Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Revs Up for Launch in Early 2016 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Chevrolet
image2016 Chevrolet Cruze Revs Up for Launch in Early 2016 | Edmunds.com

The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze compact sedan aims to give rivals like the Ford Focus and Honda Civic some serious competition when it arrives at Chevrolet dealerships in early 2016.

Read the full story here

Comments

• notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    Selling both old and new models concurrently? Sounds like the 2015 will be a rental special.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    a handsome enough car; though not really recognizable as a chevy. looks like the spawn of a civic and a Chrysler 200.
  • thegraduate1thegraduate1 Member Posts: 4
    "It offers 40 mph"... not all that impressive. Maybe he meant mpg? ;)
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    Funny how the selling the prior generation as an 'entry level' model is getting more popular. Nissan is doing it with the Rogue and someone else did it recently too.
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144

Funny how the selling the prior generation as an 'entry level' model is getting more popular. Nissan is doing it with the Rogue and someone else did it recently too.

Infinit is with their Q40/Q50 line.

• socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Chevy has done it with previous generation Malibu models as well as the Impala and it makes sense being able to leave the new model to focus on retail customers while being able to push the older generation to fleet customers. At least the outgoing car, while not top of the class is still competitive and well-balanced.

I'm interested to see what the non-RS looks like (I'm guessing no add-on parts on the rear bumper cover and might actually look a bit better) as well as the announced plans to offer a five-door hatch. Hopefully an SS model makes a return since the basic platform hasn't changed from the dynamically great Cobalt SS.

Only big thing that jumps out at me on the IL/Edmunds pictures is the one of the dash and instrument panel that I haven't seen on other news sites. It appears GM is still using the corporate Chevrolet font from a late-80s Astro van just like they have in the current Impala. Having spent some time in that car (the new Impala) the multi-function display is nice but that font seems really out of place with an otherwise well laid out interior. It's readable but definitely doesn't scream up-to-date.
  • vgupta_98vgupta_98 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2015
    I was pretty surprised when I compared the 2016 Civic specs with that of the new Cruze. While the Cruze appears to be vast improvement over the current version, the specs on the Civic are superior at every level.

The up-level turbo engine on the Civic puts out better power (170 HP civic vs 150 HP cruze) with better fuel economy (31/42 Civic vs 28/42 Cruze). The Civic has more interior space (97 cubic ft civic vs 94 cu ft Cruze) and the curb weight is lower on the Civic (2700 lbs Civic vs 3100 lbs Cruze).

The level of the refinement / attention to detail should be very good on the Honda. I doubt the Cruze will be able to compete on anything other the price. Everyone knows that while they may pay a little more for the Honda up front, it will depreciate less and cost less over time.

These cars are barely in the showrooms and GM has all ready lost. That is really disappointing. GM really needs to try harder.