Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Doesn't Need Waterproof Buttons - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
imageDoesn't Need Waterproof Buttons - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

If there's one thing I would change about the interior of our long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, it would be the auxiliary buttons on the steering wheel.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    They do have a weird feel about them. If they are durable, I'll roll with it.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Trucks, when designed and built correctly, are made to be work horses. Although Edmunds and most of the public use them for runs to home depot and moving they also have to be for guys and gals who need them for hard work. Those rubber covered buttons will keep the dirt, sweat and grime on the hands of a landscaper (for example) from fouling them up. It also makes them much easier to clean.
  • Options
    willin58willin58 Member Posts: 38

Trucks, when designed and built correctly, are made to be work horses. Although Edmunds and most of the public use them for runs to home depot and moving they also have to be for guys and gals who need them for hard work. Those rubber covered buttons will keep the dirt, sweat and grime on the hands of a landscaper (for example) from fouling them up. It also makes them much easier to clean.

Not to mention the potential of melting snow for folks in the north. I see no issue with these buttons.

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    It's not just water, it's dirt and grease. It is a truck after all. One piece rubber button helps keep grime out of them.
  • Options
    moopscoopmoopscoop Member Posts: 1
    The same rubbery buttons are used in the Impala, which is hardly a work vehicle. So it's hard to justify them for their ruggedness alone.