Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The Northern Road to Idaho - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Audi
imageThe Northern Road to Idaho - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

We recently took a trip north to Boise, Idaho in our 2015 Audi A3 to buy a new long-term test car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    Hmm, the tires were 155/80-13, the same size I last saw on a 1978 VW German-built Rabbit, so I will venture a guess as to the classic. Fiat X1/9?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I lived in Boise for a decade and would often cruise by Fairly Reliable Bobs to see what was on their lot. Usually lots of used Vettes and MINIs. Good city to buy a car in - lots of classics on the roads there because the high desert is kind to the body work.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "Someone found a unique classic car for our long-term test fleet.."

Such a tease!
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Oh boy! Do tell, do tell!
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    throwback said:

"Someone found a unique classic car for our long-term test fleet.."

Such a tease!

No kidding but with hose small tires, however, it sounds like a Geo Metro or tires for a boat trailer!
  • jabstafiendjabstafiend Member Posts: 1
    It's better than all of those. It will be a Yugo.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    VW Thing
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    I really like the A3 sedan, so it's good to learn it's compact exterior dimensions don't hinder its appeal for passengers during long hauls.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Scoring nearly 30mpg on the climb from LA up through the Owens Valley is pretty good fuel economy. Were you driving with a light foot on the throttle? How was your mileage on other legs of the trip?
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited June 2015

Scoring nearly 30mpg on the climb from LA up through the Owens Valley is pretty good fuel economy. Were you driving with a light foot on the throttle? How was your mileage on other legs of the trip?

Not terribly light, but we weren't pushing hard, either. The next tank, the 337-mile run from Bridgeport to the Nevada/Oregon border north of Winnemucca, was 33.0 mpg -- an exact match of the A3's EPA highway rating. Along the way the Nevada secondary roads were posted 65 mph, but the Interstate between Fernley and Winnemucca carried an 80 mph speed limit.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test