Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Black mats/beige interior

rsm33907rsm33907 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Nissan
The dealer did not have the exact model/color Rogue on hand but stated that one was arriving in a few days. Upon inspecting the vehicle after it had been prep'd, I noticed that the floor mats were black instead of beige (which is the interior color). The salesman stated that they matched the interior trim, would show less dirt and came with the vehicle. I find this hard to believe. The 2012 murano that I turned in also had a beige interior but it had beige mats. I have not yet looked at other vehicles on the lot but wondering if others have experienced this.
Thanks, rsm33907

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    rsm33907 said:

The dealer did not have the exact model/color Rogue on hand but stated that one was arriving in a few days. Upon inspecting the vehicle after it had been prep'd, I noticed that the floor mats were black instead of beige (which is the interior color). The salesman stated that they matched the interior trim, would show less dirt and came with the vehicle. I find this hard to believe. The 2012 murano that I turned in also had a beige interior but it had beige mats. I have not yet looked at other vehicles on the lot but wondering if others have experienced this.
    Thanks, rsm33907

I can't speak specifically to Nissan, but I always shy away from light colored interiors with matching carpeting. Some makes put in black carpets with beige interiors, and when they don't, I always choose black mats. We had a car with light gray interior and carpets and chose black mats, even though they came with gray.

That said, I don't know if he is telling the truth about the car coming with black mats, but I agree with him about the rest of it.

If you don't like it, ask him to swap them out with beige (after checking that they are an exact match).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    3rd try to post. Beige mats come with beige interiors. My 2014 did. Mats are optional, but almost all vehicles come with them. Dealer either has beige mats in stock or can get them.
    Personally, I prefer light gray or beige as black interiors are monochromatic and feel smaller and darker.
    I really like our beige interior.
    You can always get darker mats from an aftermarket company later if OEM get too soiled to clean. Most have large selections of colors and will send you samples to help pick out one.