buy used autos. Autos need the appropriate respect, interior and exterior!
  • Options
    miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    I ruined the passenger seat of a customers R129 SL like this in 10 min/5 miles. You guys are lucky.
  • Options
    aggie94aggie94 Member Posts: 15
    I think either size might fit in the trunk with the top up. I'm sure the standard 245 BMW tire does. My S2000 had a good design - 255 tire could fit....vertically. Stacking the other 3 in the passenger seat - I've seen it done.
  • Options
    boffboff Member Posts: 91
    Why oh why did you replace the Stang's tires with the same crummy PZeros? Shoulda gone for Pilot Super Sports.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    boff said:

Why oh why did you replace the Stang's tires with the same crummy PZeros? Shoulda gone for Pilot Super Sports.

I don't ever recall being impressed with Edmunds' choice of replacement rubber. This one is not horrible, but I too would be choosing the PSS.
  • Options
    jeffksf1jeffksf1 Member Posts: 7
    3 pickup trucks in the stable right now and this is what happens! I would have waited for a truck to become available.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    jeffksf1 said:

3 pickup trucks in the stable right now and this is what happens! I would have waited for a truck to become available.

3 pickups, 2 SUV's, and 2 hatch backs. I would have waited too, or at least brought a couple of blankets.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Less than a dollar's worth of large plastic bags would have saved you all the grief of even a worry about ruining that beautiful leather.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

Less than a dollar's worth of large plastic bags would have saved you all the grief of even a worry about ruining that beautiful leather.

I own a 135i convertible with red leather and there is NO way I'd carry crud like that without using protection. It's not just the seats but also the leather door inserts and the dash paneling that can get smudged. Blankets, trash bags, or painter's tarps-- without one of these, the tires can darn well wait.
  • Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    boff said:

And if you didn't want to pay the super high prices for the Michelins, at least get Continental ExtremeContact DW's.
  • Options
    ttdrivettdrive Member Posts: 12
    I'm missing what this has to do with a long term test of the M235i.
    Amazing how wide a Mustangs tires need to be just to get the handling grip cars with much narrower tires can achieve.